Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: November weight loss 2015

And apparently I did eat everything. I am fuming. Two pounds up today. Why does it only go down by .4 lbs and it takes many days but I gain it back by the 2 lbs? Something is not fair here.
    Anna Quilts

Rainy day today and on the road for most of it. That meant eating on the run so not a good day for weight loss. Hoping to eat a very light dinner tonight and get back on track tomorrow. Cold weather means hot food for me and that usually means extra carbs which I can't tolerate in large quantities.

Still pre-cutting fabric/projects for retreat that starts late next week. Can't wait to get away for a few days and do nothing but sew and have fun.
    Miss Rita

Anna, I am the same way - is that why there are 'comfort' foods to warm us up? When I'm hungry, all foods fall in the 'comfort' category. You have done so well this year, don't lose heart.
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

It's too late to join this month, but I need to come back here. I send in my FQ, I lose weight, I don't need to join, then I gain it back. I think you all must be my maintenance plan.

Today is the first day of my 'new' eating plan. Regular meals, low carb, here I come.

I finished my Jelly Roll Race for the bazaar and it didn't sell. Lots of compliments, but no cash. It's hard to know what shoppers want.http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...e-t271905.html

Blog Entries
    The Jelly Roll race quilt is very pretty. It is so hard to know what is going to sell at a bazaar. I went to a craft show on Saturday with my mom. I didn't have to worry about spending too much money as there wasn't anything that I wanted to buy. The only thing I bought was a lunch box for my SIL for Christmas.
    I am taking a landscape wall hanging class. She has some interesting ideas and techniques. She is an artist not a seamstress. She hand sews everything. She puts all kinds of interesting things on her quilts. I will find ways to NOT hand-sew. I will try to post pictures when I finish. It is 3 classes. I have never figured out how to post pictures on my iPhone. Now I will have to figure out how to get the pictures from my phone onto my new computer.

When I take photos with my phone, I send myself an email with the photos attached. That way I can open the email on my computer and save the photos to my computer files. If you are linked up that way with your phone, it's a quick and easy way to get them transferred without a lot of fuss.
    Miss Rita

I emailed the pictures to myself. My mistake was not resizing them after they arrived on the computer. I am surprised they are so blurry. Verizon wants to give me a new phone so I wonder which one takes clearer pictures. The pictures are very clear on the camera screen, but not on the computer.

Might be easier to get a new battery for the digital camera. My only problem with that is that when I tell it to download only the pictures since the last download it transfers all the pictures on the card.

Pat, you and I feel the same way about hand sewing. How do you do the binding on your quilts? The Race had the flanged binding.

Pat, to load pics from my iphone to my mac all I have to do is plug the phone charger into my mac instead of the outlet.
    I am busy sewing things for a craft sale. I have some toppers and runners, baby quilts and aprons. Still have 4 1/2 weeks to work on stuff. Some of it still needs to be quilted. Hard to guess what might sell and then how much to price it.

Blog Entries
    I went to spinning class on Saturday morning. This instructor did a more difficult class but I survived. 21.5 miles in an hour. She has an abs class right after and she talked me in to it. It was only 30 minutes. I could only do about half of it, I am not as sore as I thought I would be. The class started with a 2 minute plank, I can;t make it that long but did what I could. They also did side planks. I have not done those before.
    I had my second landscape quilt class today. She has some interesting ideas and techniques. I didn't get a whole lot finished today but I did figure out what fabrics to use for my background and got some ideas of how to do other parts. I did have to stop at JoAnns on the way home to get some more sheer blue fabric. Hopefully it will work out in fabric the way it works in my mind.

What to do with my feet in those side planks is the hardest for me. "Only 30 minutes" sometimes 30 minutes can be a long time. I've been trying to talk my yoga instructor into lengthening the class. The other members are younger and may have families at home so he is hesitant to do so.

Spent the day shopping out of town. Now I need to find a place to put it all. I even bought a few Christmas presents. It doesn't feel right in this gorgeous weather, but it is Nov 15. This is the day I used to start when I was working. Don't laugh, in the north country, school lets out for the opening day of deer season, so it was a perfect day to 'shop til you drop.' With the 15 on a Sunday, I wonder if there will be school tomorrow. Probably not.

My body has been bloating a lot this month so I can't tell if this weight gain is fat or fluid. Don't know why, but I'm not too concerned. I got in and out of JoAnn's with only what was on my list. $150 list, but still nothing extra. That is nice feeling.

I AM getting healthier and losing weight!

Quote Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
    I might find some willpower after talking to my doctor in a couple of weeks about my high triglycerides. It has actually helped a little just from the phone call from the nurse yesterday. The overload of sugar in my diet is the culprit, I'm sure.
    It might be. for me I was able to get them within normal limits by strictly limiting sugars. best wishes on your journey to get healthy. It can be discouraging when after a lot of work and dieting some of those lab values do not budge or are still "bad".
    Anna Quilts

Okay, I definitely won't win the biggest loser for the month of November. However, I think I have 'refocused' with a new plan. MyFitnessPal and I are counting calories and my watch and I are counting steps. The goal is 1610 calories per day and 10,000 steps. Today is day four! My only problem is that I can't find a good time in the evenings to walk. Before dinner? TOO HOT in Florida. After dinner? Tried that last night and my dinner was quite unhappy in my stomach. Get up earlier? I already get up at 5:00 a.m. But I have to figure out something that will last. Suggestions? Watch out everyone, December might have my name written all over it
    Enjoy your day,
    Jan used to be in FL when she chose this user name

A fat quarter is not a body part!

Jan, could you eat your dinner a little earlier or wait until after your walk? Your calorie count is a good number. Sounds like you are motivated which is a big part of it!
    It is getting dark here about 5 pm so that is a challenge for me to get a walk in. Today is our last "warm" day (50's) and then it will be in the 30's - which will bother my sinuses to walk.
    Anna, I go today to talk to my doctor about my triglycerides. We'll see what she has to say.

Well, it turns out that I have metabolic syndrome. She thinks that I am at the beginning of it so I should be able to turn things around with diet. The South Beach Diet to be exact. Absolutely no sugar for the first 2 weeks and then I can add in 1 fruit per day. That means I will have to get different vitamins because I like the chewable ones. Plenty of no-no's but also plenty of things I can eat. I'm not starting the diet until Dec 1 so that I can enjoy Thanksgiving. I will go back in for blood work the end of January to see how it is working for me. I really don't want to go on any more medication so that is good motivation to do well.

Hi Ladies, you sound so busy. I am trying to recover from a sinus infection so that I can travel next week. I haven't ridden my bike in almost 2 weeks - mold is too high and tears me up.

May go to Austin tomorrow to see my son. He will be glad when this semester is over, and so will I.
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Blog Entries
    I does sound like everyone is busy. I have given up riding my bike outside, the weather is starting to get crazy and it gets dark too early. I have been going to spinning class 3x a week. I really like spinning.
    I think it is too early for the kids at school to get crazy for the holidays. They have been crazy. I had 9300 steps in when I left school today. I came home and have soup on the stove, bread in the oven and goeta in the crock pot. I might not get out of the recliner for the rest of the night.
    It is parent teacher conference time at school, glad I don't have to do them. One kid, Matthew is a total nerd, but so cute. He is a poster child for ADD. The conference with his mom was last night. OMG no wonder he is the way he is. He has almost no attention span. His mom is the same. He is having trouble with his addition facts so the teacher sent home some flash cards from the dollar store. Mom said a lot of the answers are incorrect on them. They are not. She insists that you can"t add 2+5=7 because the big number has to come first like in subtraction. The teacher tried for quite a while to explain to her that yes the flash cards are correct. Mom never got it and the teacher gave up.

meanmom, it saddens me at the caliber of my fellow citizens. I see it everywhere I go, and I am appalled at those who believe their opinion/needs are the only ones that matter. How does that mom live each day - math is in everything! Something I'm trying to make my DGD understand. I've told her she has to understand math to quilt. Dunno if that hurt or helped.

I'll be on the road this week. I wish everyone a safe and joyful Thanksgiving.
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Meanmom, sounds like a challenge. My daughter will return to work as a Transitional K teacher on the 30th.
    She has been off with her little daughter. She has been told that she has 2 really challenging kids in her class and that the class is out of control with the Sub. Add to that my little grand daughter is Colicky and not sleeping well at all and is a real mamma's girl. I will be babysitting Thursdays and helping my older daughter when she has Faith on Monday's and Tuesdays. The other grandma will have her on Wednesdays and every other Friday. Anyway, she is NOT looking forward to going back to her classroom given all the circumstances.
    We are driving down to my mom's tomorrow night, there until Friday. All my kids and grands should be at my mom's for Thanksgiving dinner. I am looking forward to that. 6 grand babies 4 and under with a 7th due beginning of March.
    I hope to keep my eating under control. I have been pretty good about staying away from sweets and fast food but my weight is being stubborn.
    My Physical Therapist won't let me take walks yet, he has me using a cane. I can ride my recumbent bike, but have I???? Of course not!
    I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Remember all of the things that we have to be thankful for!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Talk about emotional eating. On Monday, someone (not related) close to me made a remark that offended me. I think I've gained 4 or 5 pounds in two days. I talked to him about it today so that should resolve it, hopefully.

Tomorrow I'm going to my son's house where he and his daughter are the cooks. He's a good cook, but this is his first Thanksgiving dinner. Yes, he has a wife, but she wants to go shopping. I hate it that stores are open on Thanksgiving and therefore, will NOT be going shopping. The daughter is my out of state granddaughter. We'll see how her cooking skills are. She spent Saturday-Tuesday with me. Thank goodness, I didn't do anything to embarrass myself (or her) at yoga class last evening. It was lovely having her with me.

I won't be eating clean tomorrow, but I will be controlling the amount. I don't think I agree with my friend who insists that after three bites, it all tastes the same, but I will try to have one serving of everything except the broccoli salad.

I AM getting healthier and losing weight.

Just stopping by for a few moments to check in and wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. Hope everyone has a great day with friends and family. Try to enjoy the day and not stress out about food. If worse comes to worse, we can always start again the day after (IMHO).
    Miss Rita

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you whether you are with friends, family or yourself.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
    I am going the easy route today. I ordered our meal from the grocery store. The only thing I am making is our sweet potato casserole. So glad I did that. I'm feeling very lazy after 2 full days of babysitting and knowing that I have them again tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone. We are on our usual Thanksgiving trip. This year we are in Hocking Hills Ohio. There are only 34 of us this year. We don't do Turkey. We just got home from a 3 mile hike. It was chilly and rocky and a lot of stairs. SO far my knees feel fine. I guess I will find out in the morning.
    I bring the most of the food for everyone for the whole weekend and bill them. I just works out easier that way. We always have Cincinnati style chili for dinner. I have someone bring appetizers and salad and dessert for today.
    I think I might need a nap.

Does anyone ever loose those last 7 lbs? I didn't do to bad over the Holidays but I did have pumpkin pie and some chicken salad with mayo a couple days later. Weight is couple lbs up and a couple lbs down. I am within my BMI but would like to feel a little more secure and get my weight in the middle of my BMI. I guess I should be happy I haven't gained really. My aunt was here from Europe so we ate a little more frequently and there was a lot of tempting food.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    I just posted the December thread. Head on over there and sign up. We need all the help we can get with all of the holiday parties. I am late posting this month. Don't forget to PM me your loss for the month.
    Pat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast