Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: May weight loss

Quote Originally Posted by mjmachin View Post
    Silverfoxmag, I wish you well at WW. A few years ago I also joined and did lose weight. It is actually the only
    plan that actually works for me. So why do I not go again?...good questions! I guess it is the time and money. Altho
    I know the plan very well I really need to just do it myself at home. Yes, I procrastinate a lot, I know what I need to do, but I just don't do it. Well, maybe this group is a place to get some help. I have about 50 lbs to lose. Nice to know I am not judged here with this nice group of folks. Thanks everyone.... good luck to us all!!!
    It's the only one that ever worked for me as well. I guess with me the meetings are crucial, I need to answer to someone other than myself. I also love to be with people who share my problem, we help each other. I've never been judged in a WW meeting, if anything, they really understand. I hope that was not your experience, if it was, you were with the wrong group. I searched around and found a lecturer I relate to and that's where I go weekly. I've been doing well since the beginning of May but I took a little detour this weekend and went to Newport, RI. I did the best I could with my choices of food but I may have a slight gain this Thursday when I hop on that scale. I'm ready for that and figure it'll take me maybe a week longer to get that 50 pounds off, no problem. I'm home now and planning a dinner within the WW plan, back on the wagon! I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend and good luck for the rest of the week with the weight losses.

We survived our trip to Iowa! LOL Allie was actually pretty good in the car. She was tired of sitting in her car seat after about 4 hours yesterday but then, so was I. I turned on her Baby Einstein video and she watched it 3 times before we got home. For our potluck meal yesterday, I took lettuce and several toppings to go with it. I filled half my plate with salad and the other half with small servings of the food I wanted most. I tried a couple of desserts too but it doesn't look like a gained.
    Looks like summer is here. We had maybe a week of nice spring weather. Now it's hot. I was hoping to go on a bike ride today but by the time I went to the store and bought a bike helmet it was 88 degrees on my way home. Too hot for me to exercise outside. I don't need a migraine.
    Good luck with your surgery tomorrow, Pat! Hoping for a speedy recovery for you!

Blog Entries
    Thanks. Leaving for surgery in about an hour. Hopefullly the recovery will be as speedy as the dr claims. My neighbor said his was not that fast.
    I did well at WW too. No one ever said anything when I didn't loose. I think it was just my mind games. The fact that someone else saw my weight and could see my progress kept me more on track. I probably need to go back.
    It is hot and humid here. I just turned on the AC. If I am going to be sitting here all day after surgery at least I won't be hot.

Blog Entries
    I just checked my calendar and I see my cardiologist in 1 month! Have got to show a weight loss----can't remember what I was last time. Really hope my willpower persists. Thankfully I only have 1 BD a year!!! Fingers and toes crossed!
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

I finally went back to the gym over the weekend. I really dreaded it, but am so glad I went back. I was able to stay on the bike 15 minutes then lifted a few (light!) weights. I won't try to increase my bike or elliptical time until I'm able to get myself over there on a regular basis. On my way to yoga now, and she has us work on abs every time! Yuck!!

Pat, hope your surgery went well!

Blog Entries
    According the the dr the surgery went well. He fixed the meniscus and 4 other things I can't pronounce. He also removed some floating debris. He said it was pretty bad. He was surprised I was walking on it as much as I was. So far it feels pretty good. Pain meds are working well. Hopefully they will continue to work tomorrow too. I can tell when it is time for another dose.
    I have a book to read. Hopefully I won't get too bored before I can get upstairs to my sewing room. On thing is I can't hardly make it to the kitchen to get snacks.

Glad to hear all went well, Pat. Take care of yourself. Don't try to do too much.
    Good job, Cindy! It's good to get back on track.

"On thing is I can't hardly make it to the kitchen to get snacks."

LOL Pat, that's a good thing for weight loss! Glad it's over for you and you're on the road to recovery. Take it slow and easy so you don't hurt that knee.

So happy to hear that the surgery went well and now you can go on to recovery. i hope all continues to go along smoothly and that you can back to your sewing room very soon.

Blog Entries
    I made it upstairs to my sewing room. I did get a big pile of blocks ironed. I tried sewing. The angle of the foot pedal hurt my knee so I had to quit. I tried a bunch of different positions but none of them worked. I am bored. Sitting in the chair all day is making my back hurt. I will try to sew again tomorrow. My knee is pretty swollen but the dr said that was to be expected.
    I posted the June thread. The end of the month is rapidly approaching. Don't forget to sign up. June weight loss

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    Am so happy all went well. Remember when walking steps --- down with the bad and up with the good.
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

Blog Entries
    Don't forget to PM me you weight loss. I have only heard from 2 people.

Blog Entries
    The winner for May is silverfoxmag with a loss of 11.6 pounds. WOW awesome job. Please PM me your address so I can send out your 11 FQ.

I won, I won, I'm sooo excited! I worked really hard for those pounds by replacing chocolate with lots of fruit, bread and pasta with whole grains and portion control. I also got off my butt and did my best to get 10,000 steps in each day, some days being better than others. My hobbies are of coarse, making quilts, reading and being on the computer, all sedentary, so making an effort to walk more really helped a lot. What also helped in a big way was all of the wonderful sharing and encouraging stories of all of you, thank you, sincerely, you are a great group and I'm happy to be a part of it! Marie

Way to go Marie! I think my highest weight loss ever was 9 pounds in March.
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

Thanks lauriejo. That's an awesome amount to lose in a month also, 9 lbs, good for you! How much to date?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6