Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Nominate this season's worse tv commercial >

Nominate this season's worse tv commercial

Nominate this season's worse tv commercial

Old 12-09-2013, 07:37 PM
Power Poster

Flo is so annoying to me. we fight over who's turning it to mute also. and thank goodness I don't have Progressive, because I too, would drop them and pay more for a 'better' insurance.

weird, when I told a friend I hated Flo, she said she thought she was 'endering and cute' there's no accounting for some peoples taste
Old 12-09-2013, 07:57 PM

I like the boxer shorts commercial...it's funny....I also liked the other Kmart commercials.....I shipped my pants....and that's a big gas truck!
Old 12-09-2013, 08:06 PM

The uproar over the boxer ad is more insulting than the ad almost.

Jingle bells being turned into a "naughty" topic was around when I was knee high to a grasshopper. It's not some new idea.

At the same time, any ad featuring a woman must have her sexy, no matter what is being sold. Even Flo is presented to be sexy to sell insurance. Victoria's Secret has commercials on year round that are far more explicit.

Furthermore, women are set in absolutely unreasonable settings - I don't bleed windshield washer fluid, nor do I know anyone who does. Both Janet Jackson and Miley Cyrus performed with males who were equally responsible for the acts, yet the men are tolerated and the women are vilified.

Both issues are accepted in most cases, and complaints on the far extremes only target the women for two party stunts that are far more sexual than this.

But, this ad is causing outrage. Really? It's hardly the most sexual commercial out now. You see nothing.

It's tacky at worst. But, I still find it hilarious.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:25 PM

I enjoy the boxer shorts/jingle bells. Compared to what else is on tv it's totally G-rated IMO. Can't think of which one annoys me the most right now. BUT a question for quilters - in this year's Lexus Christmas commercial the lady is sewing the big red bow that will go on top of a Lexus. Can anyone tell if the machine she's using is a Featherweight? By the time I realize that's the commercial it's gone on to the car.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:03 PM

I vote for the K-Mart ad with the guys ringing their "bells"...utterly disgusting in my opinion. Whoever thought that one up must have come from the village that lost it's idiot...
Old 12-09-2013, 09:04 PM

I also vote for the K-Mart ad with the guys ringing their "bells"....utterly disgusting IMHO
Old 12-09-2013, 09:32 PM

Oh, you folks! I've been using my PVR to watch TV so exclusively over the past year, that the only commercials I see are the Superbowl ads that I don't fast-forward through. You now have me wondering about some of these ads so much I just might have to watch commercials for a while. I hate anything with people being rude to each other - especially under the guise of being smart & funny.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:44 PM

I don't mind the Jingle Bells one. DH rolls his eyes but I bet he wouldn't if it was a bunch of cute girls doing it. LOL. I hate any Flo commercial and the Geico ones get on my last nerve too. I think my most hated one right now is the Toaster Strudel one with the little fake swedish (or whatever he's supposed to be) boy saying "Toaster Strooooodel, yah?". **shudder**
Old 12-10-2013, 03:02 AM

The Clysdale are the best commercials ever!!!!!!!!! Lets blow up Flo and MB.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
I really miss the Mens' Warehouse "You're gonna like the way you look" ads.

The Duluth Trading Company ads are hilarious and if you go to the web site you can see them all. Part of the mission statement of the company includes Humor as an important part of their company. I like that!

Another cool ad is "My baby" where a gigantic baby represents a beloved car. I think it is for insurance. A very smart commercial.

I don't like any ad that uses any kind of violence in it to represent a product that they want me to buy. From women kicking themselves in the rear end, how awful is that, to a guy that keeps getting blown up when another guy is throwing a football. How inconsiderate of a company when this country is still fighting a war and we have many innocent people getting blown up for real, or have we forgot about that?

I will not even consider buying these products and also e-mail those companies and let them know.

I see most of these ads during the news hour which is when I watch TV.

peace to all

I totally agree with this one. My most unfavorite one to date is KMart's with the jittering jerking couple by their car. Makes no sense at all. PS, I am a retired KMart worker and hate to be disloyal, but what were they thinking?