Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Year; NEW life!!!!

Well I am at almost 6 months out(Cathy's day of leaving) now. And I have to say that as much as this Past Christmas and New Years and Thanksgiving seriously was not FUN! It was also a very interesting time as well.......it seems that I am in a new relationship with a widow from the website I joined back a few months ago. HA HA HA

Her name is Jill and she is as much like Cathy as she is different and her own unique person! Which I really like!! Do not want another Cathy!!! EVER! Not fair to either of them. While she can suture a wound closed, she is not a sewer in any way or shape! HA HA! She and Cathy would have been good friends I believe.

Jill is about 14 months out, from loosing her second husband to a cardiac failure from an aneurisym(sp??) repair that introduced a bacteria into his blood stream and a week later stopped his heart.

She has one little boy about about Adrian's age so they are somewhat good together! HA HA HA!!! Fight over the DAMN COMPUTER THOUGH!!! HA HA! She is also an animal doc.(vet.) and works in Des Moines, Iowa. And is EXACTLY TO THE DAY FOLKS! Two years older than me! Strange right there,

But we met through trying to set up a state/regional meeting for those of us on the website and it strangely took a different turn...and we met the first weekend of Dec. and when I looked into her eyes....I knew it was going to be something that would last a very long time! We have been together pretty much every weekend since! Either at her place in Central Iowa or here at the apartment in CB.

I knew this would come, and so far EVERYONE that matters to me at this point in life has been pretty supportive and this is good because I was very worried about her mom viewing this as me not "grieving long enough" and "forgetting Cathy" which I told her and everyone else...this would never happen!!!!!!

And as the Good Lord is my witness so long as I am able to remember things: Cathy will ALWAYS have a room at the inn in my heart! After all I am who I am today(which I question some days!) thanks to alot of Cathy's influence on me.

She truly did teach me so much! She made me BETTER! for the next gal I was to be with and also would be a mom to Adrian. And they get along very well by the way. A must of course. Adrian does still talk about Cathy and asks to go to her "new place" for a visit every now and then. Which I take him of course. He had to buy her a Christmas present this year and he made sure that we took it to her(have those pictures up on my FB account.) And we had a "nice" time delivering "Mommie's Present" as much as it hurt us to do this. I so hate going to a gravesite to give her things on important dates!

Again I hope that each and everyone of you here on the board has had a really great end of year and that you will have a very memorable and easy 2011!

Thanks again ya' all! Out of the ALL the groups I belong to Save for one man and his wife whom I have never met! This BBS and it members are the ONLY ONES TO DO ANYTHING TO MAKE US FEEL LIKE WE MEANT SOMETHING!!!!

It was so nice to see Cathy's face light up when she got her "gifts" from all of you on here, and if ever, and I mean this!

Any of you need something that I might be able to assist you with....ask me! I can be found through a few folks on here! USE them to find me! Short of a misdemeanor...I would do about anything to help one of you out of a rough spot if I was able too!!!

Be at peace in Word and Deed!
    Arron (Cathy's Progressing first husband forever!)

Arron, I think this is wonderful news and I truly believe Cathy is happy that you and Adrian have found somebody. Blessings in 2011.

Oh
    Arron such wonderful news, I am sure Cathy would want you to move on and Adrian needs a mommy at this stage in his life. Sure hope things work out for you and have a great new year! Of course you will never forget her nor will Adrian but moving on is a good thing.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Arron that is wonderful news. Cathy would have wanted you to move on. I can just imagine how hard it was over the holidays for you and Adrian but it will get easier. May you have a wonderful life with Jill. Thank you for keeping us posted on how things are going for you 2.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Happy New year to you and Adrian. And what a way to start a new year. Glad to hear of the good turn in your life.

May God bless you and Jill and Adrian this new year.

Stop in from time to time and stay in touch. Jill may not quilt, but we can teach her! LOLL

That is wonderful news! I doubt if anyone would deny you the right to go on with your life. Take things slow and be sure. The priority has to be your son first then you. I'm sure you already do that. Be happy!!! That's is what Cathy would want for you both. :thumbup: :D

I am very happy for you Arron. In this year of new beginnings I wish you much happiness!

Wonderful news!! I am very happy for you Arron and for Adiran. I pray this year truly is a year of new and wonderful beginnings!

Wonderful to hear from you and that you are going forward with your life for yourself and Adrian. Just take your time and get to know her and enjoy your time together. I'm happy for you both.

wishing you Gods blessing in all you do.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Arron that is wonderful news. Cathy would have wanted you to move on. I can just imagine how hard it was over the holidays for you and Adrian but it will get easier. May you have a wonderful life with Jill. Thank you for keeping us posted on how things are going for you 2.
    I totally agree with CJ. This is wonderful news and Cathy definitely would want you to move forward. Holidays are going to be tough, maybe forever. Thank you so much for sharing this with us and take good care of Jill and Adrian. :)

I am so happy for you. You and Adrian will always be in my prayers!! Congrats on your new life journey.

Blog Entries
    Cathy definitely would want you to move forward. I am very happy for you Arron and for Adiran

I am happy for you and Adrian and wish you all the very best in 2011.

KLO
    Blog Entries
    I don't know you or Cathy but if she loved you as you indicate, I am sure she would want you to "live" .... as you would have wanted her to do if the roles were reversed!!!! Seems to me that people who have/had good marriages find it easier to move on to someone else while those that had not so good relationships and lose their partner, tend to stay single. I don't know if this is statistically true but it's just an observation on my part. People who were once happy are willing to share themselves again. Maybe true, maybe not! Good luck to you and may you find continued happiness! Life is too short as it is .... as you well know.

Blog Entries
    God bless you and may your future be bright and Happy!!!

I am so happy for you and Adrian. It is so hard when you lose someone, but to find another that you can be happy with is so special. Best wishes in the new year. :)

I am so thrilled for you!!! I was widowed in 2001 at 51 yrs of age. 2 yrs later I met my DH and YES, you CAN tell by the first look!!!! When you're with a spouse that is of ill health (dying) then you have already been grieving -- way before they actually died. May you find continued happiness and may your relationship be as good as mine is.... :mrgreen:

on edit: A dear little lady reminded me that in this day and age, we know and talk to the "date" a LOT more than she did in her day. When she was dating her DH, they saw each other for 3 hours every Friday -- did not have phones to talk in between, and were engaged in 6 months, married at 8 months. Been married almost 60 yrs now!!!! Yes, we talked a LOT more than they did!

Blog Entries
    Arron - there is no set time for grieving so don't let anyone tell you what you should or should not be doing or feeling - only you know that {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} we love to hear from you and know how things are progressing for you and Adrian . Please keep us posted

So pleased to hear that things are going well...as a wife and mother it made me happy to read your post. Life goes on, you don't forget those who have gone, but love and laughter are as important to life as breathing. It is a great tribute to Cathy and your marriage with her, that you and Adrian are able to be open to new and happy associations. Wishing you both, love, light and peace from the land of Aus.

I am so glad that you are at the point where you can get on with your life. And doubly glad that you have found such a nice lady. I'm also glad that your son and she are friends. Take care my friend and have a wonderful life.

From another who lost their spouse last year.

I am really Happy for you!

sometimes its best just to jump in!Wait too long and too many things get in the way! A life time ago my widowed mother met someone, but thought it was too soon!She had asked me what I thought.... My thought was & is "THE REST OF YOUR LIFE IS A LONG TIME TO BE ALONE" She didn't take the chance, so she was married 20yrs and has been a widow 43- go for it!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Arron, I know from experience (my DH's soul was set free almost 4 years ago) that the pain will pass in it's own time. Only you can tell how long that will be. The pain will pass but you will always have her in your heart, and that part will allow you to share your love again. We are made to live and care for others and are happier doing that than living alone.
    Good luck to you and your loving son and whomever fits into your life and hearts.

Great to hear that you are moving foward with your life. Wish Jill, Adrian and yourself all the very best.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast