Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kindle Fire on sale til February 13th.

Blog Entries

Kindle Fire on sale til February 13th.

At Christmas time I ordered a Kindle Fire, 7" 2015 model. I am very pleased with it. It also has the feature of adding a microSD card up to 128gb. Great price at $39.99. Sale lasts through February 13th.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Power Poster
    What all can you do on a Kindle besides download books?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    What all can you do on a Kindle besides download books?
    It's a tablet... you can take photos, surf the web, view your email, watch videos, etc.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.

That's a GREAT price! I paid $99.00 for my Glowlight Nook e-reader. I love it, but I can only read books on it...no surfing the web, no viewing e-mail or watching videos! If I had not already purchased the Nook.....I would jump on this deal! Thanks for the find!

My question is if you pay the additional fee on Amazon for a quilting book to receive it also as an e-book, how do you print any patterns such as applique??
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Blog Entries
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
    My question is if you pay the additional fee on Amazon for a quilting book to receive it also as an e-book, how do you print any patterns such as applique??
    this is a good question... i have a wi-fi printer... i wonder if you can just add this device to the list
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

I got a Kindle Fire HD 6" and the visuals are AMAZING. I notice this one is not an HD (High definition) and wonder how it would be to watch videos on.

I should order one for my DDIL.

I would love to have one. But I have a hard time justifying the purchase when I have a perfectly good laptop to travel with.
    And I would rather read an actual book than reading it off a screen.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Blog Entries
    I ask my husband this question, and he said " there are apps that will let you print from your kindle."

We have a kindle fire too we got for Christmas, and love them.

Blog Entries
    For the question concerning printing from an ebook: personally I don't have printer connected to any of my devices other than my desktop. But, you can set up via wifi to your printer. Also, when I buy an ebook from Amazon I can download it onto my Kindle device, my iPhone Kindle app and also to my desktop (or all of my devices).

There is a lot I have to learn about my devices including my Kindle Fire. One thing I particularly enjoy is being able to set it up near where I am working on a project and watch a YouTube videos, check into a quilting website and watch the instructions.

The lack of HD doesn't concern me especially for the cost. I originally purchased this for my grandchildren to use when visiting us but since DH watches woodworking videos and I watch quilting/craft videos almost everyday, we are using it for ourselves also. It won't be for everyone but for us it works. The color and clarity of the screen are wonderful.
    Last edited by SewExtremeSeams; 02-10-2016 at 05:26 PM.

Linda

Quote Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
    For the question concerning printing from an ebook: personally I don't have printer connected to any of my devices other than my desktop. But, you can set up via wifi to your printer. Also, when I buy an ebook from Amazon I can download it onto my Kindle device, my iPhone Kindle app and also to my desktop (or all of my devices).

There is a lot I have to learn about my devices including my Kindle Fire. One thing I particularly enjoy is being able to set it up near where I am working on a project and watch a YouTube videos, check into a quilting website and watch the instructions.

The lack of HD doesn't concern me especially for the cost. I originally purchased this for my grandchildren to use when visiting us but since DH watches woodworking videos and I watch quilting/craft videos almost everyday, we are using it for ourselves also. It won't be for everyone but for us it works. The color and clarity of the screen are wonderful.
    For thirty nine dollars, use as a backup device if nothing else. I mean, really, thirty nine dollars? Great price.

Blog Entries
    The color on ours is better than my lap top. I was surprised.

Blog Entries
    I have a wireless printer and I have it synced to my I Pad and I can print from it. So I am sure there is a way to do it.

I love mine and find it easier to check mail than on my laptop. At this price I'm tempted to order one for a spare or a gift. Beware, between checking mail, reading books and playing games it is a HUGE time sucker. I'm finding that it interferes with my sewing and (oh darn!!!) household chores.

Blog Entries
    I love both of my Kindles. With the original I can just read books but does not have back-up light to read in the dark. :/ With my Kindle Fire I can read books, download from the internet, surf the web, take pictures, read at night when a passenger and traveling etc. but have never found an app that allows me to print.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    This looks like a great deal, but I have a question. Why does Best Buy advertise it as an Amazon Fire, and not a Kindle Fire? Makes me wonder if it's a refurbished item or a different line than the Kindle.

We are a Kindle house. The Kindle Fire is a tablet. It will do whatever any tablet will do. Kindle E reader is for books. There are many different types of both Kindles to suit your needs. Where can you find a great tablet for $39? I watch movies, browse the web, watch youtube videos, check email, read this board, and even take pictures just like a phone or camera. It's the best deal around. Think gifts for graduations coming soon.

Can't go wrong with a Kindle Fire for $39. I bought my grandson one for Christmas. He uses it for ABC Mouse and watching his favorite movies on Amazon and Netflix.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Blog Entries
    *** I am tablet illiterate.
    *** Can you attach it to a printer?
    *** Do you have to buy other things like Word??

*** Or is all this included when you get it???
    J J (jbj137)

I am a G.R.I.T.
    G = girl R =raised I = in T = the S = South

Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    Can't go wrong with a Kindle Fire for $39. I bought my grandson one for Christmas. He uses it for ABC Mouse and watching his favorite movies on Amazon and Netflix.
    I have used it in the sewing room for watching tutorials on youtube. Or in the kitchen for recipes.

Quote Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
    At Christmas time I ordered a Kindle Fire, 7" 2015 model. I am very pleased with it. It also has the feature of adding a microSD card up to 128gb. Great price at $39.99. Sale lasts through February 13th.
    The card is more than the kindle, is it necessary?

I have the Kindle Fire HD 7 and DH has the 9. He watches movies and listens to music, I read books and listen to music and watch utube videos. DH likes the browser (Silk) on the Fire and uses it all the time. I do prefer to hold a real book in my hands but when we moved I had to get rid of many of the books I had collected (I had close to 1000) because of lack of space. I have bought some of my favorite books as ebooks, but I also read ebooks from the library. I have a Kindle Touch, but because it is not back lit it is not as easy for these old eyes to read. If I could justify it, I would get one of the fires for $39 -- outstanding price for what you get.
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

I have an iPad...is this comparable? Are there any fees associated with purchase? Can it be used as my iPad is? Am thinking of ordering, but even for that cheap price want to make sure I get something for my $$$.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast