Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need APO address for leftover Halloween candy!

Blog Entries

Need APO address for leftover Halloween candy!

I have some nice shippable mostly chocolates (Snickers, Hersheys, Milky Way, Skittles, etc.) that I woulld love to ship to a deployed soldier. The first person to PM me a good APO sends their son/daughter, husband/wife, brother/sister, etc. a BIG box of goodies that will assure their popularity for several days. NO CHARGE involved. I am happy to pay for the shipping to get this gone. The temptation is TOO MUCH! The box is already sealed so I will let you know when it ships so you can send a heads up!
    yourfavoritelibrarian
    Holli
    Your Favorite (Retired) School Librarian

Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, For I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true.

Blog Entries
    what a generous idea! good for you
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

I had an unopened bag of Pepperidge Farm Goldfish, 35 individual bags inside, and took them to church and left them in the basket for the local food bank.

I don't know if it still applies but during the worst of the Iraq war, most service members were told to not open packages from people they did not know. I would put the name of the person who gives you the address on the return label with a note inside explaining.
    Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.

Blog Entries
    I have located a recipient! Typically I ship homemade fudge (18-20 pounds in three flavors) and have shipped 1060 pounds so far. I always have the person who shares the address notify their relative that fudge is on it's way from me. I don't know any of these brave soldiers but it's a small enough gesture to let them know they are appreciated. You would not believe the amazing thank you notes, emails, facebook friends, etc. that have responded. It really is humbling to know that we have such fine people serving our great country.
    Holli
    Your Favorite (Retired) School Librarian

Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, For I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true.

Operation Gratitude has an address to send your leftovers too as well. https://opgrat.wordpress.com/2013/07...or-the-troops/
    I promise not to buy any more fabric until I see something I really like. Or it's on sale. Or I think it might match something.

Such a nice thing to do. Someone is going to love getting your package.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    So "Sweet" of you!!

One more, there are MANY soldier support groups, see if you have one locally and save shipping. In Phoenix, we have "Packages From Home" if anyone from here wants to donate. Many VFW's and that type of veterans organization collect for the troops and that would also be local. There are many opportunities to support the troops.
    Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.