Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
October 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!! >

October 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!!

October 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!!

Old 10-03-2012, 06:45 PM

I have made the cookies several times. I am also not a big fan of anything with bananas except for a real banana. They did not really have much of a banana taste. They come out really soft, almost cakelike. If you are going to keep them for more than a couple of days put them in the refrigerator because they get moldy. ( ask me how moldy after a week on the counter, I forgot about them, really gross)
Cindy good luck. I too am having trouble with depression. I have never had to deal with it before like this. My job is really getting me down. I am looking but haven't found anything that works for me yet. I have applied for several but I am pretty sure they are going to be filling them from within. I am applying anyway. I am keeping notes on what is going on there, not sure what I am going to do with it yet. I have been having to drag myself up to my sewing room. I have never had that problem before. The house is getting out of control. I need to get things back in control here. As much as I hate to I have considered medication. When I got a pedicure last month she about freaked out over how tense my feet were. Said I must be a mess. I have to wear a guard at night or I wouldn't have any teeth left. I am not normally a tense person. I have always just been able to go along with things. I am getting a pedicure tomorrow, I am curious what she will say about how tense I am.
I am thinking of calling in sick on Friday. The teacher might be off for a funeral. I f she is off I will go in. If she is there I think I will be sick.(Either sick or sick of it.)
Old 10-04-2012, 07:09 AM

My quilt group was here last night. What a bunch of wonderful ladies. Usually always picks me up to have that "girl time". We discussed our trip to the beach in a couple weeks. 7 of us are going to a retreat and can't hardly wait!!!! Hoping they'll all keep me on the straight and narrow when it comes to the diet!!!! LOL...right, they're not better than me. I did hop on the scale this morning....1 more lb. gone!! That makes me happy :-)

DH & DD just left for the beach. Big car show this weekend and they're going. I have to work the next 3 days so I'm home with the "boys" (dogs). Getting ready to hit the quilt room and get some things finished up so I can start a new project!!!!

Have an awesome day ladies!!!! Drink lots of water!! and get those veggies in!!!!
Old 10-04-2012, 07:43 AM

I am going to try thst reciepe for the breakfast bars ....Thanks Cindy

Cindy I understand about depression it can be very hard to get motivated.I chose to leave my job almosy 2 yrs ago this comming Feb after 23 yrs due to some personal and professional issues with a coworker. I fell into a deep depression would sleepall day for almost a year. Getting on meds helped me at least get up and get started taking classes to finish my 2yr degree. I am 43 and still have days hang in there and definately if you can make yourself get out of the house even just for a short walk it does help.

My thing today is no pop/soda I quit it once for over a year and start up again. Also to eat more veggies and fruit.
Have a great day everyone
Old 10-04-2012, 08:24 AM

I put broccoli and carrots in my lemon chicken/rice soup last night. It didn't change the flavor at all, which is good.

Last night I was halfway through a post about making granola when my computer went pop and everything went black. Oh, oh. The computer is coming up on 10 years old. After checking the fuse box and the wall outlet, I decided it had to be the plug strip. Yup, a quick trip to the store and I'm back in business.

The granola making went well, though I had to throw out my rice bran because it was rancid, too. My fault on that one - it's been around too long. Making granola felt like a blast from the past. My older children tell the younger ones they are lucky they didn't live through my days of making granola and homemade yogurt. The granola was good - the yogurt was an acquired taste and they never acquired it. The girls still feel that having to eat it was some kind of torture. Funny girls. The oldest will be 54 this week. Wow! Where does time go?

meanmom, do take Friday off if the teacher will be in. Two subs is too hard on the kids and on the subs. The first time will be the hardest. Sleep in, take a bubble bath, take a walk and then quilt all day. Don't waste a free day on housework.

CHQ, your quilt group sounds like fun. I'd love to have one here. Lord knows I have enough machines if my friends would sew on vintage ones. And enough fabric for everyone. And enough patterns.

The sun is shining even though it's raining intermittently, so I'm going to go get some soil and work on the lawn. I've never had a Siberian who didn't think it was her job to do some excavating. Lily isn't bad, but if the ground is soft from rain and it's dark out, she just can't help it. I give them one spot, but Lily isn't as good as confining her holes to one area as Jojo and Mia were.

I will have an awesome day. Working in the sun, walking my furgirls, working on the bazaar quilt, etc. I have been having to do a lot of unsewing. My reversal problems are getting in the way of keeping those little angles in the right order between the design wall and the sewing machine. I'm about ready to take a break and do a Spicy Spiral table runner.

Have a good day, y'all. Eat clean - as close to plain food as possible. Drink water - with a half a lemon in the morning and move your body. Enjoy the sunshine. For those of us in the north country, we know what's coming - it may snow this week end here.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:25 PM

Got some good news today, got the call from the company I interviewed with last week, he wants me but has to have corparte approval. So waiting for that, I dont see a problem there. Now to wait for that. It was a small part of the weight lifted off my shoulders today.

We have a cold front coming through, gonna be in the 80's today and part of tomorrow and then dropping about 25-30 degrees by tomorrow afternoon. Crazy weather

So I have pulled out some beef cubes and will make some beef stew or veg beef soup this weekend. Will load it up with vegs.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:30 PM

Irish I have decided I am sick tomorrow (cough, cough). I wouldn't waste a sick day being out if the teacher was out. What would be the fun in that. I also wouldn't do that to the other aide or the kids. They have been having trouble getting subs this year so there is a good chance there won't be one. They lowered the pay a lot. They can't hardly find aides for the teachers either. The principal was stuck in a classroom part of the day last week. I hope the teacher has fun changing all the diapers tomorrow, including two ton Tilly. We have a little girl in 1st grade in a wheelchair who is a brut. she weighs at least 80 pounds and constantly tries to hit, pull hair and kick. She is awful to change, I got kicked in the head today. I feel like I have been in a wrestling match most days after changing her. Is it wrong to hope she is in rare form again tomorrow.
I plan on a little cleaning, and then going up and hiding out in my quilt room all day. I have a baby quilt to quilt and bind. I am also doing the 50 paper pieced stars group and am a couple of weeks behind. So I hope to catch up tomorrow. I also really want to do the New York beauty group. That just started this week. Not sure about it yet. I might even eat some chocolate!!!
Old 10-04-2012, 04:00 PM

Cindy, I sure hope you get that job! I have been praying for new jobs for you and meanmom. You were in one of my dreams last night, Cindy. There was some guy that I kind of knew and I was going to set you up with him. He was helping me sort some fabric and I realized he was color blind. Strange!
I had a great day. I went with my daughter for her ultrasound. This is the one where she could find out the sex but she did not want to. We spent the rest of the day shopping. I bought a little white fuzzy snowsuit for the baby. I also bought a little girl outfit. We also looked at cribs and car seats and pacifiers and all kinds of fun stuff. I want to get started on sewing some burp cloths and bibs. That will have to wait until after the 12 blocks for the exchange. Maybe I can start knitting some booties while I watch tv.
When I got home there was an adorable little stray kitten at my house. It was so sweet and cuddled up to me. I let it go and the neighbor kids (teenagers) picked it up. Their chiwawa scared it and it ran up a tree. Their dad climbed a ladder to get it. It climbed onto his shoulder and he came down. It ran away then. I put out some tuna for it. I hope it turns up again. The neighbor girl really wants it.
Time for a bowl of chili with this cooler weather.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:09 PM

frustratedquilter40, that's a tough one to give up, but if you can get past three days, it will get better. It's certainly a good thing to give up if you are concerned about your health. Go for it!

Pam, aren't you allergic to cats? Kittens are so adorable, but they do grow up to be cats. I have another GGD pregnant - the older sister to the one on bed rest now. She had her first ultrasound today. I haven't heard from her, but I'm hoping for a girl. I want to make a pink quilt.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:29 PM

You're right, Irish. I am allergic to cats but kittens are just too adorable. Haha, I just sneezed thinking about it. I only held him for maybe 3 minutes. It's when they are in my house that they bother me. I'm not deathly allergic.
I hope both of your GGD's do well with their pregnancies. I also hope you get to make a pink quilt!
Old 10-05-2012, 02:49 AM

Okay - Taboo Tuesday - no fried anything this week. Only baked, broiled, grilled, you get the point. And that includes chips - most of them are fried.
I won't be cooking much for awhile. I was out late yesterday on my exercise walk and fell - broke my humerus at the shoulder. At least it wasn't bad enough for an overnight in the hospital or any surgery. Will see doctor this a.m. for more info. Out of commission on finishing a Quilt of Valor and some small quilts I needed for the Veteran's Day service. I will figure this out. Everyone else - keep exercising, drink water.