Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Old Fashioned Letter Writing

Blog Entries
    I love writing and receiving letters, but alas everybody prefers e-mails. I am probably too long in the tooth to go searching for a pen-pal now, but it was always so nice to greet the postman rather than switch on the computer.

Blog Entries
    I still write letters, not as much as before email. My Mom will not do email so I write send her a thinking of you card almost every week even though we talk on the phone everyday.

Blog Entries
    I agree, it is nice to get a letter, but it takes weeks to have a whole conversation via letter - I like the speed of an email, that you can get a reply in a matter of hours if not sooner sometimes

I till write a bit, mostly to older family and friends..... but all the younger ones prefer emails...

I can't seem to write a letter without screwing it up so I write them on the computer and mail them. Come to think of it, it has been a long time since I received q handwritten letter, note or invitation. Just took in today's mail and I have 2 printed invitations and, my goodness a small handwritten thank you note from a friend. 1 out of 3 isn't too bad.

I prefer writing letters myself. Email seems so impersonal. I do use email when I need a response quickly. I write letters to my grandchildren. They like getting mail.

I still love to get letters and loved writing them until my RA made my writing hard to read. I guess it is a dying art as they are not teaching anything but printing and keyboard in school anymore.

I love to write and receive real mail! I will say, those that I write to request that I type and print from my computer though, because I have rather small handwriting. I seem to keep in touch much better when I take the time to sit and write. I think with email, I just say, I can send an email anytime, and seem not to!

Blog Entries
    I write letters as well. I have a lovely friend (she is 96) and NEVER forgets to send a thank you card or just a note of cheerfulness and we live in the same town. She posts it. Since her hearing is a bit frail, she, too loves getting notes and I send cards and notes back to her. Never too late to have a pen pal. There are actually pen pal websites. Go for it.

my dear, if you would like a penpal pls PM me! I have always loved letters in the mail and letter writing. sharet

I love real mail as well but am not giving up email. I always write long notes on bd and other cards I send. I miss my DH's grandmother...we wrote weekly for many years.

I would love to be your penpal. I didn't have an opportunity to do this when younger, and I love to write letters. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Blog Entries
    When I moved away from home one of the highlights of the day was checking the mail to see if I got any letters. Now all I get in the mail is junk and bills.

Power Poster
    Alas, in our "instant" society letter writing has become a thing of the past. They are not even going to teach cursive writing in some schools anymore!

working on a scrappy UFO behind my Viking
    Blog Entries
    I still write to old fashion letters

I haven't had a penpal in ages. I think I'm kinda missing it. There's a certain allure to having a reason to checking the mailbox other than to empty it of sales flyers & junk mail. :)

I still write letters and I love to receive them.

I just got a letter from apiarist- a real, mailed, thoughtfully written informative letter addressed to me personally!!!! What fun to have something that is not addressed to current resident or occupant, or that is a sales flyer :D

Thank you for writing, and I have written back and will mail it tomorrow!

Blog Entries
    I have some photographs of my quilts which my brother has put together, but alas I do not have your email address.

I hope you are having a Merry Christmas.

Joan Elliot

I still have one person I write to. The rest are email. As much as I loved letters I really do prefer emails.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.