Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
March 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!! >

March 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

March 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

Old 03-06-2013, 04:48 AM

Thanks JuneBillie. I am trying to use up my stash. These colors are so not me. I am a brights and batik person. I know the person I am making this for will love it. I decided to make the second set of blocks and have everything sewed into sets of 2. I will probably finish up the blocks tonight and put them on the design wall to arrange the colors. After looking at them again I realized they both start with the same unit of 2 pieces and it will change it to the star block if I arrange them differently. This is a quilt for a friend who is having a mastectomy and chemo soon. She is in the process of scheduling it all now. I need to come up with a good prayer or inspirational saying for the label.
Snow day today so I am off work That will make it hard to behave myself eating. Too much access to food when I am home all day. At work I can't snack even if I want to. Makes it easier to behave. I need to head up to the elliptical or I will get lazy and skip it. THen I think I will sew all day:-)
Old 03-06-2013, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
We have some who like to send in their FQ's for more than 1 month to save on postage. Those who have not signed up yet but sent in their FQ's I have sent them a PM to remind them to sign up. Just so everyone knows, once I receive your FQ, it does not stay in the orginal evelope so I don't know who sent which one in. I do my best to keep record of who I receive from, just not which one you sent. They then go in one bag for the winner.

In April I will do another 3 months worth of themes so you can send them in if you like. I may try to get them decided by the middle of the month so you can start looking for them.

Some ideas I am kicking around are:

Florals
pastels
purples

Please share some of your ideas of what you want. These are not set yet.
I love Purples and Florals, Pastels sound good too!! Bright colors are fun Asains are my favorites. Whatever You decide will be great!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 04:11 PM

I spent a good part of my snow day arranging and rearranging my quilt blocks on my design wall. The more I played with them the more I hated them. Eventually I couldn't stand to look at them any more and chucked them. I am sending them to the island of unloved quilt blocks. I will put them away for a while and pull them out some day and maybe they won't be so ugly. I couldn't even stand to sew them together. I made new blocks. They are mostly sewn together. I like them much better now. I just need borders and to decide how to quilt them.
I did spend 40 minutes on the elliptical and shovel the snow from the driveway. Hopefully that will cancel out the candy bar I ate. I made stew for dinner that was delicious. Lots of veggies. I was home all day and didn't eat too bad. I am also doing a bootcamp class at work and on Fridays we walk a few miles. The weight loss better be better this month than last.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:23 AM

Rec'd FQ from mizkyp yesterday. beautiful FQ.

Ladies ..... if you haven't mailed yet please do so soon. Let me know if there is a problem.

Jodi........I am behind in mailing your winnings, they will be mailed no later than Saturday.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:31 AM

We are getting close to the weekend, what are your plans? I will be going to the Dallas Quilt Show on Saturday afternoon taking mom with me. Then have my date Saturday evening. And yes it is the same man I have been seeing for about 9 months now. Sunday will work on the train mystery. I have my fabrics picked out. Also have another t-shirt quilt up on the design wall, it will be finished quickly. Making these squares all the same size.

Have a terrific Thursday. Choose smart.........eat your protein, veggies and drink your water.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:48 AM

Cindy, sounds like you have a fun weekend planned. I never made it to the Houston quilt show while I was living in Round Rock. Made plans to but they always fell through. I will have company this weekend so will be cooking and entertaining my sister, niece and 2 great nieces. I will spend Sunday getting ready for a quilt retreat.
I am supposed to weigh in either today or tomorrow for the challenge I joined. I need to lose 21 lbs by the end of April to qualify for prizes. Since I gained back the 4 lbs I lost since the last weigh in I am debating over it. This was supposed to motivate me and it just hasn't happened yet.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:58 AM

Don't feel bad Pam. Although I have my food plan working I can't seem to motivate myself to exercise and I LIKE exercising. One thing at a time I suppose.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by blondeslave View Post
Don't feel bad Pam. Although I have my food plan working I can't seem to motivate myself to exercise and I LIKE exercising. One thing at a time I suppose.
Yeah, exercise is a problem for me right now too. I seem to really go in phases.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
Cindy, sounds like you have a fun weekend planned. I never made it to the Houston quilt show while I was living in Round Rock. Made plans to but they always fell through. I will have company this weekend so will be cooking and entertaining my sister, niece and 2 great nieces. I will spend Sunday getting ready for a quilt retreat.
I am supposed to weigh in either today or tomorrow for the challenge I joined. I need to lose 21 lbs by the end of April to qualify for prizes. Since I gained back the 4 lbs I lost since the last weigh in I am debating over it. This was supposed to motivate me and it just hasn't happened yet.
I have yet to make it to the Houston Quilt show, maybe this year if the money is there. LOL Mom and I both want to got to the houston quilt show. We have planned also but not able to due to money matters....

Enjoy your family
Old 03-07-2013, 09:31 AM

I meant to say Dallas quilt show. Oops! I have been to the Houston show twice. It is awesome!!