My New Years Resolution

Old 01-05-2014, 06:19 AM

Default My New Years Resolution

It has taken me several days to think of something that I would enjoy doing differently and could stick to and besides portion control, I am going to take the time to comment on all of your beautiful quilts you post. I always enjoy looking at them but rarely post so fellow quilters, my New Years resolution is to take the time to acknowledge all your hard work. I admire your willingness to share with everyone. I make many quilts but they aren't "perfect" so I feel intimidated to show them. Maybe next years resolution!
Old 01-05-2014, 08:44 AM
Power Poster

our members have all levels of quilting. yes, many of the gorgeous/show quality quilts are posted and draw the most attention. but, personally, i love looking at the simpler/beginner quilts just as much. i can 'feel' the effort that went into them. i hope that you start posting yours, as well. please don't be shy... we were all beginners at one time.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:10 AM

I've been posting since i started quilting. I am still a rank beginner, but the encouragement I get from everyone here makes it easier for me to continue learning to quilt. So, post your pics, we would love to see them.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
our members have all levels of quilting. yes, many of the gorgeous/show quality quilts are posted and draw the most attention. but, personally, i love looking at the simpler/beginner quilts just as much. i can 'feel' the effort that went into them. i hope that you start posting yours, as well. please don't be shy... we were all beginners at one time.
Everything she said. She is exactly right!
Old 01-06-2014, 03:17 PM

I agree with QuiltnNan, that the higher level quilts are beautiful and enjoyed like a piece of art. But I also like to see the other quilts that encourage and inspire me to try new patterns and techniques. I hope all of you will continue to share your quilts and discuss the pros and cons of your experiences. Thanks to all of you.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:41 PM

Sometimes I am intimidated by the quality and workmanship that goes into many of the higher level quilts, but then I am inspired to try harder to do better at my work.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:49 PM

If it were not for all the encouragement I get here, I would still be making only nine patch quilts with the first pattern I bought. (I made 9 of them.) Now, I am designing, planning and making my own quilts. All of you should take a bow for keeping this the most positive group I have ever had the pleasure of being involved with. Thank you all so much.