Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: No Surprise, my cat loves quilts

QM

No Surprise, my cat loves quilts

Every time I am working on a quilt, I seem to have a lap cat. If I put it down, the cat claims it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    My black Colby claimed one yesterday that I was working on ... yellow tabbys are so sweet

My cats are banished from my sewing room but seem to sneak in on a regular basis. Often the only way I'll know is if one of them is pawing at my leg and demanding to be cuddled. Your tabby is beautiful and reminds me of my username-sake, who has been gone for many a year.
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down the their level and beat you with experience.

Blog Entries
    Oh what a beauty. Do miss mine allot.

Doris

That's because your cat has excellent taste! The quilts your kitty has selected are gorgeous ...

Blog Entries
    Well why else would you be making a quilt?? Yep, they love them.

Cats love quilts. I have 3 and they prefer quilts to any other kind of bedding. They must feel the love and effort that you put into quilting.

My dog loves to lay on the blocks I lay out on the floor. I call her my "harshest" quilt critic. We are constantly at odds ;-). I want the practicality of actually being able to sew the blocks together so I like flatly placed blocks. She wants comfy-ness, so thinks that scrunching up the blocks is a better arrangement ;-). Her arguments are valid, I say, just not practical. We butt heads, LOL.

I made Darla her own "quilt," two pieces of ugly fabric quilted together with my ancient longarm. She absolutely loves it.

Darla with her "sn-ugly".

Name:  1920310_668920616505608_180647540_n.jpg
Views: 1274
Size:  38.0 KB

Darla, incorporating her own "design ideas" ;-) into one of my quilts.

Name:  1397508_10202704718802116_1183359617_o.jpg
Views: 1295
Size:  756.9 KB

Blog Entries
    Oh Darla... while your design ideas are valid (eye roll here), sweetie, we think we'll leave it the way Momma wants it... Your opinion is always appreciated, of course!! hahaha... don't they always have an "opinion"!! Love your quilt, by the way... QM's too!!
    "... let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."

Much like Darla, my cat can "snowplow" quilt blocks on the floor before I know she's in the room.

QM
    The theory was that I had a dog and my husband would have a cat for comfort after his stroke. I now have a dog AND a cat. He has another cat too. All of them love quilts. Unfortunately, HIS cat shed horribly.

I do layouts on a bed, then IMMEDIATELY pin them into rows (pin upper left corner) and stack the rows. Otherwise, I would definitely have 'help' in organizing my projects.
    Last edited by QM; 03-15-2014 at 09:24 PM.

Blog Entries
    One of my cats is always on my chair at my sewing machine, keeping it warm for me. When I sit in front of the tv to hand sew, two cats fight for my lap while one dog lays at my side, another half lays on my legs on the ottoman, two others on the other end of the couch. You should see the hair that is sewn into the wool applique blocks I'm working on!

Blog Entries
    Love the pics! My Sid likes to help, also!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Blog Entries
    I made a quilt for my 3 dogs to share. When I gave it to them the middle dog ran off with it. Last night I picked it up and told the youngest to lie oN it. That was the worse idea I have had for a long time. Middle one grapped it and wouldn't let anyone near her . She slept on it for ages.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Lovely quilt...beautiful cat. Those eyes are gorgeous. Cats rule and are not to be denied when it comes to quilts. Especailly those that have been handled by "those they command". That's the best!
    Quilting Makes Me Happy...

As the old saying goes---"Dogs have owners---Cats have staff"

Blog Entries
    Mine used to 'help' by weighing the quilt down as I tried to sew on the binding.

Quote Originally Posted by QM View Post
    Every time I am working on a quilt, I seem to have a lap cat. If I put it down, the cat claims it.
    Reminds me of my Lulu. She's been gone a while, even longer than I've been quilting.

QM
    I gave up on the battle and gave the cats a quilt. apparently, it is less interesting than the ones I am working on. Your Sid looks great.

You all are so lucky to have the helpers. They are all adorable! My husband won't let me have an animal. He says it's too expensive and would tie us down. Sigh. But I enjoy the granddogs when I see them. And they too tried to jump on the blocks my daughter was trying to lay out for me on the bed! Animals just think they need to "help"!
    Lori