Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kindle 6" Fire for $39

Kindle 6" Fire for $39

This is a great gift for everyone on you list. Browse the internet, read your email, watch movies, play games and of course read books. Everyone that has told me I don't want to read books on one of those that I have given a Kindle to as a gift in the past have come to love it.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I guess Jeff Bezos (CEO) is giving them away so people will by the books on Amazon.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Blog Entries
    I purchased one yesterday for myself, but I want to
    get a couple more for gifts.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

Blog Entries
    Do you have a link? I couldn't find it for that price on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
    Do you have a link? I couldn't find it for that price on Amazon.
    try this one:
    http://tinyurl.com/qhofzan

Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    This is a great gift for everyone on you list. Browse the internet, read your email, watch movies, play games and of course read books. Everyone that has told me I don't want to read books on one of those that I have given a Kindle to as a gift in the past have come to love it.
    Thanks! I got one! says available Dec 18, delivered around Christmas.

It's a great deal. My last Fire went belly up a couple of months ago and I had to pay a whole lot more for a replacement.
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by sparkys_mom View Post
    It's a great deal. My last Fire went belly up a couple of months ago and I had to pay a whole lot more for a replacement.
    How long had you had it?

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
    I guess Jeff Bezos (CEO) is giving them away so people will by the books on Amazon.

I download the free ones only

I was one of those that didn't want a kindle but one day I decided to try it.
    Now I love it. Have had it a couple of years. Trying to find out how long battery life is, not a charge but over the life of the machine. Might pick this up for a spare just in case. I use it a lot............ much more than I should! Just for reading. Maybe this one could be a game machine.
    Sneaky being 34.99 with free shipping over 35! Makes you buy something else for free shipping.
    Thanks for posting this.
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
    Susan

Maybe this one could be a game machine.
    Sneaky being 34.99 with free shipping over 35! Makes you buy something else for free shipping.
    Thanks for posting this.
    I have had Prime since it was available and forget there will be shipping charge. With prime you can select free two day shipping or select regular shipping and get a $1 refund. It adds up for me as I shop Amazon for most everything, even quilting items. I also select St. Jude's to be my Amazon Smile. Purchases I make, Amazon will donate money to St. Judes. Amazon has donated millions to St. Judes.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Super Member citruscountyquilter's Avatar
    We ordered three for gifts. Great price, great product.

Blog Entries
    I just ordered one for the grandkids to use when they are visiting. It won't arrive until after Christmas but then, grandkids won't be visiting either til after Christmas. I figure it will come in handy and I will still have control over it and what they use it for. Depending on how they treat it I may decide to gift them one of their own later on down the road.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Have been doing a bit of research. The Kindle 7" is $35; the Kindle 6" (better graphics in HD) is $70 for the same gb. But I have some questions. Anyone have answers?

First off, the reviews I'm reading say that these are good buys if you have Amazon Prime because of all the free downloads. I have Amazon Prime, but I'm considering giving one as a gift to my sister (who doesn't have Amazon Prime and who is also not computer-adept, which means I will probably have to pre-load everything for her). Is it worth buying if you don't have Amazon Prime?

How many Kindle devices can be linked to an Amazon Prime account? I suppose I could link her Kindle to my account, but then I'm worried that she may inadvertently make charges to the credit card I have linked to my Amazon Prime account.

Also, just wondering if it is worth paying extra for the Kindle 6" because of its better graphics. Both my sister and I are aging, and eyes don't get any younger.....

Edit: I knew there was one more question I wanted to ask. I have an iPad Air that I use every day. What would be the value for me if I were to buy a Kindle Fire 6" or 7" if I already have an iPad?
    Last edited by Prism99; 11-28-2015 at 02:33 PM.

I have the Kindle Fire 6 HD and the visuals are awesome. I think the HD really makes a difference, I read some reviews of the cheaper one and they said it doesn't look so good.

Blog Entries
    Prism,

I have an iPad 3, although it is great I do get tired of "packing"
    up the ipad to take with me to work etc...

This is why I am getting me a Kindle so that I can take it to
    work with me.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Pollytink View Post
    Thanks so much for the link. I just ordered one and splurged and go a case for it. I love my Kindles and was looking for one that was lighter weight than the original Fire that I have. This one fits the bill and love the price!

Be sure if it is a gift you buy it unregistered or it will be registered to your account when it is turned on. You can call Amazon and get it unregistered if you mess up. The person you give it to has to have a Amazon account to register it. Lots of free books and apps there Prime member or not. You don't need prime to watch movies. You can watch Netflix or any of the paid cable channels that you subscribe too. I have the 6 HD and the 7 fire tablet. I can't tell much difference in graphics. I have the paperwhite for reading at night and the regular Kindle for my purse. I can read a few chapters while waiting anywhere. Each Kindle registered to my account will sync everything on each one so that is why you don't want one registered to your account if given as a gift.

Blog Entries
    I prefer the iPad. I couldn't make kindle read my email.
    Never let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.

Well the deal is over. The price is back to 49.99! I never did buy it and I'm not sorry. I decided since the one I have is working great why bother until I need one. May never happen in my lifetime.
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
    Susan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    Be sure if it is a gift you buy it unregistered or it will be registered to your account when it is turned on. You can call Amazon and get it unregistered if you mess up. The person you give it to has to have a Amazon account to register it. Lots of free books and apps there Prime member or not. You don't need prime to watch movies. You can watch Netflix or any of the paid cable channels that you subscribe too. I have the 6 HD and the 7 fire tablet. I can't tell much difference in graphics. I have the paperwhite for reading at night and the regular Kindle for my purse. I can read a few chapters while waiting anywhere. Each Kindle registered to my account will sync everything on each one so that is why you don't want one registered to your account if given as a gift.
    This is good to know because I have the Kindle Touch and was wondering if all my books will show up on this new one I ordered yesterday. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    I prefer the iPad. I couldn't make kindle read my email.
    That's odd. I read and send emails from my Kindle Fire. It could be the firewall on your email server preventing it or you are using a regular Kindle and not a Kindle tablet. I send pdf files from my computer to my Kindle. Great for quilt patterns when I'm fabric shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by susiequilt View Post
    Well the deal is over. The price is back to 49.99! I never did buy it and I'm not sorry. I decided since the one I have is working great why bother until I need one. May never happen in my lifetime.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the price went down further...

Hubs bought himself one at that price. I have two Kindles and love them both. One I keep for book downloads only. The newer one I have downloaded games and other apps. I like keeping them separate.

Blog Entries
    Why they were on sale, my son ordered me and hubby one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast