Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Magic-Fit Pants designing with Dusan

Magic-Fit Pants designing with Dusan

Is anyone familiar with this pants fitting system (for women) that was sold by the American Fashion Institute, Inc.?? The "magic-fit" pants kit. I foolishly bought the system way back when--late 80's, I think, and I have never been able to figure it out. It came in a colorful box, but when I looked inside, there were 2 ! complete pattern sets. You'd think I'd attempt my markings on one of them, knowing I had a spare just in case. Nope..just found it easier to keep on doing my old way of fitting to my own self. Does anybody have any hints or prods to get me to give it a try? I have some nice suiting to cut up.

I never heard of it. I use to make clothes for myself, two girls and PJs for my Son, also doll clothes. Now I only make quilts. I have worked for 24 out of the last 25. Girls are now in their 40s, Son 50.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I bought that too, and I don't think I ever used it. I occasionally used the french curve that was in it. Wish I hadn't been swept up by all the hype.
    Lenette

Never heard of it.
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

I think I have one of those stashed away. I always thought I might use it in the elusive "someday.". Hmmm, that someday tub is pretty full!

never heard of that. but then I dont sew clothing. joyce j

Quote Originally Posted by Lyncat View Post
    I think I have one of those stashed away. I always thought I might use it in the elusive "someday.". Hmmm, that someday tub is pretty full!
    And I suspect we'll never catch up--haha. That's me. The pants thingy, the Lutterloh system, so many "great ideas" languish for that someday.

Blog Entries
    Me too. I was looking for something out in my sewing room one day last week, and lo and behold, there was that blue box you spoke of. I bought the whole kit and kaboodle--and never even opened it, if I remember correctly. Do you want it.....
    Make every day count for something!

JoAnn

i'll take any of those master pattern kits that no one else wants to deal with. i still make all my clothes as well as the quilting.

I bought that one, too. Was too complicated for me!

I bought the pants and the dress system -- can't say that I designed anything from scratch, but did learn enough to alter patterns to fit and with a few style changes. Can't say that I have any hints for you. I bought mine around 1990-91. I haven't made clothes in years (and it shows in my wardrobe of jeans, shorts and t-shirts).

Well, looks like most of us who own the kit are in the same boat--guess the box will go back in a drawer. I had forgotten about owning it until I found it recently. You can correctly surmise that I don't clean/reorganize often!)