Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Netflix?

I quit Netflix about 3 years ago because I was watched out of all the movies I wanted to watch. They certainly have cut down on the number of movies now available. Thinking of testing out Amazon Prime.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Blog Entries
    I don't have Netflix either. I have Amazon Prime, which I love and watch on my PC or iPad.
    Also, check out your public library to see if they offer Hoopla. You can download 8 movies a month for free if you have a library card. I watch these movies on my PC or iPad.
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mike'sgirl View Post
    I have a question those with Netflix might be able to answer. We have direct tv and still have some time on our contract. I want to cancel it and get Netflix but my dh is concerned about sports channels. He loves his football. Will be still be able to get it or is it just for watch tv and movies? Thanks, Gina
    I'm a bottom of the pack techno peasant, but my husband is the IT guy. We have a "box" the size of a deck of cards and through the wifi on the main computer in the house he can select a "remote" IP address and watch any sport, anywhere. The same hold for all mainstream television series. No commercials, and 5000 channels.
    We dropped our cable for a lot of the same reasons but even though we don't pay other than wifi changes etc, there is still very little quality material out there. If we watch more than 1.5 hours in the evening, (no commericals) its a rare event. Great to catch up on some of the series we used to follow.
    marykayhopkins123.blogspot.com

I have had Netflix with a Roku box for years & love it. That is all we have. Just not interested in the crap that is on regular TV. Once we have watched all that is listed, I go online & change for new ones. Can also punch in a title with the remote to find different movies. We can watch several of the family series that we watched as kids. We can get just about anything we want.

Blog Entries
    DD1, DD2, and DH and I are all on a Netflix family plan, in each of our homes. Costs us about $13 per month doing it this way, so it is cheaper for all of us.
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

Blog Entries
    I've never had cable. My TV isn't smart, but I rarely turn it on. I use Amazon Prime and watch on my Kindle Fire with headphones; my husband uses Prime on his desktop PC. Plenty of shows to watch (in my opinion) and the free two-day shipping is wonderful for us.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com/

I cancelled cable and watch Netflix. I also have an apple TV - use it to watch PBS online. It's a lot cheaper than what I was paying a month for cable!! I don't miss TV/Cable at all! There were lots of channels and nothing worth watching most of the time.
    Debbie in Kentucky
    kydeb.wordpress.com

I've had Netflix off and on for quite awhile. Recently cancelled the dvd and went to streaming. Hadn't watched much UNTIL the series with Lily tomlin and Jane Fonda came on last week. Did my first binge watching-13 half-hour episodes in 2 evenings. I really enjoyed it....it's prob not for everyone with the story line but I love those two, esp together. Great cast, Martin Sheen and Sam Waterson. And I've put so many on my list there's lots to watch now!

Blog Entries
    you're not the last, I don't have it and i'm in an 886 unit condo. we don't have it and probably not get it.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2