Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My ship has come in!!! Mr. John says so >

My ship has come in!!! Mr. John says so

My ship has come in!!! Mr. John says so

Old 05-09-2013, 05:28 AM

My favorite from a few years ago was the memo from the office of "her Majasty queen Elizbeth". . . Spelling and capitalization as shown. . .
The rest of the memo was of equal or less value. Lol!
By the way this was in my email at the office of a small town Texas business.
At least they weren't offering to buy 10,000 HP toner cartridges to be shipped to Florida. That was the other scam going around at the time.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:44 AM

The sad part is that there are actually poor souls out there that fall for this and other scams. We need to make sure everyone knows not to give any information out. The one I have been getting lately looks like a request from AT&T for information to update your email account. It really looked like something official. I called AT&T, SCAM!!!!!!! Argh. As if life isn't tough enough, we have to deal with A$$paoles. Pardon!!
Old 05-09-2013, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by omacookie View Post
Dream on girls. Don't fall for that old trick. It is a scam !!!!Hugs
We all know it's a scam. We are just having a good laugh about it.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:51 AM
Power Poster

I would know before I read the whole thing it is a scam. News sources need to put the scams out every so often to educate people of the scams. Easier to try and scam people than to get a job. Many losers out there.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
I would know before I read the whole thing it is a scam. News sources need to put the scams out every so often to educate people of the scams. Easier to try and scam people than to get a job. Many losers out there.
This is very true.
It's just not email scams or letters in the mail that lure people to lose their life savings.

I have read of family members scamming each other. Look at those who take advantage of their elderly relatives to get their Social Security monies.

Scams have been going on for hundreds of years and will continue to go on. We can't save them all from being scammed, but we can start here at least.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:02 AM

Mr and Mrs Harting only put $1.5m in mine...
Old 05-10-2013, 05:12 AM

Haven't had that scam yet, but yesterday while at my Mom's house, a call came in asking if my dad was there. I said, "I don't think so." (He's died in 2009, but I didn't tell the caller that.) Well, this is (insert a power company name) and can you make decisions on this account? Well, yes I can. Back to the caller...well, I have some benefits to tell you about...what is your name? So I asked what the benefits were, and he wouldn't tell me until I gave my name. NO WAY! The caller had an obvious accent...just how stupid do they think we are? Be careful, folks!
Old 05-10-2013, 05:50 AM
Power Poster

I've gotten the same email and replied. Not my fault you forked out all that money for delivering fees for the ATM. I don't have a card. Sucker! You have been referred to my file 13. I checked my email and saw the same. Most of the time I just chunk this crap. Sometimes you need to be careful, they've been known to have viruses attached as soon as you open. If I don't know them, they go to spam./file 13.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:03 AM

Don't click on any email with attachment (the paper clip symbol) unless you know who it is from and are expecting it.

And don't answer any of the spam emails, then they know your address is a good one and they will sell it to all their friends.

If you sell anything on Craigslist, beware the answers that ask "Is this still available?" without saying what it is. They, too, are collecting email addresses to add to their lists. I always disable email answers on CL, if they really want it, they can call my (anonymous) Google Voice phone number.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by PurplePassion View Post
I have been getting a few like that too. Do we have to share the money , or do we each get it?
Well The ''FBI'' caught the guy who tried to steal mine and all I have to do is go to my nearest International Airport to collect it. And to please bring proper I.D. and a friend or family member for it would be unsafe for me to carry all that cash alone. Seriously couldn't they just mail me a check ?? I have no idea where my closest Int. Airport is--these things are so darn funny.