Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: This might make you feel better

I just want it to be o one time schedule or the other all year long and not change back and forth.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

Another sign of spring coming soon: I saw a whole flock of robins yesterday! In Michigan, that usually means spring is not far away!

I start work at 2:30 AM. I am not happy with the time changes. I wish they would leave it one way or the other.
    Lynda

Blog Entries
    Keep the time the same year round. This back and forth time change just creates stress for me.

Despise the time changes! There is only so much daylight in a day, no matter how you slice it. If it is important to be up earlier or later let each individual decide that. It takes me six weeks to adjust.

I do seem to feel better during DLT but I think it's really because it's spring & summer & has nothing to do with the time showing on the clock. I just wish we would stay one time year round and stop the back & forth changing. THAT stresses me - and it gets worse the older I get...

I,too, wish the time did not change; I don't like DST. It takes me weeks to adjust.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
    Really? That early? Goodness, I do wish they would just give up and stay on the same time all year round.
    I too wish there was never a time change. Growing up we never seemed to have a problem with the time. I personally can't understand the need-except for some who want the day to be longer during the summer - which it isn't just the time is an hour different-makes no real sense.

Blog Entries
    I am over the moon over the time change coming up. I lost my DH last summer and right about the time we got off of DST, my eye doctor limited me to daytime driving. From Thanksgiving to MLK Day, I felt like I had been dropped into a bottomless pit or, even worse, had been told to take 12 giant steps toward the rest home. I am a morning person but I felt so trapped by those 8 hours of daylight. I couldn't do anything at night, even church activities. I live in a remote part of the county. Funny thing, now that we're about to move into more afternoon daylight and it doesn't matter as much, I see the eye doc this week and she says I am OK for night driving. I think the good Lord has missed me at evening church activities, LOL!
    Holli
    Your Favorite (Retired) School Librarian

Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, For I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true.

I have had a bad case of "winter doldrums" and I am soooooooo looking forward to the time change. Some of us really need that daylight. I envy those of you who are winter people. I am like a turtle in winter Want to pull into my shell and hibernate. Hurray for Spring

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2