Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My name is Dawn, and I am addicted to....fabric!

Quote Originally Posted by gramquilter2 View Post
    This is such a cute thread-and I to belong to the stash hoarders I try not to give out my name so no one can recognize me and slip my husband a message about the stash he thinks is for the quilt I am working on.
    You need to "train" your DH like I did mine... he thinks EVEYBODY has a whole basement full of fabric & UFO's & that it's just how it is for quilters... LOL! Keep my secret for me, OK?
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by Caswews View Post
    HAHAHA .. I agree .. when ? where ? coffee ?? do we bring our machines ? does she have enough room for all of us ? do we bring sleeping bags as well ? LOL so many questions .. LOL
    It sounds like she has enough fabric that we can just wrap up in it instead of sleeping bags... LOL!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
    Hobby Lobby had some nice fabric marked down, which was being discontinued. Need I say more?
    So you were at your dealer's, is that what you're saying? LOL!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Welcome Dawn. I have three Staple boxes full of different sampled material from all over the world plus two plastic crates and two smaller boxes. This is not counting the material by the yard, fat quarters etc I bought from Connecting Threads. I just started sewing from the sample material a table cloth for my kitchen table. Will post a picture when I'm done. Some times I don't what direction to go but, it's funnnnnnnn!!!

Quote Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
    So you were at your dealer's, is that what you're saying? LOL!
    No, no! It wasn't like that! I only stopped there, for something for DH . . . (which I almost forgot) . . . and was just passing by the fabric department and there was this beautiful fabric, about to be discontinued . . . and if I didn't get it then, it'd be gone forever . . . and it was some I'd almost bought, several times before . . . and . . . and . . . it was crying out to me, I SWEAR!!! I HAD TO SAVE IT! I NEEDED - I mean IT needed ME! Yeah, that's it! That's what happened! Then there was another piece and I couldn't very well take one and not the other . . . and . . . then there was . . . .

yes
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Hi I'm Jo Ann and a fabric hoarder. I am packing my sewing room to move and what have I done - yep bought more fabric just so I could have something pretty to look at - I am addicted too.
    Quilting makes me happy!..

No, no! It wasn't like that! I only stopped there, for something for DH . . . (which I almost forgot) . . . and was just passing by the fabric department and there was this beautiful fabric, about to be discontinued . . . and if I didn't get it then, it'd be gone forever . . . and it was some I'd almost bought, several times before . . . and . . . and . . . it was crying out to me, I SWEAR!!! I HAD TO SAVE IT! I NEEDED - I mean IT needed ME! Yeah, that's it! That's what happened! Then there was another piece and I couldn't very well take one and not the other . . . and . . . then there was . . . .

yes
    Oh, I see. No, you're right... you COULDN'T leave that other fabric behind... it would be like leaving a buddy behind & that would never do! Plus it's feelings would be hurt. So I understand completely. Of course, my sudden understanding could (just maybe) have to do with the fact that I just got my own fix... I mean placed an order for the daily deal over at MO Star. I was afraid if my credit card cooled down too much, it might never start back up again. And that's my story & yes, I plan to stick to it!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Oh, I see. No, you're right... you COULDN'T leave that other fabric behind... it would be like leaving a buddy behind & that would never do! Plus it's feelings would be hurt. So I understand completely. Of course, my sudden understanding could (just maybe) have to do with the fact that I just got my own fix... I mean placed an order for the daily deal over at MO Star. I was afraid if my credit card cooled down too much, it might never start back up again. And that's my story & yes, I plan to stick to it!
    "Daily deal" over at MO Star? Oh, that sounds very important! You're right about the credit card cool-down. Many cards will expire, if you don't use them every so-often, so it's important to keep them active, in case of emergency. You were VERY wise, to keep it active.

