Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: The literal mind struck again -

Power Poster

The literal mind struck again -

DH was reading the directions for his medication -

"Take one tablet twice a day" -

He said - "How can I take the same tablet twice?"

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    You two must have some interesting conversations!!

Conversations do get interesting as a marriage gets to 50 and plus. Especially when the Husband doesn't hear well and won't get his hearing checked or get aids. Ask me how I know.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    Conversations do get interesting as a marriage gets to 50 and plus. Especially when the Husband doesn't hear well and won't get his hearing checked or get aids. Ask me how I know.
    Mine can hear me mumble to myself when my head is in the refrigerator when the TV is on LOUD. And he goes "what? what?" But I almost always have to repeat things when I'm trying to talk to him.

I do love DH dearly - but I really don't enjoy having him read the grocery ads to me!

Quote Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post

What a brilliant mind! That IS a confusing sentence and I'm glad he pointed it out. Thanks for sharing!

Mine can hear me mumble to myself when my head is in the refrigerator when the TV is on LOUD. And he goes "what? what?" But I almost always have to repeat things when I'm trying to talk to him.

I do love DH dearly - but I really don't enjoy having him read the grocery ads to me!

omg! we all married the same guy!
    the rogue quilter - in from wandering in the sun and snow with camera in hand.

My DH falls asleep watching tv which is loud enough to entertain the neighbors then goes to bed...only to come back out to the FL room (only tv in the house) to ask me if I'll turn it down (I already had). It just defies logic. lol
    Ellen......I'm gonna go play now

http://bestsmileys.com/computer1/19.gif

http://community.webshots.com/user/auntie_em22

LOL, he has a good excuse...he's a man! Thanks for the chuckle.
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

Oh, I so agree!

My DH had turned the volume up to 56 on the remote and still had trouble hearing it. I could hear it loud and clear in my sewing room across the house. I got a cheap otoscope from Walmart and looked in his ears to see that they were full of wax. Hard dry stuff. I purchased an ear wax removal kit and cleaned his ears out. It took lots of warm water and squishing of that bulb but it came out in clumps and finally I could see his ear drum. Took two days too since he got whiney about getting wet! Lo and behold, his hearing improved incredibly! Later that week, I cranked up the television volume to 56 and asked him what he thought. He was astonished to find that his hearing had been so impaired. He hears normally now and we don't have to entertain the neighbors. Moral of this story is: Do not use q tips to clean your ears. It only pushes the wax up against your ear drum and makes it impossible for the little hairs to shove the wax out once it has dried up. Instead, when you shampoo, let some of the shampoo get in your ear and rinse it out in the shower spray. A little alcohol afterwards will dry it out.
    Last edited by Iraxy; 11-16-2012 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Syntax

Blog Entries
    This sounds like something my hubby would say. After a while it gets very frustrating. Sometimes I am in no mood for jokes.
    A friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway.

Blog Entries
    Ohhhhh, my husband is all these rolled into one! Sheesh! The hearing aid thing..don't even go there! Plus he hears me when I'm talking quietly to someone in another room, but when talking to him...he doesn't hear. We call it "wife deafness." But I will admit I have to have the TV louder than he does. Go figure! But he does do grocery shopping on his own (I hate grocery shopping), looks decent most of the time, and so I guess he can stay a little longer (after 43 years, guess so). LOL
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

LOLOL! We had this conversation last week and I realized we had turned into old farts!
    DH-Is it cold outside?
    Me-Yes, it is and the wind is blowing.
    DH-You're talking to Joey (DS)? What's up with him?

I'm still trying to figure out how we got from the weather to Joey. I realized that we have arrived! Not sure where, but we're there!

Blog Entries
    Some of these guys probably understand that old Laurel and Hardy skit...."Who's on first?"
    Last edited by quilter68; 11-16-2012 at 07:53 AM. Reason: sp.
    Quilter 68 who is now 69/and now 70

Blog Entries
    not laurel & hardie - it was abbott & costello
    TwandasMom

Blog Entries
    Ohhhhhh, I am sitting here laughing OUT LOUD, and breaking into DH's concentration on the talking heads on TV; especially with coopah's entry (I could have written that one myself, including the number of years married). I don't normally go into this section--I try to limit my computer time, but today can't seem to make myself sit down to my machine or go to my cutting table. Lotsa funnies, you ladies......
    Make every day count for something!

JoAnn

Since my husband retired he started doing this as well. I really find it annoying! I love him dearly and I know it would hurt his feelings if I said anything. She I just nod and say oh yeah.

Blog Entries
    I've just about decided my husband snores so loud so he can hear himself and wake up and go to bed. If i wake him he says he wasn't sleeping,just resting his eyes. And the snoring?.. Doesn't happen. Lol
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Power Poster
    Mine has to get his nap in before he wakes up from the couch to come to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    I have the "hearing" issue with my mom... sometimes I get some very interesting responses... and I ask "what do you think I said"? Had to have a very frank conversation at the beginning of her hearing loss... as it was tough to tell if she had a hearing problem or was "loosing it".
    Now its soo much better with a hear aid.. but I can tell when its not in... and its frustrating for both.

Blog Entries
    I use to work with a woman who took every word literal. If someone said she looked good today she'd say are you implying I looked bad yesterday? and dared you to say you didn't meant that. She would blow it all out of proportion and not let it go. She pulled that trick when a high dollar client gave her a nice compliment, and was fired immediately.
    Got fabric?