Our Newest Additions

Old 09-02-2012, 08:05 AM

Default Our Newest Additions

These are our new additions. They are both feral kittens. We've had them about a month and they're finally getting tame enough to pet. They're still a little spooked when we get close but they're slowly coming around. They like to follow us around but still won't get too near. I guess one day they will finally warm up to us.

The short hair is Mischief and she really lives up to her name. She's always into something. The long hair is Fluffy, really original name. LOL We couldn't get her to come out much when we first got her so we couldn't get a feel for her personality. They are both calicos.
Attached Thumbnails kittens-aug-2012.jpg   fuffly-aug-2012.jpg  
Old 09-02-2012, 10:51 AM
Power Poster

They just don't know how lucky they are to find a loving home Pretty girls~
Old 09-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Power Poster

I have two feral cats, 16 and 12 years old. They are very friendly to us. They don't like anything to be moved and freak out when we do any home improvements. My Daughter has a feral cat, she got as a tiny kitten, he has spent his whole life (16 years old) Totally scared to death of humans. He hisses when someone walks by him. They have tried to get him use to him but no luck. She wonders if she did him any favors by taking him in.

Cute kitties and I hope you can get them use to you. They may hide when company comes.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:08 AM

They are beautiful. All cats are aloof creatures but calico's bring a whole new meaning to the word. I have a 14 yr old calico who was born at home to a momma we had and she still treats me like an outsider. MindySue was my husbands kitty. I think your Fluffy will stay a bit shy but Mischief looks like she will be a rather playful imp -better keep plenty toys about for her--Oh keep the toilet paper out of reach. : ) -I think cats taught teenagers how to TP trees
Old 09-03-2012, 05:26 AM

Mr. Peach is a feral cat..he was just 5 weeks old when I found him in the park. He is always in the room with me but he will NOT sit on my lap and he would love to get outside. He does sleep part of the night at my side...he comes to bed in the wee hours and insists I get up no later than 6:30..he wants his breakfast!!!! I have had a number of cats in my life and he is the first one that will not sit in my lap. He fears nothing and he runs to the door if the doorbell rings...he hates other cats as well. Two little kittens were sleeping on my deck and he threw himself at the glass doors..needless to say, those little ones ran away and didn't return. Still, I love him and he is one great "quilt policeman"!
Old 09-03-2012, 05:58 AM

They are so beautiful! I took in a feral cat a long time ago, we named her Muffy. She appeared to be around a year old when we found her. She was a beautiful orange and white calico, and like many of you describe - she wouldn't let me pet her or come directly toward her. Muffy would follow me from room to room, however.

One day after she had lived with us for about four years, she suddenly decided I was her friend, and she crawled onto my lap. From that day on, I couldn't sit down without Muffy on my lap, I couldn't sleep without Muffy sharing my pillow. We had Muffy for a total of fourteen years before she passed on.

Don't give up on your two new friends. Once they decide you are their friend, they will be loving and loyal for life! It just might take a while, but it's worth the wait!
Old 09-03-2012, 06:09 AM

We've had them about a month and a half. The first week we couldn't find them. They hid and we never did find where they were hiding. They finally started to come out a little at a time and now they are out most of the day. They do follow us around but still won't let us pet them much. I have been able to pet Mischief when she's eating but Fluffy is to skitish. It's a slow process and my DH is itching to get his hands on them. He's the cat person. I'm more of a dog person. The last time I had a cat I was 9 years old. LOL
Old 09-03-2012, 07:15 AM

They're very pretty. Give them time. Given the fact that they stay out and actually let you take pictures is a positive sign. It sounds like Mischief will be the more social one, but don't rush them.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:16 AM

Ohhh I love your kitties, mine was not feral but she was long haired and the color of yours. We had her for 19 years she was the sweetest thing and I miss her everyday. Never found one like her again. Yours will come around it just takes time. ^_^
Old 09-03-2012, 07:20 AM
Power Poster

Awww, how lovely they are. I have three and one is still very skittish. she hates being picked up but loves to be petted. She's pestering me right now!