No Pictures Yet, But.....

Old 09-27-2015, 12:57 PM

Default No Pictures Yet, But.....

Howdy y'all. 😊

I just got home day before yesterday after driving from KY to CA and back! I flew out there in April to visit my best friend, and she told me then that if I found some way to haul it, she wanted me to have her mother's sewing machine in a cabinet. Her eyesight is getting so bad that she can't see to sew anymore, and she wanted someone to have it who would use it. So 3 weeks ago I bought a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica, and a week later my nephew and I were on the road! The last time I was there, I wanted to go to M & L Fabrics in Anaheim, but without my own transportation I had no way to get there. So this time I made SURE I got to go!

Let me tell ya...if I lived close to this store, I'd go bankrupt in less than a year! There were SEVEN aisles of fabric that was folded and stacked about 3' high on two shelves on both sides of the aisle that was only $2.98/yard! This was high quality fabric! By the time I got to the cutting table, my cart was stacked so high that I was having to hold the fabric on the cart to keep it from falling off while I pushed it! I bought 2 yards of each fabric, one flannel fabric I bought 4 yards of to use to back a denim rag quilt, and 5 panels! I stationed my nephew in the line to the cutting table, then hit the notions aisle. I paid $200 for the fabric and they had a special going where you got a $20 coupon for every $100 you spent. They let me go ahead and use my two coupons toward my notions since I live so far away, so I got $45 worth of notions for only $5! As soon as I can get everything rearranged in my sewing room/bedroom so I can set the machine up, I'll post some pictures. It was a GREAT trip, and my nephew is tied with my CA friend in the best friend category, so I had a great travelling companion too. But MAN am I tired!! 😴😴😴

Donna
Old 09-27-2015, 12:59 PM
Power Poster

​Woweee! Sounds fun! Can't wait to see your haul!
Old 09-27-2015, 03:06 PM

That sounds like FUN Donna!
Old 09-27-2015, 04:17 PM

You are one lucky gal!! It sounds like a trip of a lifetime. So sweet your nephew was available to help you out
Old 09-27-2015, 04:36 PM

I'm visiting in the Anaheim area right now and can't wait to visit M & L. It's a fabric lover's paradise. Love that flat fold section. I'll be here two weeks so multiple visits are a definite possibility. Hope I can fit all the goodies I find in my suitcase.
You have a wonderful nephew for making this trip with you.
Old 09-27-2015, 04:50 PM
Power Poster

The description of it matches Marshall's Dry Goods in AR! It doesn't take long to get overwhelmed there either.
Old 09-28-2015, 04:32 AM

Sounds like you could wear that machine out just sewing the fabrics you bought on this trip.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:05 AM

That all sounds like a dream trip, so fantastic!!
Old 09-28-2015, 01:37 PM

I have family in Anaheim, and every time I visit, I break one of my 10 commandments of Road trip shopping. That is; I shall not spend more than I can afford. Do it every time. What a great great store
Old 09-28-2015, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by DonnaFreak View Post
Howdy y'all. 😊

Let me tell ya...if I lived close to this store, I'd go bankrupt in less than a year! There were SEVEN aisles of fabric that was folded and stacked about 3' high on two shelves on both sides of the aisle that was only $2.98/yard! This was high quality fabric! By the time I got to the cutting table, my cart was stacked so high that I was having to hold the fabric on the cart to keep it from falling off while I pushed it!AN am I tired!! 😴😴😴

Donna
I would have liked to have been with you. Sounds like the kind of store I like to explore!