Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My husband must be getting softer in his older age! >

My husband must be getting softer in his older age!

My husband must be getting softer in his older age!

Old 12-12-2010, 03:06 PM

My prissy looked just like her. I was told she could go deaf and I started to train her to come when I motioned for her. I wouldn't have to talk to her at all. All i had to do is certain motions and she would do it.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:32 PM

My Foxy, long hair chi in avatar, sometimes hears and sometimes not. I have trained him and Bear the Pom, when I tapdance on the storm door glass with my fingernails they come running in or out. Its sets up a vibration which my vet says Foxy can feel in his body but if I call him he usually will not come. Strange but it works. Maybe tapping on a glass with a spoon, then give her a treat and she will learn to respond to this stimulant. She is just beautiful.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:36 PM
Power Poster

She is SO cute!
Old 12-12-2010, 04:20 PM

What a beauty! She looks like a Bella
Old 12-12-2010, 04:32 PM

She's a lovely little lady! Isn't it wonderful she was adopted by you! My niece adopted a deaf dalmation quite a few years ago....she had a wonderful loving life, I am so pleased that you are there for this little bundle of fluff!
Old 12-12-2010, 04:44 PM

I have heard it's quite common for white cats to be deaf. My gramma had them for years.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:17 PM

Such a touching story. :wink: Thank you so much for rescuing her. I rescued a little kitty this past summer, and everyone was absolutely sure she would never live. She was about 9 weeks old and could fit in the palm of one of my hands! She is doing wonderful, and is such a joy!! She would have died had I not brought her home. She was literally starving to death. She is still quite small, and I'm sure that she will get any larger. But that's okay. She gives her big "sister" Gracie a run for her money! Gracie is about 4-5 weeks older than Bitsy (the little one), but little Bitzer is queen of this castle!! :lol:

You will have a sweet kitty that will grow up to be one of the best furbabies you will ever have. :wink: Thank you so much for sharing her story with us.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:26 PM

What a sweetie pie! Glad she found a loving home!
Old 12-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Power Poster

Stories like yours make me so happy I want to cry tears of joy! That kitty is so precious and so are the rest of you :)
They bring far more joy than I ever imagined was possible. My DH and I laugh at how spoiled ours are but we get so much more from them.
Thanks for making my day :)
Old 12-13-2010, 05:36 AM

Oh now that is my weak spot. A white kitty. Have had several white cats. I know what you mean about a kitten that is half size of its litter mates. We rescued a tiny kitten when it was 7 or 8 weeks old and looked like she was about 3 weeks. WELL. Now she weighs 12 pounds and is just a joy to have around. We named her Bitsy. That didn't last long, but she still is called Bitsy.