Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Year's Resolutions

Blog Entries
    Put myself first.

I will be living on my own as of January 3rd and I realized last week that in every way I have put others ahead of me.

From little things like not serving sea food (except for pizza toppings), because I was the only one who liked it, to not choosing which radio station to listen to in the car if I had a passenger.

I will not 'justify' spending money on myself. As long as I am within my budget I will spend as I please on what I want. I am working out how much I can spend on a trip for my 50th birthday in 2016. Once I have that worked out, I will decide where to go.
    Attending University. I will graduate a year after my son and year before my daughter.

I have been trying to do this for the last few months, Tothill & it feels pretty good. I hope to save some $$ to travel back to MI to visit family again. Just need to stay out of the online shops & I will be more successful.

I don't make them anymore either.

I resolve not to write 2015 for the year anymore. I usually meet this goal before the next new year.

Where are are all these years going anyway? It seems like it was just a few years ago that we were all worried about what the computers were going to do to us at the turn of the century.

Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    I want to choose the best piece of steak off the grill, not think well my DH or my DD will like that one. I want to drink the last of the milk and not think I better save that for someone else. If I want the last cookie, the last ice cream sandwich, the last buttered roll, I will take it with no guilt feeling at all.
    That's the mom gene in us....at least older of us...I have seen " new" moms reach first and take ...heck with everyone else!

Blog Entries
    I am of course going to try to lose weight. There is a weight loss thread on the board where the winner gets FQ. I have been running it for a couple of years. It has been running for a long time before that. I will post the thread for January shortly.
    I am also going to try to spend more "me" time this year. I have several quilt projects that keep getting put aside for others. They are moving to the top of my list for this year. I have decided that my DH is a big boy and can take care of himself and can do more things for himself instead of me doing it all. I will go to the gym when I want to go, not schedule it around DH. I also plan to try to work mostly from my stash again this year. If this sounds selfish i am sorry.
    I have several charity projects I plan on doing also. I try to make a couple of QOV a year and make several quilts for the local pregnancy center.

I made a New Years resolution many years ago to never make any more resolutions. It's the only one I ever kept. ;-)

I am going to live a bit healthier. We do okay now but I know we can do better. We recently joined a fitness center and bought new workout clothes and shoes. We've been going 3 or 4 times a week and can see a difference. I AM NOT buying fabric. I could make a quilt each month for years and not use up my stash. We recently replaced carpet with wood flooring which I love. However that involved emptying all the closets including the sewing room and I was horrified. No more until I use a lot of my stash!!!

I always get excited about the new year and think about what I'd like to do. I plan on having an optimistic outlook on life, to replace negative thoughts with gratitude and enjoy life. And if I can do that just part of the time, I will be happy.

Lived in Boston during the 'Big Dig' my inspiration for the year of the 'Big Quilt'. I have a tendency to over-volunteer, so much so, friends are always asking me what is your next project? Have the stash, have the time -- why not? If I stay home and quilt it should be easy to save up the money to go to "Road to California 2017' -- it's on my bucket list. You know, that list that always keeps getting longer and the amount of time to get it done gets shorter. So my goal is to quilt every day. If I quilt enough I'll fall out of contention in the she/he who dies with the biggest stash wins.
    Whoo-hoo that's a three-fer.

I really had to think hard on this before replying. I am going to push myself with learning some quilting techniques that seem to hard for me and I've been reluctant to try.

Blog Entries
    I want to get things done ahead of time so I can enjoy other things.
    I'm already half done with next Christmas things, done with St.Pats, and working on Easter.
    And not worry that it's taking me so long to finish something.
    And someone said to me to make myself my favorite charity this year. I think I'll do that one.
    Take one year off from charity work. Costs me a fortune. Mail is costing an arm and a leg now.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Blog Entries
    Here is mine and it will be for the rest of forever! Happy new year everyone.

Name:  DSC06322.JPG
Views: 139
Size:  232.2 KB
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Love it onebyone.

a good one from grandma.

For my New Year's Resolution I will:
    -get below 150lbs this year. (Last year's resolution was to get below 160 and I did it. I started losing 4 years ago at 212lbs.)
    -to learn to use all the functions on my new sewing machine, not just the few that I use all the time.
    -to ride my horse more.

Those are all things I have control over, so I should be able to do them!
    Watson

I don't really do resolutions. But a friend and I started walking every evening back in September. We got up to 4 miles when the time changed on us and we had to cut back to 3 miles due to it getting dark on us. The past few weeks we haven't been able to walk so I want to get back on schedule and try to get back up to the 4 miles. My weight goal is to not gain any weight and hopefully loose a few pounds. I've already bought my Mother of the Groom dress and I can't let it out.
    Sharyl

My New Year's resolution? Not to make a New Year's resolution!
    Anita

The only place that housework comes before quilting is in the dictionary.

I have been thinking about this thread since first posted and just wanted to share some observations. In the past, I made resolutions, thinking only of the What of the thing. For example, I want to finish some UFOs. I never went on to answer the How and When questions that naturally have to arise, to accomplish anything! So, one of my resolutions is to get my UFOs under control (what) by making a prioritized list of them, (ouch!), joining the UFO Challenge group on this board, and forgiving myself for having them in the first place (how). I will commit to working on them at least 15 minutes a day, for five days in the week (when). Maybe by taking these extra steps, I will get more done. We'll see!

Blog Entries
    Complain less about my aches and pains!

Have friends over for dinner more often.
    Valerie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2