Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures of our non-human friends

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin's Mama
    I have a Westie, he is 8 yrs. old and his name is Merlin.

I have a waiting list of people who want to babysit Merlin when we go out of town.
    Merlin is a pretty boy. It sounds like he is a lot of fun to have around. Maybe you should put me on the list too?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflies5518
    She is now 13 and a full blown brat. When the BF moved in she totally became his so I now call her the "traitor". She dotes on his every move and when he sits she sits on his feet. She only acknowledges me for dinner and treat time!!
    Aw, I wish I could see a bigger picture of her. Your avatar picture looks so funny!

I have to say I know what you mean by traitor; my sister Dawn and I would pretty much disappear when my Dad showed up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by frauhahn
    At Celeste's request, I'm posting my avatar. These two are always together and always doing something crazy. Labs are such clowns!
    Thank you! That is just TDCFW! (too darned cute for words)

ANYONE please feel free to post more cute pictures!

Blog Entries
    Can't resist. I am posting a few pictures of my son's "boppie". She is a pit bull and loves people. People are leary of her until they see she is just a ham.
    He's gorgeous! He looks Noble in that last one. I really hate the stereotype of this breed and others that look like that, as well as my beloved Doberman and Rotweiller. Though I must admit, I do love feeling of safety I have with them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katy
    Okay so here are a couple of pics of Rocco the wonder dog who is my current avatar after he is grown up. So smart and he really feels just like a lamb.
    The cutest pictures of him is with the quilts, especially where he's all cuddled up after his bath.

That's hilarious about the camping trip!

You have other pets? Will you post their pictures too?

Blog Entries
    QuiltnCowgirl - Silly Caesar and Callie. They sound like a handful!

It sounds like Dusty is livin' the life.

Blog Entries
    During a camping trip I went home to check on pet and never came back. I still get teased by our friends wondering if I am still cheking on pet and that happened 20 yrs ago!! lol
    That's hilarious! I'll have to keep that in mind if I somehow get roped into that again! Most people know I'm not a camper and that I cannot leave my furry ones behind for long.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalisa
    Oh sheesh this thread is cute overload!
    Isn't that the truth!

Boy, those eyes are BLUE on "My Love Buggy." It looks like you have a lot of fun with those three!

Celeste,
    My Avatar was a e- mail , and I just related to it !!! I think it was called (Now what do I do !!!

This was the one I used to introduce myself
    Name:  Attachment-186869.jpe
Views: 146
Size:  28.2 KB

Debo sending Grandma kisses , that dog has enough slobber for a 5 gal. bucket ,, we keep a towel with us all the time , I tell Stef, he needs a bib
    Name:  Attachment-186923.jpe
Views: 166
Size:  13.4 KB

Debo showing Grandma his ears are better, and he can have his cookies
    Name:  Attachment-186924.jpe
Views: 143
Size:  11.9 KB

Celeste,
    My Avatar was a e- mail , and I just related to it !!! I think it was called (Now what do I do !!!

This was the one I used to introduce yourself
    Name:  Attachment-186925.jpe
Views: 150
Size:  28.2 KB

Debo sending Grandma kisses , that dog has enough slobber for a 5 gal. bucket ,, we keep a towel with us all the time , I tell Stef, he needs a bib
    Name:  Attachment-186926.jpe
Views: 150
Size:  13.4 KB

Debo showing Grandma his ears are better, and he can have his cookies
    Name:  Attachment-186927.jpe
Views: 149
Size:  11.9 KB

Sorry it posted twice ,,,

Loved looking at everyone's pets. Here are my Shih Tzus. Rufus after playing in the snow and a close up of Jazzy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Over the past few days I have received many heartfelt messages over my loss of Maggie. I am so grateful for such an outpouring of comfort; it has meant so much and gotten me through some difficult times. I am posting a picture of Maggie in better times with her two best friends. Heidi (gray) and Daisy (calico) were rescued after our other dane, Sonny, passed away. All three became good friends and quite often would snuggle together.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mhuskins1
    Celeste,
    That's cute, thanks. Debo is so cute.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie B
    Loved looking at everyone's pets. Here are my Shih Tzus. Rufus after playing in the snow and a close up of Jazzy.
    Those are pretty good close ups. Do they like snow?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneander
    Over the past few days I have received many heartfelt messages over my loss of Maggie. I am so grateful for such an outpouring of comfort; it has meant so much and gotten me through some difficult times. I am posting a picture of Maggie in better times with her two best friends. Heidi (gray) and Daisy (calico) were rescued after our other dane, Sonny, passed away. All three became good friends and quite often would snuggle together.
    I'm so sorry about Maggie. I am glad that she was blessed with a happy, loving home and good furry friends.

