Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Year's Resolutions

New Year's Resolutions

I plan to lose weight, exercise, have more fun, etc., and just generally live a healthier lifestyle. I will make an effort to think before I speak from now on. I plan to be more charitable with my time and resources this year. And I plan to complete a quilt that I have been procrastinating with.

What will your resolutions be?

It seems that each year I make basically the same resolutions that Sewing Sew has listed. And by the time New Year's Day 2017 rolls around I will be making the same one again. Is it human nature, or am I weak? I
    One step at a time, always forward.

Gail, I've heard before that instead of saying "I might" or "I plan to," we should say "I will," because saying "I will" is making a commitment. Making yourself accountable to someone is also helpful in following through.

To add to my resolution list; I will be more self-disciplined this year. LOL. It's hard to follow through, isn't it? I have trouble with the same thing!

My goal for next year is to finish more UFOs and consume some of the fabrics I already have on hand Getting into better shape is a plan by I am not too good at sticking to that one 😛

I just don't make them anymore because I end up breaking them. Good Luck with sticking with you long list of resolutions.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

I want to choose the best piece of steak off the grill, not think well my DH or my DD will like that one. I want to drink the last of the milk and not think I better save that for someone else. If I want the last cookie, the last ice cream sandwich, the last buttered roll, I will take it with no guilt feeling at all.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

OneNote, you deserve it! I love your resolution.

Oneybone, I did not call you OneNote; my Kindle did. Until I changed a setting, the Kindle tried to call you Honeybone! LOL

My New Year's resolution is to declutter. Ack! the clutter in my house is driving me batty and that chaos affects me. So time to clear it out. I'm also going to meditate daily. I feel better when I do and for the past few months, I haven't been doing it and I notice the difference. Time to take those few minutes a day to decompress and still my thoughts.

I'm getting on the weight loss bus again. It involves writing down every single thing I eat with the calories. It always works - I just need to stick to it after the weight is gone. And I plan to start cleaning out closets and cupboards.
    Lori

To have more fun. To move more. To worry less. To enjoy every minute of every day.
    "Accomplishment is a consequence of effort" -- Michael Crichton

Blog Entries
    I'm with Manicquilter2 i would never be able to keep them. My resolution is not to make any resolutions.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gramma nancy View Post
    To have more fun. To move more. To worry less. To enjoy every minute of every day.
    OMG! I want to do that! This is definitely my resolution list for 2016. It will be difficult but I plan to post this list on my fridge in BIG letters and read it every morning.
    Thanks for posting.
    ranger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Life...you muddle your way through it and then you die!

Blog Entries
    Same here, but I do like gramma nancys post. Think I'll copy that down and paste it in several places

I think I want to be Gramma Nancy when I grow up. At the very least I'm 'borrowing' her New Year's resolutions!

Quilting is my vice

Live well, laugh often, love much

I know this sounds harsh but I am going to quit volunteering, my volunteering somehow has turned into a full time job. I have not been able to sew or quilt for myself in over 2 years. I have been missing out on a lot of fun with my friends and family because I'm always volunteering. So I am taking gramma Nancy's post and adding "just say no" to it and pinning it on the wall by my desk.

Since I always break my New Year's resolutions - this year I plan to eat all the junk food I want; never do housework; refuse to exercise; give nothing to charity;

Blog Entries
    I don't make them cause don't keep them, just hope to lose 30 lbs been wanting and ahem, trying haha to lose for past few years!!

Blog Entries
    As a kid I spent a lot of time with my Gramma. I was almost 13 and I asked her what NYR's she was going to make and she said they were nonsense that we should live each day as it comes with an open loving heart.With this you can accomplish so much more for yourself and all those you encounter. We don't know what each new will bring our way

Personally, I don't believe in them. I try to make and maintain goals yearlong.

Quote Originally Posted by rjwilder View Post
    I know this sounds harsh but I am going to quit volunteering, my volunteering somehow has turned into a full time job. I have not been able to sew or quilt for myself in over 2 years. I have been missing out on a lot of fun with my friends and family because I'm always volunteering. So I am taking gramma Nancy's post and adding "just say no" to it and pinning it on the wall by my desk.
    I did that several years ago. I dropped out of many community groups. I love to volunteer but when it turns into nothing but free labor then it's time to stop.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Not to gain all the weight back that I lost in 2015. Best wishes on your goal of a healthy life style.
    Anna Quilts

ro
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    none for me. I make them and don't stick to them. so why lie to myself.

Blog Entries
    I usually don't make resolutions. Realistically if I want to do something, I'll do it. Then reward myself with a trip to a fav LQS!!! If I don't want to do it...and it smells like chocolate...and it's in my home, I'll probably end up eating it or tell my DS that it's here!
    Go forth and sew!

Trying to walk for 1/2 hour 3 times a week. That is it. Not a huge goal and I know how much better I feel when I actually do it. And I am a whole lot better at it when DH is working away from home because I get really annoyed when I am trying to be healthy and he is sitting on his backside. Plus he goes on Weight watchers and loses a pile in a month without exercise. I---don't.
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down the their level and beat you with experience.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast