medifast...anyone try it

Old 12-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Power Poster

Thumbs down medifast...anyone try it

Just got the stuff last week. It smells putrid, and everyone of the packets takes yuckky.it all has the same underlying flavor. Some of thebars are o.k. but the rest is aweful.
So... is it just me?
Old 12-04-2012, 05:43 PM

Sorry, I was so put off by the sales pitch that I walked away. I'm glad I did now, after reading your post!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:49 PM

Years ago I did Medifast and lost the weight and kept it off for a few years. After a few days you get over some of the taste. Hang in there.

mltquilt
Old 12-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for the encouragement.
It smells and tastes sooooooo badddddddd
Old 12-05-2012, 02:54 PM

lynnie, about four years ago my dh and I did Medifast. I was so excited. There were many of the "foods" we didn't like and some we liked and ate and enjoyed. In a year or so my dh lost 40 lbs. and I lost 80 lbs. I love how I looked yet I noticed my hair was thinning out. Well after awhile like most "diets" I wanted to eat some REAL foods again. You can guess the end of the story. I ended up putting most of it back on. I was so sad because I had given away all of the plus size clothes I had that were really beautiful to a friend and a relative. Then I found myself big again and wishing I had kept the clothes. But at the time of my losing the weight I thought for sure that I could continue to do Medifast the rest of my life. I know about their maintenance plan but still following Medifast didn't really change my "thinking" which is what I REALLY needed.

I didn't like how their prices kept going up for the boxes of items too. I'm not cheap but the cost was getting crazy.

Maybe you will do better than we did and lose the weight and then have learned to eat right...but I really didn't learn a thing while following their plan.

Now I am doing "The Lord's Table" and that has been a blessing. I am losing the weight slowly but it has meaning and I know why I am losing it and how. It isn't something I go "on" then "off".

Good luck.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:11 PM

Have you looked into Spark People? www.sparkpeople.com

I think most people have better luck with learning to eat the right amounts of real food and exercising. And it is free!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:28 PM

A couple of years ago I won a basket full of the stuff. Most of the products are made with soy and I am not a soy person. The best way to weight loss is porportions and small snacks inbetween. Might not lose a lot at a time but every pound counts.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:19 AM

Everything we eat must be in the correct portion size. Most of us eat two or three times the amount of a portion size at every meal. Portion control is how most of those diet plans work, when we go off of them we go right back to what we were eating before because they don't teach us what we really need to know.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:24 AM
Power Poster

I did Ideal Protein.... it's pricy but well worth it. Liked 95% of the products
Old 12-06-2012, 07:55 AM

I did Medifast for four months about 10-12 yrs ago....I lost 30 pounds and lots of hair. My neighbor had hair loss too. Now at age 71 my hair is really showing the thinness.

I've recently been on Weight Watchers for 4 months, lost 15 pounds and learned to eat healthier. Never hungry, but eat more fruits and veggies and less stuff with sugar and flour, it's much easier to change your eating habits than diet and binge in my opinion.

Hubby belongs to Smart People and it's very similar to WW except you count calories instead of points, and it will give you much more info. He watches his potassium, magnesium, cholesterol, protien, calcium and more. And best of all it's free.

I do grocery shop much smarter and compare labels, watch calories, etc.

Good luck to you whatever method you use....just make sure you're getting good nutrition or under a Dr. care.

Viv