Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The pics of what a deer did to my car...

Blog Entries

The pics of what a deer did to my car...

I promised some of the girls on chat that I would put pics up of my car..and how bad it looks...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am so sorry to hear of your deer/car accident. All that matters is no human was hurt.

Kat

No. California. The foothills of the Sierras.
    I am glad you were not injured.
    Sue
    Face the sun and keep your shadow at your back.
    And it never hurts to keep an angel on your shoulder.

Deer are a big problem around here - glad you weren't hurt. We have several friends who have run into them on dark roads.
    So many quilts, so little time.

Blog Entries
    We don't have deer, but Kangaroos are a real problem around here, they get pretty big and do some serious damage too. I'm glad you weren't hurt.
    The biggest risk is the one not taken

Blog Entries
    Been there, done that, and so has my daughter. Neither of us were hurt. Glad you're okay, too.

Glad no one was hurt. We live in a very rural area and have had 3 deer/car accidents and more near misses than i can count.

Blog Entries
    Twenty years ago I hit 3 deer in 2 years. I don't drive that fast anymore.

Sorry about your car... thank God you are not hurt.
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Blog Entries
    I hit two deer while living in MT. As the silly insurance lady said, "did you hit the deer, or did the deer hit you?" She had to have been a city girl. I was really shook up when I hit the first one. I'll never forget her eyes. Always a blessing when it is not serious. But I had to have body work done both times.

Blog Entries
    I have never hit, or been hit, by a deer, but my brother hit one that came through the windshield and one of the antler tips just scraped the corner of his right eye. 1/4" closer and he probably would have lost his eye and maybe his life. Truck was nearly totaled. Glad you are well, sorry about your car.

Glad you ok. My neighbor and his family were coming back from Texas, just north of San Antonio and a deer got them in the back panel of the car. Scared the kids, but everyone was ok.
    You can get older, but you never have to grow up! Tomorrow's just a future yesterday!-Greg Fergerson

Glad you were not hurt

Blog Entries
    Must have been scary for you. Hope you can get the car fixed without it being too inconvenient.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyllis42 View Post
    I hit two deer while living in MT. As the silly insurance lady said, "did you hit the deer, or did the deer hit you?" She had to have been a city girl. I was really shook up when I hit the first one. I'll never forget her eyes. Always a blessing when it is not serious. But I had to have body work done both times.
    I can understand her saying that, this year my husband was T-boned by a deer!
    Laura

Blog Entries
    Oh Dear, it did do some damage. But, you wouldn't want to hit a kangaroo, it could right off your car.

Deer can do a lot of damage. There was an accident many years ago in FL where a car going north hit a deer, the deer crashed into a car heading south, went through the windshield, killed the driver, went out the back window and landed 30 feet down the road.

One of the scariest things I have seen driving, I was headed south on an interstate, on the right was woods, there was no median, just a 5 foot high concrete divider between northbound and southbound lanes. As I watched in horror, a deer came out of the woods on my right, made it across all the southbound lanes, LEAPT over the concrete barrier into heavy traffic going north. I was beyond it at that point, I can only imagine it landing ON someone's car or just in front with the driver having no warning or chance to stop.

Power Poster
    Oh deer! My son drives after dark alot to and from work and he put a deer whistle on his truck. Do they work? I don't know because he hasn't hit any. Glad you were not hurt even if your car now has a boo boo.

Glad you were not hurt.

DD and I were driving in the dark on I-90 in Montana and hit a young dear. There were many people behind me and so I could not stop. There was no damage to the truck I was driving, the damage was to my emotional well being. I pulled off at a rest stop as soon as I could and just breathed for a while. I had looked in the mirror after I hit the dear and I could see that it was in shock with a broken leg. Definately hard on my heart.

Blog Entries
    Glad you were not hurt. My sil and dd live in a very rural area and in 2 months' time hit two deer, a turkey and a raccoon. Their car was in the shop about a month and when they got it they hit the second deer the next day. I had never heard of anyone hitting a turkey, but I guess it can be done. We now call that area death valley.
    Jodyma

We have a lot of deer here too. One ran into my husband and crushed the front quarter panel and hood almost $1k damage. The adjuster said if he had hit the front, the car would have been totaled. Glad no one was hurt!

Blog Entries
    Hitting deer around here is serious business and big business. Fortunately I have not had any deer wrecks. Hiopefully I will not although I have had two very close calls

Ouch!!!

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    You are very lucky that is all it did to your vehicle .. Glad you are safe.

When a trucker hits a deer, elk or moose-let's just say its time for either the DOW to come out or the truck is along side the road parked due to damage sustained from the confrontation.
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

I live in central Texas. I was driving through my friend's neighborhood (minding my own business) when a doe comes sailing over the hood of my van. Scared the living daylights outta me!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast