Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Meet furbaby Nibbs. New quilting inspector

Blog Entries

Meet furbaby Nibbs. New quilting inspector

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1438
Size:  940.1 KBHere's my new quilt inspector! She is 19 months old, a Russian Blue and quite a girl. She loves playing with this towel in the morning when she's full of energy. I read that Blues are energetic and muscular, but it's like having a belligerent two year old child. In her first family, she competed with two other cats who were double her age and ignored her. She has many sweet quirks, though, and we are learning that anything on counters is fair game. It amazes me how high she can jump! She plays hard and does the same with sleeping. She opens drawers, finds pens and pencils to play with, loves a red pom pom and retrieves it like a dog for a game of catch, and punishes us by ignoring us if we've been gone from home longer than she'd like! We are working on ignoring her when she's in the biting mode. (The name Nibbs is from "Nibbler.) But she's turning into a good sewing buddy by sleeping on stacks of fabric and trying to pull the safety pins out of quilts in progress. Not much is getting done, but she's worth the changes in our lives.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Nibbs is adorable. She looks like she has mischief in her eyes!
    Lori

She looks like she has a lot of energy.. Enjoy her.. She looks like a lot of fun..I never had a cat, so am not used to their quirks..

What a little mischief maker. I love how you describe her quirks, I hope you guys love each other for a very long time.
    Billi
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood

Blog Entries
    Oh I love Russian Blues. I have a calico and her two girls. the girls are black and white and have long hair on either side of their chest/shoulders. Someone told me they look like Norwegian Forest Cats so I looked that up. Yep I think their Father must have been one. I comb them almost every day! Say HI to Nibbs for us!!

First, thank you for adopting Nibbs. You will be rewarded a million times over.

Second, if you are having a problem with her nibbling, you might want to make her a kick stick. That way she can get her aggression out, like she does with her towel. You make a long 'log' piece - start with a piece about 12" x 8", seam it along the long edge. Turn it right side out. Stuff it will batting scraps, add some catnip, if she is interested. I usually add a bell for extra stimulation. Close the ends like a candy wrapper - tie the ends shut with a ribbon, leaving fairly long tails.

When she is starting to nibble, exchange her kick stick for your hand/arm. Then love on her after she has worn herself out. She will get the idea that the rough play is only with her towel and her kick stick.

Blues are wonderful intelligent, loving, curious, and total comedians. She will bring you many, many hours of joy and laughter. If you have a place that it will fit, you may want to get her a cat tree (Blues love to be high) and put her a bird feeder outside of a window that has a place for her to lay. Watching the birds will help keep her busy and out of trouble - sometimes .
    Jane
    Physically in Maryland but heart is in Indianapolis.

Rescued Boxers are adoptable love. Please consider a homeless/rescued pet when adding to your family.

hehe Will keep you young. Barb
    be happy

Oh, yes ... that pretty baby is starting to train you properly on how to play - lol. She's gorgeous!

She's a beautiful girl. I love my furbabies too. They are are part of the family.

She is a beauty & I think she will make a great quilt inspector. A very lucky kitty.

Enjoy your new helper...they are so much company. She also may talk to you often if you ask her the right questions, especially her opinion on a quilt layout.
    Lisa L.
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    My most recent swap - Boomerang 16

She is adorable......

Blog Entries
    She's adorable. I have a Russian Blue she's grey, and I didn't know they came in other colors other than grey. Mine is very intelligent and talks a lot. She will talk to you too when you ask her things. Good luck with her. she's a cutie.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

What a pretty baby. You can see the mischief in her adorable face. So glad she has a good loving home! I have a fur baby,too. She's a Tuxedo. I can't imagine life without her. Her name is Bitty-Boo.

Blog Entries
    *** She is a beauty.
    J J (jbj137)

I am a G.R.I.T.
    G = girl R =raised I = in T = the S = South

Very pretty kitty. I hope you will enjoy many years together. I have three cats now, 2 are 13 and one is 6.
    I have a Chihuahua 5 and a puppy 4-1/2 months. The puppy is always stealing pieces of batting when I am sandwiching a quilt. I am on to him and take it away from him. I don't let my cats in my sewing room. My puppy is about all the help I can take.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    she has mischief in her beautiful eyes.
    did you make her a quit yet?
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

I have one that looks almost just like her. He has white feet, so we call him Boots. He is diabetic and we like to camp--obviously, taking him tent camping wasn't going to work but he has to have insulin shots twice a day. We bought an RV so he can go with us and we named it Socks to go with Boots. You are right, they are very strong, playful (and have sharp teeth!) Have fun with her--ours is almost 13 years old and hopefully he has many more years to delight us.
    Regina in Richmond, KY

Nibbs is adorable!! Once she realizes she doesn't have to compete for attention, she will calm down. She's just feeling her way around to see what she can and cannot do now.

I too just got a new furry friend. A guinea pig named Patches who loves to play in piles of fabric strips that are too small or I won't use. He is so funny.
    Happy sewing,
    Dee

Keep cats off the counters by covered them with foil. They hate the sound it makes when they walk on it. It's a pain until they get the picture but seems to work with most cats.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    How beautiful she is !!!
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

What a pretty girl! And her white "nail polish" is very special. I'll be she is very happy to be the center of attention. She'ls obviously a good cat and will bring you many years of joy. Congratulations.
    Quilting Makes Me Happy...

She looks like a quilt lover! Her Nibbs is a beauty with a very expressive face. Enjoy your new addition.

Love your new furbaby - she is gorgeous!

Blog Entries
    We had two once upon a time. They were left in the wild and my cousin captured them and brought them to us. They were so wild that we put them in a cage in our living room so they could get used to us. We would reach inside with gloves and pet and talk to them. One of them decided he wanted out and after hiding for a few days (in the house) he slowly let us touch him. The other one wanted out so we decided to do the same thing. Well, at the same moment, our son came home and the cat bolted through the door never to be seen again.

The one who stayed became very affectionate an we loved him so! He would come and go through the cat door. He was so beautiful and we named him Blue. Well someone stole him and we never seen him again. Our hope was that the two of them would meet some day. Such a sad story. But when my two are gone I'm going to look for another one. They are so terribly expensive. Maybe we can find one that is a mix and doesn't cost so much!

Good luck with Nibbs, she will bring you years of enjoyment. I envy you!
    Elli
    sewellie

It takes real skill to choke on air, fall upstairs and trip over completely nothing .... I have that skill!!!

My plate may be full, but my cup runneth over with blessings.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast