Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
No longer receiving newsletters from quilting blogs >

No longer receiving newsletters from quilting blogs

No longer receiving newsletters from quilting blogs

Old 04-02-2017, 06:35 AM

Question No longer receiving newsletters from quilting blogs

In the last two weeks I have not been receiving newsletters from Jo's Country Junction or Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville blog. I had been getting these for years and all of a sudden nothing. Anyone have any idea why these two stopped coming to my email? Does anyone know if they changed something about their delivery systems that might have caused this? I have checked their sites and do not see anyway to sign up again for their newsletters. I don't do Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, blah, blah, blah. Not interested in social media other than my email. Thanks for anyone that might have a clue!! I miss them!! And btw, I have checked my blocked senders and they are not on the list. I cannot place them on my safe senders because I cannot sign up on their sites. Thanks!!

Last edited by Helen6869; 04-02-2017 at 06:37 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 04-02-2017, 07:04 AM

I've saved the sites in my bookmarks and just go directly there. I prefer not to have a lot of emails.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:27 AM

well I guess I could do that part. I just like getting them and just clicking on them to read at my leisure. But I don't know what could have happened to change things. Just happened on it's own to these two and I think several more. Still getting most that I signed up for though. Weird!! Thanks for your input. Have a good one!

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
I've saved the sites in my bookmarks and just go directly there. I prefer not to have a lot of emails.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:53 AM

You said you checked your blocked senders site, is that the same as the spam file? If not, check it. Put those sites from which you want to receive mail in your contacts list.

I use Outlook for my AT&T mail. So, that means that all my AT&T mail goes through Yahoo. Yahoo/AT&T seems to randomly choose mail to mark as spam. One day it's spam and the next day, it's not. So, you have to go to the AT&T site to see what they've chosen as spam, as it won't show up on your Outlook.
Old 04-02-2017, 09:06 AM

When I go to Bonnie Hunter's blog, there is a box at the top right, , just under all the tabs, to enter your email address so you can receive the blog posts by email.

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/
Old 04-02-2017, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
When I go to Bonnie Hunter's blog, there is a box at the top right, , just under all the tabs, to enter your email address so you can receive the blog posts by email.

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/
Sorry. I don't see that box when I open the address you sent me. Is it just a box? What does it say? thanks!
Old 04-02-2017, 10:39 AM

Helen6869, when you look at the post, you'll see the date and under that the title of the post. Just look to the right and there is Follow by email never miss a post and under that is a box to put your email address.
Old 04-02-2017, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Sync View Post
Helen6869, when you look at the post, you'll see the date and under that the title of the post. Just look to the right and there is Follow by email never miss a post and under that is a box to put your email address.
Sync, you directions are very clear but when I open my quiltville site I just do not have that box on the page anywhere. Looked and looked, not there. Weird, again???? I know the type of box you mean but it just doesn't show on her page for me. so strange. I put them in my bookmarks....it's just another click instead of coming straight to my inbox. Thank you for your help even though it doesn't seem to work for me.