Outside Christmas Lights

Old 10-26-2016, 06:07 PM

Default Outside Christmas Lights

I was thinking I would put up Blue and White lights for a change. I will have to get some at Walmart for the blue. When I see a house with blue I always go "OH uh oh uh that is pretty. What dos everyone else do? I cannot get one of those lazor lights that twinkle in the trees because we have small planes go over our house and I don't want to blind the pilots.
Old 10-26-2016, 06:11 PM

We have colored lights and white lights. We put up so many lights the airport could use us as a landing strip! The kids at the home daycare across the street love the lights and displays and some of the neighbors have started to decorate. I am pushing to decorate the deck and backyard this year!
Old 10-26-2016, 06:36 PM

We have the red and green laser lights but we don't point them up we point them at our house, they go up into the trees some, but the trees aren't really huge. Before that we did white lights. Lights are big in Florida , we overcompensate for no snow! Blue & white would be very pretty.
Old 10-26-2016, 06:36 PM
Power Poster

I have a star attached to a string of blue lights that goes up at the top of our TV tower. In the nice weather a few years ago we put up a rope and pulley. All we have to do is attach the star and raise it like a flag and tie it off, our very own Star of the East.
Old 10-26-2016, 06:44 PM

It is very dark where I live. No street lights at all. I think i should leave white lights up all the time so it is not so dark.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:57 AM

One year we decorated with all blue and white lights. When my daughter arrived home from college she asked "are we celebrating Christmas or Hannakuh?".

I still love blue and white lights but I've seen some houses that used only blue lights, no white. To me all blue looks kind of gloomy.

Last edited by janjanq; 10-27-2016 at 04:04 AM.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:13 AM

I used to like blue and white better when we had the old style lights. The new lights aren't as bright and cheery and to me the blue only looks very gloomy, too. The white does help brighten it up a bit.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:07 AM

To me red and green are Christmas colors I love best. We always used the mixed colored lights outside and on our tree.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:17 PM

[QUOTE=janjanq;7686225]One year we decorated with all blue and white lights. When my daughter arrived home from college she asked "are we celebrating Christmas or Hannakuh?".

I got the same response when we put up blue lights. We go for the same color (i.e. all blue or all green). Right now were on red, and when these start to burn out we'll switch to something else. I personally liked the blue-to me it is "wintery".
Old 10-27-2016, 02:56 PM
Power Poster

I like blue and white lights or just white. They look cold, like Winter should be.