Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures of our non-human friends

Elisabrat is that a Muscovy duck? We had 3 Muscovy's on our little pond here in Georgia but lost the last one this winter. They are wonderful.

Wow, I hadn't even looked at this thread until Celeste ask me to post pictures of my baby, Mortimer. I thought it was just the old thread that had been revived. So many beautiful animals!! And I know they are all loved, and all are special! :-D
    So, here is the story of our Mortimer. He is our third Dane, and the First Blue that we have owned. they are called Blue Danes, because when babies, their skin is really blue. We bought him from a private family, who rescued Danes.they lived in a small house, with 4 rescues. they never meant to have a litter, were getting ready to have the female spaded when they discovered she was pregnant. they had a full size mattress on the floor for the mother and babies.
    Mortimer's father and Mother were both Blues. And the father was so loving, he followed us around the house , sticking his head under my arm until I would stop and love on him. You could just tell that these were very loved animals. So, at only 5 weeks old we brought Mortimer Bluebear home with us. He was young, but we were close enough thatwe knew we could take him back if there were any problems. the mother had 13 pups and was having a hard time feeding them all, and they were already eating from a bowl, so home with us he came. We started off all worng right from the start, He was so little that we allowed him to sleep with us at night. He would whine, and I would get up and take him out, and he was house broken in no time.
    Watching Danes grow is so much fun. The grow3 up one week, and the next week, they grow long. and they are so clumsy, even when he was taller than the couch, he could'nt get up on it.
    And YOu have to carry them everywhere, it takes them forever to learn how to go up and down stairs.
    He is now 2 yrs old, and is a Daddy's boy. Unless he is hungry, and then he always comes to me :lol: :lol:
    He brings DH's old farm boots to him, and then cries until DH puts them on, and takes him to the farm.
    Here are some pictures of our baby.

Mortimer at 7 wks.
    Name:  Attachment-7635.jpe
Views: 261
Size:  38.6 KB

Sitting in Daddy's chair on his red pillow at 5 wks old
    Name:  Attachment-7636.jpe
Views: 265
Size:  39.2 KB

2 months old with a toy
    Name:  Attachment-7637.jpe
Views: 267
Size:  41.7 KB

more

On our king size bed
    Name:  Attachment-7998.jpe
Views: 266
Size:  76.0 KB

With his Christmas Stocking
    Name:  Attachment-7999.jpe
Size:  61.0 KB

In the chair with Daddy
    Name:  Attachment-8000.jpe
Views: 258
Size:  80.1 KB

Blog Entries
    Thank you Ninnie! They are all cute pictures, but I gotta admit that I am tickled you put the "In the chair with Daddy" in there! I love that one. He sure is a handsome fella! I commented before that I thought it was funny to have a Doberman lapdog, but this is the best. Please give him some loves from my sister and I. Emily wants you to give him a couple of sniffs from her - but I couldn't ask a human to do THAT! (You know where dogs sniff each other, right?) :shock: :oops:

Quote Originally Posted by Celeste
    Thank you Ninnie! They are all cute pictures, but I gotta admit that I am tickled you put the "In the chair with Daddy" in there! I love that one. He sure is a handsome fella! I commented before that I thought it was funny to have a Doberman lapdog, but this is the best. Please give him some loves from my sister and I. Emily wants you to give him a couple of sniffs from her - but I couldn't ask a human to do THAT! (You know where dogs sniff each other, right?) :shock: :oops:
    Ask Emily if it is alright if I just rub noses with him :lol: :lol: :lol:
    And I will gladly give him some love from you and your sister, he thrives on being loved. :-D

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Hi Celeste and everyone, and a big hi to all the furry cuties large and small! Here's my Dougal Dog - I guess he's around 9 now. I got him aged about 1 year on holiday in Ireland. I went horse riding and he was the stable dog. When I commented to the owner how cuteand friendly he was, she said 'oh, that thing, I'm having him put down, he keeps killing the neighbour's chickens...' well either she was spinning me a line or he's mellowed because look at him now... :-D My Barney Cat I got as a kitten here in France. I had his sister too, Betty who was all black but she went away one day a couple of years ago and never came back. I don't have any photos or her though. Barney is a fat, lazy lump who likes to sleep on my sewing chair. I perch on the edge to leave him room but if I crowd him, he pushes with his feet til he has enough room! He's supposed to be a mouser but to him, this means sitting in the door of the henhouse and watching the mice dance! :lol:
    Attached Images Attached Images

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Here's a couple more...

