Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Missouri Star in NY!

Missouri Star in NY!

I went to a Jenny Doan Trunk Show this morning in Sherman, NY, and it was so much fun! She is an absolute riot and the nicest person! I enjoy watching her tutorials because she's just so unassuming and seems so real, but she was even more so in person. If you ever get a chance to see her, I highly recommend it.

Blog Entries
    I have been lucky enough to get to speak with her at their quilt shop. One time I asked about a pattern she had on display and she took me to the back room where they video and demo the pattern. Actually, she ended up demoing several patterns for a group of us. She is very down to earth. I'm so glad their business is successful. Good to see good things happening to good people. Also, it is wonderful for Hamilton, Missouri, the little town they are in.
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

Darn I wish I would have known she was so close. I would have made a roadtrip to go and see her!
    "I would change the world for you but I wouldn't change you for the world!"

Autism Speaks

I wish I knew about that in Sherman New York.
    Have a nice day and a safe one too!

One of these days, when I can convince DH to go with me, I want to go to Hamilton, MO. My family is in St. Louis, 4 hours away. My daughters live almost 5 hours away the opposite direction. I want to make a field trip to MSQC!!

Quote Originally Posted by EllieGirl View Post
    One of these days, when I can convince DH to go with me, I want to go to Hamilton, MO. My family is in St. Louis, 4 hours away. My daughters live almost 5 hours away the opposite direction. I want to make a field trip to MSQC!!
    Ellie Girl, I live in north Alabama and visit KY often--let's get a group together and go to Hamilton!
    ~( ) Jeri

We had Jenny at our quilt guild for a bow tie quilt demo. Her and Ron, her husband, were so sweet. She is really down to earth . A great day it was!

Quote Originally Posted by EllieGirl View Post
    She has a lovely store, got my hubby to go with me last summer.

I travel all over without DH. I have my cell, AAA, and a good car. If you can drive then get in the car and go. Life is too short not to live it.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

It is so nice to know that someone you really like in their videos is really that nice! Thanks for letting us know! I envy you getting to see her and hope she will make it down Houston-way sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by Mommomjoann View Post
    We had Jenny at our quilt guild for a bow tie quilt demo. Her and Ron, her husband, were so sweet. She is really down to earth . A great day it was!
    It was a fabulous day, Joann. We had a lot of fun with them.

I loved seeing her so much she became my avatar!
    Sew much to do in sew little time!