Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: May weight loss

Recipe sounds yummy! I may try it. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Oh boy! Has it really been this long?

Howdy yall! It is Missy here! I was on the forum for quite some time when I started my weight loss journey back in 2010.

I have lost more than 270 pounds now. In March I had a panniculectomy. That is the removal of excess skin. They removed about 36 pounds. Yay!

Is it okay to post pictures here? I would love to share my pics.

I am an open book so if you want o know anything about me please let m know!

Missy

Hi Missy! It HAS been a long time! I see you changed your name, too. That is an incredible weight loss. Congrats!! I would love to see pics. I'm sure we won't recognize you.

Blog Entries
    I received FQ from Pete today. Missy congratulations on you great loss. We would love to see pictures and please share your success secrets with us.
    I did really good on my eating this week. I indulged some this evening. Today was field day today at school. It is always a fun exhausting day. We started outside and it started to rain. Of course it was kinda cold today. We moved all of the activities inside. It gets pretty crazy. Then the sun came out so we were going to have outside recess. Well that didn't happen. They are tearing down some apartment buildings down the street and hit a big gas main. They told us to stay inside and began evacuating houses. They were just getting ready to evacuate us when they got the gas shut off.
    The teachers all had Happy hour after school at one of the teachers houses. It was really a lot of fun. I did have some of the yummy appetizers and a couple of alcoholic drinks. I didn't get home until 9:30. I need to get back on track in the morning.

Thanks, Mateoh, for posting the recipe.

You really are an inspiration, Missy. I would love to see pics and hear your story.

I am SO off on my eating. I've been stress/emotional eating again this week. I really feel guilty, too, that I'm not being a better role model and not providing better meals for my family.

Thank you everyone for your great welcome!
    I am trying to post pictures but am having no luck. Is there someone here that can help me get the pics posted? I am a dork right now. LOL

Missy, I'm a fairly new member so don't know you from 2010, congrats on your amazing weight loss and your perseverance. I'd love to see pics before/after. Thanks for inspiring me to continue to lose my 50 lbs.

QuilterMomma, congrats to your mom on her loss and also getting back on plan. She encourages us septuagenarians that we also can lose weight. I also agree that we have to keep our body in motion, I try to get my 10,000 steps in daily. Prior to joining WW at the beginning of the month, I was only doing up to 5,000 steps, if that. I've lost each week on the plan since I aim for the 10,000 steps. I've even managed over that a few times, it works!

Missy, I am also a new member. Congratulations on your weight loss. I am anxious to see your photos. Looking forward to your posts.

Missy, you might have to resize your pics. I know I can't post pics from my camera anymore without resizing. I do my posting from my i-pad. I click on the icon that looks like a tree in a frame and post from there. Good luck!

Here I am at 550+ pounds.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I got one pic posted but for some dumb reason I cant get the other posted. *sigh* Is there some one here that
    I can email the pic? Maybe that would help it get posted?

Here I am 4weeks postop and at 290 pounds

I am amazed at what the removal of 36 pounds during my panniculectomy looks like. I should take more pics in the months to come. Thank you for all your help in me getting my pics posted. You guys are awesome!

Missy
    Attached Images Attached Images

As yall can see I got the two pics posted. I think I figured out how to do it now. Now back to your regular conversation.

Missy

Wow, Missy! That is an amazing transformation! I am so happy for you. You must feel like a new woman.

Blog Entries
    Wow Missy that is amazing. You should be so proud of yourself. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
    Wow, Missy! That is an amazing transformation! I am so happy for you. You must feel like a new woman.
    The pictures are really important to me. It is a reminder of how far I have come since I started my journey.

I have been doing this for a while. I would love to share my story if anyone is interested.

Missy

I have to just repeat what others have already said, Wow Missy. I am so very happy for you. i know you must be very happy about the transformation. What an inspiration to us all.

Thanks for persevering with the pictures, Missy. I want to hear how you FEEL now!

Like the rest of the girls, WOW! You can not imagine what an inspiration you are to me! I would love to hear your story about the moment you decided to take this journey and what kept you on track.

I definitely feel like a new person. When I had my panniculectomy I discovered that I had a lap! I can sit indian style now. I am also wearing a size 26 now. I started out my journey wearing a size 10 x. I have kept a pair of my biggest pants. I want to take a pic with me in one leg and my mom in the other.

One of the things that I am going to start doing is recording my food intake. I am still losing but I think it will be a good thing to do.

I need to lose about another 100 pounds. I have set a goal for me to lose that in a year or so. Once I lose that weight then I will have my legs and arms done.

I know 3 people who have had the surgery and they've all kept the weight off for many years. Thanks for sharing Missy.

Meanmom, have you put your garden in? This weekend I planted tomatoes, green peppers, and basil. I need to put in hot peppers and beans soon. I can't believe I can finally plant things after the winter we had. I thought it would never end. It was good to get outdoors this weekend, it was gorgeous.

We had a gorgeous weekend here too. Hard to believe how nice it was after there were snowflakes in the air on friday. Crazy weather!
    I have to tell you of a success I had last week of which I am proud. I went on a day trip with 2 friends. The place we went for lunch had creamed chicken over biscuits for their special of the day. That is one of my favorite comfort foods. My friends both ordered it and I ordered a salad. I did have 1 bite off my friend's plate. It wasn't near as good as I thought it would be. Now, if it was my mom's cream chicken over biscuits I don't think I could go without!
    Let's have an active, healthy eating week, girls! I'm going out for a walk while there is still daylight!

Pam, congratulations on passing on the cream chicken over biscuits. Isn't it nice to be rewarded for being good by the dish not being as tasty as you thought it might be? I love when that happens. There is nothing worse then deciding to indulge only to find out that it did not taste as good as you thought it would and you had all those extra calories for nothing.

Good luck all as we embark on a new week.

Blog Entries
    Missy - all I can say is WOW! Are you following a certain diet? I sure could use encouragement. This was my BD weekend and I had 5 BD cakes, 2 pizzas, ribs, lasagna and fried chicken (I did remove the skin). Am so afraid to step on the scale. I know I am blessed to be so honored, but---I still have most of 1 cake in my fridge and my DH insists that we eat it rather than give it away. Had HB eggs this AM as a start to a new week. I think I may have to start journaling my food intake. I hear it really helps!
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast