Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Long hair on cooking show hosts

Long hair on cooking show hosts

Yuck! I'm so sick of seeing long stringy hair on cooking show hosts. I have a hard time concentrating on what they're cooking because I'm wondering how many hairs are floating in the bowl.

lol!! let's get them some hair nets, like lunch ladies!!

I have a problem with the long hair issue, too. I watch several cooking competition programs ("Chopped," "The Next Iron Chef" etc.), and many of the contestants not only have long, loose hair, but they also look grungy and are unkempt in general. I wouldn't eat anything they cook.

Blog Entries
    I'm with you on the long hair issues. AND have you ever noticed......that it doesn't matter what they have cooked, when the take a bite of it.....they say it is THE BEST perfectly cooked, seasoned, etc etc....Bull Hockey....I am sure that some of it doesn't taste very good. LOL
    There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So, love the people who treat you right. Think good thoughts for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of LIFE...Getting back up is LIVING...

Blog Entries
    It would bother me if I had to eat their food...
    Sadiemae

I have long hair and when I cook I make sure I have my hair in a clip pulled back so no one finds a hair in their food

As do I. Short hair falls in too ;-)

Blog Entries
    The long hair doesn't bother me nearly as much as them sweating and dripping....I can pick a hair out if I have to...
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

hahaha. I know what you mean. I didn't want to say anything ;-)

Blog Entries
    ha, ha, good one. i keep wondering about the t.v. shows where women are in the lab working on crime evidence and they have no hair nets. hairs flying everywhere and no one cares.
    of course getting someones hair in real food is more important.

I once saw a cooking show host swipe his sleeve across his nose and then just continue the demonstration...yuck

Seinfeld said it best, "people love long hair and comment on how beautiful it is but let one of them get loose and people will freak out". I worked in a restaurant and hair is the least of our worries.
    Debra

Kas
    Not only do they sweat into the food, but they also taste with a spoon and then tap the rest back into the pot!!!!!! OMG! How disgusting is that? I used to work at a bar that was attached to an upscale resturant. The chef was so gross. He had dandruff in his beard and he would clean the edges of the plates going out with his apron that was coated in the night's drips, splats and all the other plates. I would not eat there.
    Outside of a dog, a book is Man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.-Groucho Marx

Blog Entries
    Me as well!!

Quote Originally Posted by sandybuttons View Post
    I have long hair and when I cook I make sure I have my hair in a clip pulled back so no one finds a hair in their food
    Desiderata (Max Ehrmann) - Walk placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

I agree about the hair. Pull it back or net it. The one that really disgusts me, and I know a lot of people love her to death, Paule Deen. Sweet, sweet, woman, however, I don't care how pretty, or expensive, or how shiny the rocks look in the studio lighting, take those dirty, nasty, rings off before you mix food with your bare hands. Gaa! I saw her mix up a sweet potato casserole 2 years ago. I'll bet it is still in those rings. Ewww.

Paula Deen keeps her rings on because she told Michael she could always get them dirty and cleaned back up but she couldn't do anything if they fell in the trash or disposal. She said he told her he'd rather her keep them on.

I don't take my rings off for anything either and they clean up real nicely.

I can't stand when I see them sweat and it drips...that is just too gross. Sometimes the judges make comments on the "double dipping" but it sure seems like it happens a lot of times. They must have a jumbo supply of tasting spoons where we can't see them.
    Lisa L.
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    My most recent swap - Boomerang 16

Blog Entries
    I have long hair I always pin it up and I still worrie about loosing a hair
    Warm Regards,
    Sandra

I am going to stick my nose in here and might even get it smashed....but.....I have been wondering............
    what started all this craze of having long hair? If it is kept clean, neat, and trimmed so there are no straggly ends, it looks fine, but the stringy hair is unsightly. I thought about this craze and the only thing I can relate it to is...
    dancers and cheer-leaders, etc., who bend over and flip their hair over their head? Is there supposed to be something beautiful about that? The hair winds up messy and wild looking. Is it the Born to Be Wild Craze?

Why are so many older women (and that included Hillary Rodham Clinton) wearing long hair? For some women it really makes them appear to be older and haggard. Do they ever look in the mirror? Where does the fad end??

I am wondering where this craze came from? For years the statement about hair was that men like long hair. How true is that? And WHY????

June in Cincinnati

Blog Entries
    that is also my pet peeve. makes me sicak

I agree with the long hair and cooking. The double-dipping is horrid. Also, do they ever wash their hands? Some shake hands with the audience and then start cooking immediately. GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by june6995 View Post
    I am going to stick my nose in here and might even get it smashed....but.....I have been wondering............
    what started all this craze of having long hair? If it is kept clean, neat, and trimmed so there are no straggly ends, it looks fine, but the stringy hair is unsightly. I thought about this craze and the only thing I can relate it to is...
    dancers and cheer-leaders, etc., who bend over and flip their hair over their head? Is there supposed to be something beautiful about that? The hair winds up messy and wild looking. Is it the Born to Be Wild Craze?

Why are so many older women (and that included Hillary Rodham Clinton) wearing long hair? For some women it really makes them appear to be older and haggard. Do they ever look in the mirror? Where does the fad end??

I am wondering where this craze came from? For years the statement about hair was that men like long hair. How true is that? And WHY????

June in Cincinnati
    To each is own, I will keep my long hair until I choose to cut it. I like being able to braid it in the summer and keep it completely up and away from my head. I have a lot of hair and even short it would be too hot for me.
    Sadiemae

I have long hair, but I can't stand having it in my face so it is always pulled up somehow. And double dipping is gross if you are a chef and getting paid for it, but in my house, if something is cooking on the stove and you want to taste, you pick up the stirring spoon and taste it with that, but the first sign of someone being sick, they're kicked out of the kitchen. But hair in food is gross, especially long hair because it just keeps coming as you try to pull it out!
    It's not a mistake, it's an unconscious decision to change the pattern.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    The long hair doesn't bother me nearly as much as them sweating and dripping....I can pick a hair out if I have to...
    Agree, love Barfoot contessa -Ina Garten but she uses sooooooooooo much salt ,it is incredible, that really worries me..

even when I am just cooking for DH and me, I use the stirring spoon to drop some of the food onto a tasting spoon, which then goes in my mouth - not back in the food - YUCK to multiple people lapping in the food while it is cooking!!

I can gross myself out if I think too hard. I never understood the disgust of hair, you can pick it out. Plus most people wash their hair. No sweat, spit, mouth bacteria, dandruff, blood, dirt, fingertips, bugs, or cross contamination in my food please. Hairless would be nice too, but sometimes it happens. Gee whiz, now I don't want to eat out tonight. Think they'll let me back in the kitchen?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast