Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
November 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize >

November 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize

November 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize

Old 11-01-2012, 07:50 AM

Wow! 6 lbs. in one month! I only lost 2 lbs. this month and I was very very happy with that. I am in for November. I like the idea of checking in each week to see how others are doing and to get some "support" from others. Good Luck everyone - talk to you "lighter"!
Old 11-01-2012, 04:51 PM

Thanks ladies, but this blog keeps me honest. My gall bladder has helped too. I'm very careful about what I eat, when I eat and how much I eat. Plus it's only water or tea for me. I hate the feeling I get when I eat something wrong. I'm just miserable. Seeing the surgeon on Tuesday. Hoping he looks at my tests and says "yes, out it comes". Want it over with!! I'm making slow and steady progress.

I've been out on vacation for 16 days now. Back to work in the morning, and I'm happy about that. Need to pack my sack for my 12 hr. shift. Yogurt w/blueberries and granola, and a salad with a chunk of tuna. That should work and keep me from feeling like crap. What started out as vacation for a retreat turned into cabin fever with "Sandy" hitting and postponing my return to work. My co-workers can't remember what I look like...LOL.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:30 AM

I'm in again for this month. You did great CHQ, losing 6 lbs is wonderful. You don't want to take the weight off too fast, then it doesn't stay off.
I lost 5 so you are ahead of me. I am now down about 45 lbs, but it has taken me 10 months to do that. I'm going to keep plugging away. Need to lose at least 43 more, preferably another 75 - 80.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 11-02-2012, 01:39 PM

I hear you Gayle!! I'm happy with my loss, slow and steady. I really don't want to resort to surgery. DH and I have talked about it, but I don't think it's for me (scary). I want to work it off myself, after all, I put it on myself. Right now I'm working towards 50 gone. DH will quit smoking then. I had set a goal for myself of Dec. 31st, but I realize it's going to take a little longer.

45 lbs. is awesome. Maybe I can convience DH that if you loose 50lbs he has to quit...LOL. You're a lot closer to my goal and I really want him to quit!!
Old 11-02-2012, 02:32 PM

My DD is coming home from college tonight to do laundry and steal some groceries and home cooking. I am going to make her take the leftover Halloween candy with her. I need it out of here, I can't stay out of it.
I have been doing the 50 fab paper pieced stars group on here since January. I just finished piecing it. I am really happy with how it came out. Now to decide how to quilt it.
Attached Thumbnails dsc00956.jpg   dsc00957.jpg  
Old 11-02-2012, 02:33 PM

And i have two sorta relatives that have had wt loss surgery. one had the lap band, and almost died from it. from complications afterwards. just reflux problems--hernia's, etc from puking so hard, etc.
the other one, gained her wt back. after about 6 yrs. right up to almost where she was. i think, truthfully, we just need to try and learn to be moderate in our eating.
i almost hate to say how much wt i have lost. don't know if i want the whole world to know. might PM you two.

that is beautiful, mean. love the black background. i just got the book not to long ago.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:29 PM

Beautiful quilt Meanmom!!!!
I am buried in little Christmas quilts for the NICU that our Guild donates to. I have 18 all ready to be sandwiched and quilted. I have to finish them by the 14th!!

I though about surgery but decided not to go that route. I need to learn healthier habits anyway so I am working hard at this. I just have not been getting exercise in. My foot and knees don't allow much of that. I can do about a 1/2 mile walk right now and that's it.
I can't stand on the foot for very long either. Just got home from grocery shopping at the base with my girls and I am done with standing for the day. It is not a happy camper!! It means that these quilts will not be getting sandwiched tonight!!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 11-02-2012, 08:09 PM

What a gorgeous quilt. The background and the sashing were perfect choices for it.

Gayle, try 2 20 minute walks a day and put your feet up for a few minutes in between. Are you walking dogs? If not, look into ski walking poles. When I was dogless, I cut some old bamboo CC ski poles to the ski walking height. They helped a lot with my knees and ankles, plus trimmed my midsection. I want to use them a few minutes everyday, but it's so hard to go walking without the furgirls. Those pathetic eyes get me every time, especially the expressive brown ones on the little one.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:15 PM

I go alone or with my DH. My little puppy is 14 1/2 years old. She probably would not make it to the end of the street and then I would need to carry all 50 lbs of her back home, so we don't take her on walks any more.
I should go and see if I can find some walking poles. Come to think of it my DH has some hiking poles, maybe I can borrow his!!!!

Old 11-03-2012, 03:02 AM

j's g. you sound like me. okay, here comes the truth. i have lost 50 lbs also. since feb 14th. that's when i broke my arm/shoulder. i lost about 25 lbs. then stalled. then started again, a couple months later. lost another 25. stalled again. sorta. slower now. would like to lose 50 more lbs.
i stood on concrete for 25 yrs, and had a broken ankle yrs ago. now my bones know it, by the end of the day. i just try to be more active, in my house work, and walking up and down the stairs. 3 stories. with my sewing in the basement. use an excercise bike some. quit going to resistance band excercise class. my shoulder just never healed right, and i thought i was doing more harm than good.

I heard from cindy this morning. what with her moving, looking for a job, and starting her new job, she is really busy. she is going to send the FQ's to me, i think, and let me sort them out.
what say, don't send any FQ's anyplace for this month. if you haven't. join, and if you want, and we will maybe start sending them directly to the winner? what say?
maybe she will keep starting the thread.
we love her encouragement, and kind words she is always giving us.

Last edited by sewNso; 11-03-2012 at 03:13 AM.