My Birthday

Old 07-31-2011, 06:51 PM

Happy Birthday and he's a keeper.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:03 PM

Happy Birthday....You should really be proud of your husband.....my husband bought a television for the bedroom last month for my birthday....come Saturday, my birthday, he told me his college freshman son was homesick and he had forgotten some clothes, so we were going to meet him in Tulia to make him feel better.....I did get a "happy birthday" right after he informed me we were going to take clothes to the boy.......Really Really got my feelings hurt....gifts are nice, but I am a card person.....I don't just give cards, my cards have to come from my heart and it takes a lot of time to find just the "right card" for the person........Well I sulked and nursed my wounded heart, until I finally realized that I just need to lower my expectations and accept that I was being way too sensitive apparently, and my birthday was not a big deal with him, like his 19 year old son's (Biggest blowouts for gifts, etc I have ever been seen) After four years of this being how he celebrates my birthday, I realize I need to stop making such a big production of his birthday and settle down to the fact that we are "too old to celebrate birthdays". However, now that I have had my "woe is me pity party, poor taken for granted, unappreciated wife", I want you to know that I had the most warm, loving and wonderful birthday wishes I've ever received the next day on my Facebook, from classmates, friends and other family members!!! Just goes to show, God WILL meet us at our very place of Need! Ain't HE just absolutely WONDERFUL?!?!?!?!?!??