May Weight Loss

Old 05-24-2015, 03:05 PM

Good evening everyone,
coffeegirl, a loss is a totally nice surprise! Sometimes I am so strict with my calories, that it needs a bump to get my metabolism rocking again.

meanmom, you got in 10,000 steps after midnight? Wow! I am really looking forward to being more active once I'm home from surgery/rehab. I love to power walk and do aerobic dvds. I have BeachBody's PiYo that I've never done yet. I hope to eventually be strong enough to do Insanity again.

Pam, I think that diet totally makes sense. Plus, it has been researched by scientists. (!) But seriously, I agree with having carbs at breakfast to allow time to work them off. I am trying to cut starches out of my dinners. So what happens, DH gets a Pizza Hut pizza for dinner. I usually only have 1 piece - leaving the other 7 for him. If he gets his fill, maybe he won't crave it again for a few months.

I am still waiting on my cardiology clearance............more tests to do. He fussed at me for not allowing him enough time (my surgery is in 2 weeks). Except that my clearances have to be within 30 days of my surgery. Saying a prayer that Blue Cross approves the test authorization stat.

We are having drought-busting rains here in the Tx Hill country and central Tx. Even the lakes are filling up.
Have a successful week - it is the last one this month.
Old 05-24-2015, 05:21 PM
Power Poster

I sorry to hear about all the medical procedures many of you are going through. We switched medical insurances and I am finally getting some basic medical care and needs addressed. It has been a bit overwhelming all the visits, cost, and finding things that are wrong but at the same time I am glad things are addressed and hopefully I will avoid some illnesses because needs are addressed. Praying you get the clearance you are waiting on Leann.

Reading all the posts about vacation and trying to stick to a diet makes me nervous. I plan to camp with the children on the beach and I think that will work OK with trying to stick to a diet as I will have my scales, measuring cups and I will be cooking. Later on in the summer DH and I will vacation in HI for our wedding anniversary. A gift from my dad. Most of the day we will be at the beach or gone from the hotel room. We do have a kitchenette in the hotel room and I will need to make my own food as I am allergic to everything. I will take a small collapsible ice chest. I am just not sure if I can keep track of everything since I have no scales and I am not sure how accessible my app lose it will be for keeping track of everything. Also increased activity might throw it all off. I don't want it to be all about the food and diet. Just my allergies to many foods is normally a pita.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:06 PM

I have been doing my PT 2x most days. Also walking a lot. this morning I walked along a bike path that runs along the river here. The first part was gorgeous. Wildflowers on both sides. The poppies were blooming and lots of different purple flowers. After that it heads into the woods that are really thick, it was really nice. I walked 4.2 miles and had 10,000 steps in before lunch. I haven't really lost much weight with all of this exercise, i guess the problem could be the bag of candy on the kitchen counter and the rice krispie treats.
We were supposed to go out to dinner tonight for giant hamburgers. My DH backed out at the last minute. We have 2 graduation parties and a wedding to go to on Saturday. It is going to be hard to behave myself. I guess it will have to walk Saturday morning for sure.
I am trying to eat healthy. Just need to cut out the sweets. Leann I hope you get your clearance for your surgery. It is nice to be able to do the things I couldn't do before surgery. Before surgery I could barely walk 1/4 mile. Anna I hope you get your medical issues cleared up too.
Pat
Old 05-28-2015, 04:14 PM

Ok ladies, it is nearly the end of the month. It is time to sign up for June. I just posted the June thread. SO head on over there to sign up. http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...ml#post7209928
GOOD LUCK
Pat
Old 05-28-2015, 05:38 PM

I'm looking forward to being able to do new things. And without pain - eventually.

Happy Quilting!
Old 05-29-2015, 09:08 AM

Leann, I hope all your tests go well so the insurance co will let you have the surgery. A new knee could open up a whole new world for you.
I started tracking my food and workouts on myfitnesspal a week ago. So far, so good! I sure wish I had started at the beginning of the month. I've been walking at least 3 miles a day. I try to do some in the morning and some in the evening to keep my metabolism working for me.
My DD's baby is due in 3 weeks. She is so miserable with her back aching that I really hope she goes early (but not while I am at my quilt retreat!). She is a pharmacist and works 9 hour shifts. I feel so bad for her being on her feet for that long.
Old 05-30-2015, 02:20 PM

Thought I'd drop a quick line on from the birthday present my DH just gave me. My laptop died a couple of months ago and he gave me his to use. It is a little cheapie - nothing like my wonderful Sony. This baby has a touch screen and I can flip it to be like a tablet - except that it would be a big tablet. I am in Austin with my son who has been home all week. We spent all day yesterday in the cardiologist office and then the hospital as he had an ultrasound of his heart. We are about to head out to the movies, gonna see the new Avengers movie. And no, I do not plan to deny myself a treat. I may go to the movies every other year.
Thank you for the well wishes. Still no word on my cardiology appointment, but my surgeons PA told me not to worry, so I'm not. (too busy worrying about my kid)

Have a good finish to your month! I think I've stayed the same. Hope that changes once I can move around like a real person!
Old 05-31-2015, 02:22 AM

Leann, enjoy the new laptop. I'm afraid mine is about to die. Nothing fancy but I've had many good years of use from it. I got it when I went back to grad school. It got me all the way through that and more. I've started noticing all the new, cool features like touch screens, add-on/take-off keyboards, etc. One of the things I'm considering before I get something new is the size of the screen (must be big enough to see things comfortably and maybe even stream movies) and small enough to hold in my lap if I'm not at the table or desk.

Leann, is your son ok? It sounds as if you have quite a distance to travel to go take care of him (?) and I know that's tough, especially if you're dealing with your own health issues. Prayers for health for both of you.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:25 AM

Leann sending prayers for you and your son. I hope you get your surgery clearance soon. It is great actually bieng able to do pretty much anything I want. I'm still not abole to go back to yoga and would love to ride my bike, but that will come soon. I am supposed to see the surgeon on Friday but I need to change the appointment. Hopefully he has something open. I had a dr appt, PT, a pedicure and haircut appt to go to on Friday. I need to change all of them as I have an out of town funeral to go to. Also I am leaving for Florida on Saturday.
We had 2 graduation parties and a wedding yesterday. I was a bad girl! I ate too much and was miserable. Lots of bread, YUM! Mostly I ate at the graduation parties as the food at the wedding wasn't very good. At least I was able to leave most of it on my plate. I took one bite of the cake. It wasn't worth it.
It is that time again. DOn't forget to PM me your loss for the month and sign up for June if you haven't. I am sure the FQ aren't going to me. I am down a little bit I think but not much. Too much candy. DH finished the candy so NO MORE!.
Pat