Consider yourself hugged times three!

Quote Originally Posted by Celeste
    Those are pretty good close ups. Do they like snow?
    Rufus likes the snow, but Jazzy doesn't care for it. Rufus will take his nose & flip it everywhere as he runs & jumps through it. With his fur that can be quite the mess brought into the house. I'm glad that spring is finally here. The close up of Jazzy's face was an accident...as I took the picture she decided to check out the camera.

community benefactor Merlin's Mama's Avatar
    I am going to tell you about the time Merlin tried to become friends with a skunk!!!

It is early morning, just getting daylight. I let Merlin out in back yard with a less than perfect fence. He got out quite often. Went to check on him and I see him outside the fence following a skunk!!! Heart attack!!!!! Yep, just then seen the tail go up. Merlin backs up and shakes his head. I am yelling NO MERLIN!! NO!! I went and grabbed my shoes and went outside. There's Merlin still following the skunk real close and I am seeing the tail going up and Merlin shaking his head over and over. They worked themselves over to the neighbors yard with me at a safe distance yelling at Merlin. Then the skunk must have run out of musk because he started turning around trying to bite with Merlin dancing around him wanting to be friends. After a few tries the skunk gave up and decided to ignore Merlin. The skunk waddled half way down the yard and went under a shed. That is when my husband who had come out because of my screaming, went over and picked Merlin up and came over and handed him to me saying, "I have to go to work." I had him around the waist and as far away from me as possible and put him in the yard. Called groomer and she had recipe for getting rid of the smell. It really worked!! I put him in the house right after the "bath" and there was no odor.

Who me? I just wanted to be friends.
    Name:  Attachment-188173.jpe
Views: 195
Size:  65.5 KB

Oh, my...I can't imagine why Merlin would keep going after the skunk after the first spray. Poor Merlin, he just wanted a new friend.

I am going to tell you about the time Merlin tried to become friends with a skunk!!!

It is early morning, just getting daylight. I let Merlin out in back yard with a less than perfect fence. He got out quite often. Went to check on him and I see him outside the fence following a skunk!!! Heart attack!!!!! Yep, just then seen the tail go up. Merlin backs up and shakes his head. I am yelling NO MERLIN!! NO!! I went and grabbed my shoes and went outside. There's Merlin still following the skunk real close and I am seeing the tail going up and Merlin shaking his head over and over. They worked themselves over to the neighbors yard with me at a safe distance yelling at Merlin. Then the skunk must have run out of musk because he started turning around trying to bite with Merlin dancing around him wanting to be friends. After a few tries the skunk gave up and decided to ignore Merlin. The skunk waddled half way down the yard and went under a shed. That is when my husband who had come out because of my screaming, went over and picked Merlin up and came over and handed him to me saying, "I have to go to work." I had him around the waist and as far away from me as possible and put him in the yard. Called groomer and she had recipe for getting rid of the smell. It really worked!! I put him in the house right after the "bath" and there was no odor.

I know. The vet could not believe it either. I had his eyes checked out because they were really red. I think he would do it again in a heart beat!!!

Rufus looks like he really loves the snow. Does he come in with balls of snow attached to him and melting everywhere??

Rufus does like the snow. I let their fur grow longer during the winter months, but with a big snow it can be awful. The snow balls up and their fur gets matted. It's a big mess. Jazzy doesn't like the snow as much. The last couple of summers we've smelled a skunk around our place, but have never seen him. I pray that our dogs never meet up with one...ha.

Rufus looks like he really loves the snow. Does he come in with balls of snow attached to him and melting everywhere??

Blog Entries
    Merlin does not discriminate, does he? Do you think it's the terrier in him that kept him trying to make friends despite the emphatic "leave me alone" messages?

I don't think Merlin knew what it was. It was moving slow enough so he could not chase it. He was happy and of course coming from behind to sniff it. He loves being friends with every thing except squirrels and rabbits and birds. They all run or fly from him and that is when the huner kicks in. I think terrier persistance could have made him keep going back.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marsye
    Got both my mutts at animal shelters when they were just weeks old. Their names are Nascar and Pitstop. Can you tell we are race fans? :lol:

The spoiled weenie is my mother's brat. She lives next door to me. :)
    OMG - I also have a longhaired dashund and has the same coat. Spoiled is what they like to do best.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast