Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Need serious kitty litter help >

Need serious kitty litter help

Need serious kitty litter help

Old 11-04-2010, 11:00 AM

I use Arm & Hammer scoop
Old 11-04-2010, 07:27 PM

There's a new litter out that is made from corn. I haven't tried it but it is supposed to be really good for odors. I'll see if I can find the name of it.

You might want to talk to your vet. This may not be a litter problem but a kitty problem. I have two indoor cats and one needs an enzyme additive for the food (both cats eat the same food!). Otherwise, I could box her up, send her to the military to be the new secret bio-weapon. We call her a Sassy bomb. Very hush hush. :-)
Old 11-04-2010, 07:42 PM

I never had a house cat, but I had a miniature rex bunny rabbit and he was potty trained with kitty litter. I always used "First Step", I think that was the name of it. It was a blue bag, but the one I used was not the crystallized kind. My bunny never liked that crystallized stuff. And I did try a cheaper clay like brand, never work for bunny. He kept sneezing! Now my bunny is in Bunny Heaven! Past away a year ago! Miss him! He thought he was a puppy dog!
Old 11-04-2010, 07:52 PM

Arm and Hammer
Old 11-04-2010, 08:10 PM

I use Pro-Pet Fresh Results which I have only found at Wal-Mart. It is made with ground corn cobs and has a pine scent. It is much lighter than clay litters but clumps just as well. It's all natural, low dust, safe, and completely biodegradable. I won't use anything else. Give it a try and I think you will like it.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltaddict
I use Pro-Pet Fresh Results which I have only found at Wal-Mart. It is made with ground corn cobs and has a pine scent. It is much lighter than clay litters but clumps just as well. It's all natural, low dust, safe, and completely biodegradable. I won't use anything else. Give it a try and I think you will like it.
That's the stuff I was thinking about. I might give this stuff a try.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:16 AM

I have to agree with kwhite. I had a foster kitty who had the foulest smelling poo. Even when she went poo in the third floor litter box we could smell it on the bottom floor. There was nothing wrong with her physically. But I gave her some supplement and that helped a lot. I don't remember the name, but I got it at PetSmart. You may want to google "Smelly cat poo" or something like that.

Her poo smelled so bad that I considered adding on a "poo room" where she would have to go through a kitty door to the outside and go in a covered caged area outside! Luckily she got adopted :)
Old 10-18-2011, 04:03 PM
Power Poster

World's Best Cat Litter is made from corn
It is low on dust
NO CHEMICALS to harm you or your cat
scoops and flushes
it is expensive at first glance but it absorbs well and you don't use as much
you may save some in vet bills in the long run - less chemical exposure - less ut problems
you don't have to change out the pan as often The clumps stay toward the top of the pan
Some of the chemical cat litters can be somewhat addictive to the cat - none of the natural litters are

You may need to check the cat's diet if the pee is smelling bad - a lot of the cat food is corn based - do a little research and pay a little more for the food and you will have a healthier cat
Old 10-18-2011, 06:30 PM

Fresh Step works best for our home. Smells good !
Old 10-18-2011, 06:37 PM

Just switched to "World's Best Cat Litter" after checking in on my DD's cat while she was away. When I was cleaning the litter box, I noted no odor, and no messy litter getting on the floor and turning into cement or tracked through the house. It is kinda expensive, but is made from corn, and even with 3 cats, there is no odor.