Now, about that daily deal . . . may have to go check out what's going on, there. Just window-shopping, of course, as I haven't yet finished washing my last fix . . . I mean rescue.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

"Daily deal" over at MO Star? Oh, that sounds very important! You're right about the credit card cool-down. Many cards will expire, if you don't use them every so-often, so it's important to keep them active, in case of emergency. You were VERY wise, to keep it active.

Now, about that daily deal . . . may have to go check out what's going on, there. Just window-shopping, of course, as I haven't yet finished washing my last fix . . . I mean rescue.
    I'm worried about one of my other credit cards going dead, too, so I may "help" it by buying today's deal, too. Hey... somebody has to do something to get this economy moving! It's my patriotic duty!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

I'm worried about one of my other credit cards going dead, too, so I may "help" it by buying today's deal, too. Hey... somebody has to do something to get this economy moving! It's my patriotic duty!
    You're saving fabric AND PEOPLE! My friend, I salute you!
    Neesie

~Richard Dawkins

Blog Entries
    Is this also where we talk about our vintage machine collection and the thread collection or are those different groups? Just wanted to say, you are not alone with your collection of fabric.
    Chris
    I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Chris, pull up a chair, and tell us all about your thread!

Well, I was naughty again today. I came across some vintage, cotton dresses. I took one look at the charming cotton print, and that was all she wrote. I get my fix just about anywhere these days!

Oh yes, fabric calls out to me for saving as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tdgiffin View Post
    Chris, pull up a chair, and tell us all about your thread!
    Do I start with my variegated collection or the solids? Smaller spools or large cones? Or do you all want to hear about my vintage thread collection in jars that I use as decorations? Just where does a girl start with the thread? Perhaps the latest obsession with Aurifil?

Quote Originally Posted by tdgiffin View Post
    Well, I was naughty again today. I came across some vintage, cotton dresses. I took one look at the charming cotton print, and that was all she wrote. I get my fix just about anywhere these days!
    I was naughty, too... "daily deal" was whispered into my ear & it went right into my little addict brain & my little fingers did the walking... oops...
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
    Do I start with my variegated collection or the solids? Smaller spools or large cones? Or do you all want to hear about my vintage thread collection in jars that I use as decorations? Just where does a girl start with the thread? Perhaps the latest obsession with Aurifil?
    Where-ever you want to start -- we're easy!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Blog Entries
    Where-ever you want to start -- we're easy!
    Rebecca, Ok. Just one more question. Is there a time limit? Chris

Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
    Rebecca, Ok. Just one more question. Is there a time limit? Chris
    I'm not Rebecca but I'm sure she'd agree with me, on this. NO time limit. Just keep the thread/fabric stories coming!
    Neesie

~Richard Dawkins

Blog Entries
    I can do that!!!

You can tell us about all of the thread you want to. That bug has not hit me yet. I am pretty much a black and white thread person unless it if for something really special. It is all the same. It is pretty and shiny, and therefore we must take it home with us like a lost puppy.....

I'm not Rebecca but I'm sure she'd agree with me, on this. NO time limit. Just keep the thread/fabric stories coming!
    Amen, sister friend! No time limit whatsoever... we've got all the time in the world when it comes to talking all things quilty!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Hello, my name is Marie. I am a fabriholic!
    Wait a second, if we join this group, does it mean that we are putting together a 12 step program to quit fabric????
    Marie

You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    A smile is something you can't give away; it always comes back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grama Lehr View Post
    Hello, my name is Marie. I am a fabriholic! Wait a second, if we join this group, does it mean that we are putting together a 12 step program to quit fabric????
    Not a chance in this world, girlfriend! We're all addicts here & fiercely proud of it! LOL! The only 12 steps we care about here are the ones that lead us into a quilt shop!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by Grama Lehr View Post
    Hello, my name is Marie. I am a fabriholic!
    Wait a second, if we join this group, does it mean that we are putting together a 12 step program to quit fabric????
    No way! This is a support group! We support your fabric addiction!
    Neesie

~Richard Dawkins

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast