MINI IRON

Old 05-27-2011, 06:26 AM

Greetings to all...........I purchased a mini iron something pink found in the reg. iron section at Jo Ann's. Big mistake......it is too light tips over, and the cord keeps coming unpluged at the base of the iron. When I cut open the clear plastic mfg. packaging I cut through the UPC code..........with the sales slip and within the appropriate time I tried to return it. Nope I was informed that since I cut through the UPC code they wouldn't be able to re-sell it........so caution when you open mfg. packaging. I have emailed JoAnn's but I don't expect an answer. Its not the $$$ which isn't that much just the principle........I have dumped LOTS OF $$$$ over 11 yrs since I got my into ME but you know there are other places to shop.............thanks ..........calla
Old 05-27-2011, 06:52 AM
Power Poster

my daughter bought me that same little iron a few years ago (because i asked for it) and mine is the same- i still use it on occassion- but it constantly comes un plugged and is quite aggrivating...i went into an lqs one day and saw one that looked like mine on their rack- i told them about my experience with the one i have and they let me know they use theirs all the time- sell lots of them---and love them---
seems walmart & joannes get the ones that other companies turn down--their quality expectations are no where near what reputable shops expect.
so, i fight with mine- have an attitude about it everytime i need it- it does heat up nicely (when i can keep the cord in) and it's the right size...and one day i will probably break down and try another one from a store that takes some pride in the products they carry.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:11 AM

I have couple of different brands and so far I haven't found one that's worth the cost of a postage stamp.

Let's see if anyone has a good one to talk about.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:40 AM

Can you write the company and ask what can be done about it coming unpluged from the iron? It sounds like a defect to me.