Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: NEED SOME INSPIRATION??

Watch this video AFTER you read this:

This is absolutely amazing.

HORSE WHISPERER!!! READ THIS FIRST, THEN WATCH!!!

SEE THE POWER A GENTLE TOUCH CAN HAVE!!!

The girl riding the horse is a deaf mute...she can't hear, nor can she speak. No bridle, no saddle...all commands are by touch only. This is one of those, "I wouldn't believe it unless I saw it with my own eyes" kind of thing. This girl is in her 20's - her father passed away just 24 days before this performance. You can hear her dedication to him just before her performance so turn up your speakers a bit.

Notice that it is just she and the horse---no bit, no saddle. She uses signals and touch cues, she's mute. Oh yes, this isn't even her horse. She is training it for someone else, although she obviously has a good relationship.

Blog Entries
    I cant get it to download :( it sounds amazing though

Shoot, sorry about that. I will try a different way later.

Quote Originally Posted by woody
    I cant get it to download :( it sounds amazing though

Blog Entries
    Can you post a link? Is it on YouTube?

I remember reading that Karl Urban, who played Eomer in Lord of the Rings, took lots of riding lessons so he could learn to direct his horse with his knees.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    Wow, thanks :)

Blog Entries
    WOW!! Amazing woman (and horse!)

That was fantastic!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaCsews2
    If this is the same girl, Nana, I don't see or are we told that she is deaf and mute. Maybe this is a different one? It is an impressive performance whatever!

Blog Entries
    [quote=Kitsie]
    I don't see or are we told that she is deaf and mute.
    I don't think she is. I found her blog (http://stacywestfallhorseblog.com/) and nowhere does it say she's deaf or mute. Very impressive nonetheless! I think because of the noise of the crowd and the music that she would almost HAVE to communicate with the horse through body signals.

incredible!! thanks for sharing that

Not true. She sure was talking on the Ellen show. Find it on youtube. She is, however an amazing horsewoman!!
    Quote Originally Posted by suebee

The girl riding the horse is a deaf mute...she can't hear, nor can she speak. No bridle, no saddle...all commands are by touch only. This is one of those, "I wouldn't believe it unless I saw it with my own eyes" kind of thing. This girl is in her 20's - her father passed away just 24 days before this performance. You can hear her dedication to him just before her performance so turn up your speakers a bit.

Notice that it is just she and the horse---no bit, no saddle. She uses signals and touch cues, she's mute. Oh yes, this isn't even her horse. She is training it for someone else, although she obviously has a good relationship.

YES, THATS IT!! You are so smart. Thank you!!!

Bummer, thats a let down. Why do people make up stories like that? I wont ever post anything like it again. I dont have time to check everything before I post, so best not to post at all.

Quote Originally Posted by sherylb
    Not true. She sure was talking on the Ellen show. Find it on youtube. She is, however an amazing horsewoman!!

Don't be so hard on yourself! She is still awesome to watch and I would not have seen it if you hadn't posted.
    Bummer, thats a let down. Why do people make up stories like that? I wont ever post anything like it again. I dont have time to check everything before I post, so best not to post at all.

Quote Originally Posted by sherylb

:) :D :-)