Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mother/Son Wedding Dance Songs

Mother/Son Wedding Dance Songs

My son is getting married August 25 and I need to pick a song to dance to. Any and all suggestions welcome. I know I'll be crying my eyes out.

Banned
    Look to the Rainbow

My son and I danced to "What a Wonderful World" sung by Louis Armstrong. 13 years later every time I hear it I get a little misty eyed.

Smile we like this one

A mothers song by: T Carter
    A mothers song is dedicated to the love and/devotion that all mothers have for their son. If you dance to this i bet there wont be a dry eye in the room. you can hear it on youtube.I dont know how to post a link sorry.But hope you like the song.

No suggestions, I just hope all goes well. Enjoy.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Liza63 View Post
    A mothers song by: T Carter
    A mothers song is dedicated to the love and/devotion that all mothers have for their son. If you dance to this i bet there wont be a dry eye in the room. you can hear it on youtube.I dont know how to post a link sorry.But hope you like the song.
    here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk6gdX1WCd8
    it was played at the wedding i attended this past weekend...so perfectly appropriate
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Oh, my goodness! All of those songs are beautiful!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Ahhh, my Son is also getting married on Sept 2nd. I was just told yesterday I have to pick a song.....so I will be watching this topic as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseyquilter View Post
    My son is getting married August 25 and I need to pick a song to dance to. Any and all suggestions welcome. I know I'll be crying my eyes out.
    SUEB

that mother's song is perfect. I have tears rolling down my face right now and ds isn't even 8 yet.
    A nature-loving soapmaking older homeschooling mom who grew up sewing over at gram's house.
    wildhavensoap.com

How about "You Are the Sunshine of My Life"?

This is the song that my son and I danced to at his wedding. It is very sweet. My brother and his wife who have THREE sons were literally in tears!! They came up to me after asking where did I find the song.

http://www.weddingvendors.com/music/...ng-for-my-son/
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

"I Hope You Dance", by LeeAnn Womack (sp?). My aunt danced to that with my cousin at his wedding and there wasn't a dry eye in the house. I personally am not a fan of the song, but I did tear up when they danced to it. I love Louis Armstrong's "What A Wonderful World". That would be a great song, too.
    "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds, or bends with the remover to remove."

Ps150, That is a beautiful song, just don't get to hear it much. I love What a Wonderful World also. Either one would be good.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    Ps150, That is a beautiful song, just don't get to hear it much. I love What a Wonderful World also. Either one would be good.
    I think my problem with the song, is that it was on the radio A LOT here when it first came out, so now when I hear it, it's still too much of an overkill. I prefer the more classic music, though.
    "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds, or bends with the remover to remove."

Blog Entries
    My son and I danced to Rascal Flatts "My Wish"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGB7IWklW3s
    I just love that song.

How about a real oldie: Que Sera, Sera or That's Amore? There wasn't any dancing at DS/DDL's wedding but if there had been a mother-son special, I'd have wanted something joyful and upbeat.....a polka, the Twist, Do You Love Me? or Walk Like a Man.

can't remember the name but there is a song from Fiddler on the Roof, "Is this the little boy I carried?" is one of the lines.

I also chose "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong. That song always makes me smile, and I was so very happy for him. A year later he is still ridiculously happy and in love.

Quote Originally Posted by nycquilter View Post
    can't remember the name but there is a song from Fiddler on the Roof, "Is this the little boy I carried?" is one of the lines.
    that one is "sunrise, sunset", and is a beautiful song--from the wedding scene in the show. lovely, lovely!
    "life is a banquet, and most poor fools are out there, starving to death!"--"auntie mame"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stitchnripper View Post
    my son and i danced to "what a wonderful world" sung by louis armstrong. 13 years later every time i hear it i get a little misty eyed.
    oh my gosh !! My son and i danced to this same song!! Yes...i get misty eyed too every time i hear it! He actually picked it out...we had a hard time deciding what song ..but this was perfect..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ps 150 View Post
    "i hope you dance", by leeann womack (sp?). My aunt danced to that with my cousin at his wedding and there wasn't a dry eye in the house. I personally am not a fan of the song, but i did tear up when they danced to it. I love louis armstrong's "what a wonderful world". That would be a great song, too.
    yes.. This is my favorite song! Like i said, we danced to "its a wonderful world"..which was perfect, but guess what?? This song had just come out and i heard it on the radio on my way home ! Geezz...

Quote Originally Posted by odysseyquilter View Post
    MY WISH by Rascal Flatts

I'm not sure I'd want to spend the entire dance crying! How about "I hope you dance" or Stevie Wonder's You are the sunshine of my life or, "I Wish You Love by Natalie Crow,---or my favorite (Have I Told you Lately That I love you.!

I'm not sure I'd want to spend the entire dance crying! You have some great suggestions---Louie Armstrong!-- but how about Stevie Wonder's"You are the sunshine of my life" or, "I Wish You Love" ,---or my favorite, "Have I Told you Lately That I love you."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast