Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Newbie quilting board question >

Newbie quilting board question

Newbie quilting board question

Old 12-27-2010, 07:00 PM
Power Poster

I posted pictures of my quilts, and <blush> received some wonderful comments. In addition, there were some questions posted. What is the best way to reply? I just created an additional post with the answer, but I asked a question on another post and the author send me a pm. Is there a standard on this board? This was in the pictures section. I know different boards have different etiquette and would like to follow the standard if there is one...
Old 12-27-2010, 07:04 PM

I've only been visiting this board since June, so I could be wrong, but I just post my answers to any questions on the same thread. When I read a post, I tend to read everything, so when a question is posted, I want to know what the answers are. That's why I do it this way. Just makes sense to me. But I didn't have the sense to ask if there's a protocol. Thanks for asking the obvious question!
Old 12-27-2010, 07:05 PM

Yeah, I'd like to know too. I'm new to this board, but on other boards I belong to, if someone asks a question in a thread, that's where I answer it.

If they send me a PM, I'll answer it there.

:)
Old 12-27-2010, 07:10 PM

I don't think there's a protocol. If I start a new thread to answer questions, someone eventually PMs me and asks why I don't answer. When I've had specific questions, I'll post in that thread (so others know what the question is about), then I PM the person asking the question and give them the same answer. I sometimes don't go back to my posts if there's a lot of pages, and so I don't always know there's a question. I prefer someone PM me to ask questions. Oh, and in the tutorial area.....PLEASE PM your questions to the original poster. I found one I'd posted last summer had a question I never answered! I forget to go look after a week or so.....
Old 12-27-2010, 07:22 PM

I, too, prefer PM messages - both receiving and sending them. Sometimes threads get so long I can't read them all to see if the question that I also had was answered. Some questions are never answered by the original poster. And sometimes I'm embarrassed to ask a "stupid" question to the entire world.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:24 PM

If you go to your original thread - then arrow down to the question you want to answer/comment on - click on the "QUOTE REPLY" - left hand bottom corner of the screen

That will box the question - go to the end of quote - now type in your answer - when you post it - you will have the quote and you answer in the same box

hope this helps
Old 12-27-2010, 07:50 PM
Power Poster

if it's just a regular reply, i'd just reply in your posting. if it's directly to someone and you want them to get it, then PM them.