Miniature Doll Houses

Old 06-19-2011, 04:06 AM

I have a dollhouse! it is a three storey victorian with all Victorian style furniture and decor and I love it. It is on a 'lazy susan' board and I have also made the board area into a garden. It is not quite finished as I have quilting to do! I am only sorry it is in the basement and dusty as there is no where in the main house to show it off.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:20 AM

me again. My dad made a stone fireplace with small stones picked up from his garden. Just glued them on a cardboard form. Still intact after all these years.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:27 AM

Yes, I have a kit that is about half way put together. However, it is in a big box in the storage shed. Guess I need an incentive to get it out and finish it. It is an English Tudor. Like someone else said, it will need a place to live when it gets finished. Our house is rather small and it comes down to quilt frame or doll house....
Old 06-19-2011, 05:33 AM

I have two doll houses. My BFF builds custom doll houses and sells them. Hers are more collectible houses and not kid's toys though. I think both of mine are on her website. I have a Lilly and a Laurel. http://www.debsminis.com/

I have a big lazy susan for the Lilly to sit on. I haven't got it set back up yet since we moved.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:35 AM

What a creative bunch of ladies on this board..Made a doll house years ago and my only hint to you is to make sure you use elmers wood glue to glue together..you can also get scrapbook paper and make the wallpaper for the rooms.
Have fun and post a picture for us with your progress!
Old 06-19-2011, 08:11 AM

A real Victorian beauty.
J J
Old 06-19-2011, 11:44 AM

Check out miniatures.org. This is the website for the National Association of Miniature Enthusiasts (NAME). There is lots of info out there for folks like you, I've been a member of NAME for 30 years and have found it to be a wonderful hobby and I have made many dear friends around the world (Just like quilting).
Old 06-19-2011, 02:09 PM

My dgd and I are making a cape cod doll house I have made one of the bed frames out of fimo clay mattress out of foam rubber and of course made a quilt/ I will make the dresser and accessiories out of the clay also I made a flagstone patio out of clay also just rolled marbled clay out thin and after baking broke into small chunks. one floor is also made of clay to look like real marble floor as well as counter tops. one floor has a carpet made from a upholstery square we made minature pictures for the walls and small flower arangements for the window boxes these flowers were made from seed beeds. one wall is papered with scrapbooking paper. we are trying to make as much of the furnishings ourselves rather than buy them ready made. my bathtub I made an oldfashioned claw foot tub and for the sink I decided upon a vessel sink all made from clay including the faucet
When this house is done I am going to go to Miachels and buy a ready made frame house and make a christmas house for the holidays I will make it on a large board so that I can have a yard with snow trees and carolers and ect. One thing I have found a must is to put on large lazy susan for turning
Old 06-19-2011, 02:29 PM

When my oldest daughter was about 5 we bought a kit for a Colonial dollhouse that we remodeled into a Victorian style. The furniture was made from kits from a hobby store or hand made. Carpeting was velveteen or a soft corduroy glued to the floor. Hubby even put finishing touches of worn looking floor boards and porch steps, broken pieces of siding etc. to make it look lived in. She and second daughter played with it constantly. She is now 33 with a 3yr. old daughter {& two older boys}. I hope to get it refurbished for her by the time she turns 5.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:43 PM

What fun to read about all these dollhouses. It brought back so many memories of collecting treasures, decorating, and yes, playing with my dollhouse. One of our sons made a victorian dollhouse and gave it to me the Christmas of I think it was 1981 or 82. I had so much fun decorating it. Our granddaughters played with it when they were growing up. I would let them dust it with paint brushes. It now lives on the chest of drawers in our bedroom. Someday it will go to our granddaughter Elisabeth. She has requested it for her special treasure from grandma. Have fun with your dollhouse. You're making memories.