Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Look What I Found in the Clearance Section

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
    How do you know the mom was not taking care of them? They look healthy. She is probably wondering what happened to her kittens.
    I was wondering that, too.

Senior Member hensandhollyhocks's Avatar
    I can keep two of them. I have another spoken for, and I think I should have no problem giving the others away. My Veterinarian is a friend of mine and he helps me with numerous projects. I'm sure he can't wait to help with kittens!

Senior Member hensandhollyhocks's Avatar
    Even if they were being taken care of by a feral mother, they would then grow to be feral too. Not something many communities are okay with. Don't worry, they will be placed with good homes who want a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
    am I the only one who is worried the kittens got taken away from their mom? If she is a typical feral cat she would vamoose when people come by, so the workers would not see her, just the kittens, and assume she "dumped" them. I don't think too many mother cats do that to kittens that young.

I am glad you are bottle feeding them but if they had stayed with their mom, it wouldn't be necessary.

How sweet! I have never found anything this cute in the clearance section of Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by hensandhollyhocks View Post
    Even if they were being taken care of by a feral mother, they would then grow to be feral too. Not something many communities are okay with. Don't worry, they will be placed with good homes who want a cat.
    I wasn't suggesting you leave them there. I just thought if you contacted the humane society or feral cat group, if there is one in your area, they could trap the mom, and then take the family as a group until the kittens are old enough to adopt out.

Now the mom is still out there, unspayed, and will probably have another litter.

Blog Entries
    we took in a mamma and her two girls. she was raising them on her own and very scared of people. she wouldn't let me near the kittens. the two girls were all she had left of who knows how many in her first litter. They all live in our house now and the two kittens are still a bit shy. Especially one. but they all get lots of loving and food and i take mamma out on a leash every day. she is so sweet and loving now. I couldn't do without them.
    I should add, all of them are fixed. we weren't sure mamma would stay with us or insist on going back to live on the street. got her fixed, either way. But she loves having a safe haven.

Adorable babies!
    A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2