Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My test purse

Its beautiful!! You did an amazing job. Was it really easy???

Looks like my kind of bags! That's very adorable!
    take plenty of pic of family & friends, keep tabs on loved ones but make time for yourself !

Quote Originally Posted by CarolynMT View Post
    I found a free pattern online for Amy Butler's Blossom Bag. I adored it. I want to make one using a pretty brocade that I found in teal with gold paisleys on it, but before I do that I wanted to make sure that I could do the pattern. So I picked up some decorator fabric (similar to outdoor fabric) and whipped it up. It was a little tough at times but I got it working. It looks sooo cute! Have a feeling there will be some nice purses for Christmas presents this year

Attachment 479975

Attachment 479976
    This is a wonderful looking purse, and I really like the insides. It will give me a chance to try out a pattern without a ten dollar investment first. Then I may take a look at the book mentioned by Amy Butler.

The trouble you had, was that with the layers? It seems that is where I end up having problems when you have home décor fabric layered with stabilizers.

I love that bag, it is beautiful. I can't wait to make one. Thank you NanaCsews2 for the pattern.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful job! Love it!

That is a nice bag -- love all the pockets inside. I also like the outside flap. Usually they are way too big but this one just closes the purse nicely. Thanks for the link!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2