Blog Entries
    Here are my 3 fur babies :D varying ages :D and all males :D

When we got Louie...his hair had all been cut really short and he was abused (beaten and kicked) because he barked all the time. He was fed nothing but people food...very hard thing to break him of. It took almost 3 weeks of no people food before he started to eat dog food. Now, his hair has grown out nicely and he eats dog food...with an occasional treat of a cheese slice. :D

Petey...8 yr old Pom
    Name:  Attachment-7939.jpe
Views: 262
Size:  48.3 KB

Peko....12 yo Long Haired Miniature Doxie
    Name:  Attachment-7940.jpe
Size:  66.5 KB

Louie....4 yr old Pom (rescued from abusive home)
    Name:  Attachment-7941.jpe
Views: 255
Size:  26.6 KB

Banned
    Blog Entries
    These are my DOgs...we do have a cat named Princess....but can't find a picture right now.

I just lost my other dog..she was 13 years old and a husky. Very hard on all of us.
    BUt we have Brodie who is 8 years old and a yellow lab.

We also have Gracie..who is bigger now..than in this picture..SHe is an English Mastiff "puppy" and she is dark/brindle is what they call her.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    This is all of them at the lake....so they look a little ragged.

This is our Bailey, she is 8 and very spoiled. First picture is when Bailey was 9 weeks old and weighed 5lbs, second picture is of her now and she weighs 42lbs.

I love looking at all of babies that everyone has. They are all wonderful friends to have.

I have Smokey, a long-legged, short hair chihuahua. He belonged to my daughter, I kept him when she died. He is now 11 years old.

The other dog is AnnaBelle, she belongs to my GD. She is Lab-Husky mixed, her tongue is purple. She is a year and half old.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninnie
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste
    Ask Emily if it is alright if I just rub noses with him :lol: :lol: :lol:
    And I will gladly give him some love from you and your sister, he thrives on being loved. :-D
    Emily has noticed we humans keep our noses to the other side of the body, but chalked it up to the strange but loving ladies she adopted. She now understands that it's all human behavior and is delighted that you will give Mortimer a warm human hello for her and says thank you!

Blog Entries
    Thanks K3N! Dougal is just too cute for words. I'm glad you rescued him, regardless of a lie or not. The picture of him checking on the chickens to make sure they aren't gonna get him is so funny, especially with his adoption story.

Barney's funny. Isn't it funny how our pets don't listen to what we expect of them and go and do their own thing? He looks dang comfortable on the couch!

Blog Entries
    tigger5464 - you like cute little fluffy ones, don't you? I'm so glad you were able to rescue Louie from that horrible situation - bless you!

Blog Entries
    charismah - is that your husky in the second picture with Brodie? And in the first picture it looks like he was enjoying some water activity.

Gracie sure is pretty. I looked up English Mastiff, and this description tickled my funny bone. "When an intruder is caught they are more likely to hold them at bay, either by trapping them in a corner or laying on top of them rather than an all out attack."

Edit - I just read your next comment. Yep, water activity.

Blog Entries
    quilter2 - what kind of dog is Bailey? How did her color change? In that second picture it looks like she's trying to hypnotize you!

Blog Entries
    G-Maw Wilda - is there a "sub-breed" (is that a real term?) of chihuahua that has long legs? And is that a picture of AnnaBelle near the truck?

They're both cuties!

Blog Entries
    Yep...lol love the fur balls...they seem to have so much energy...keeps me on my toes all the time. And going for walks is never slow or boring as they would run constantly if I let them. :D Guess that they keep me in shape too. :D

Thank you everyone-Domino was such a love.
    Thanks for sharing your pets-i just love to see our fur babies!
    I am sharing a couple of more pictures-I can not resist lol
    The first couple are of my English Mastiff when he was 3 months old. My brother has him now and he is about 240 pounds (I got pregnant very soon after I was told I could not have kids and got my mastiff-knew I could not raise the baby and the mastiff) and some of the pictures of Maverick (mastiff) are with the runt of one of our litter's of boston pups.
    The boston in the blanket was our male Cupid. He passed away from seizures :-(.
    Thanks again for sharing everyone-I just love these babies!
    Hugs
    April

Here is a picture of my Yorkie I had awhile back. I got her in Germany back in '85' and she only got to 2 1/2 pounds. She was the bravest little dog, she would take on the black lab we had at the time. She was put down when she was 9 due to sezures. Her nick name was Woogie from my landlords in Germany.
    I would love to find another little one like her but I refuse to pay the money people are asking for Yorkies.

This was my 2 1/2 pound Yorkie Mitzi Rose
    Name:  Attachment-9452.jpe
Views: 241
Size:  71.1 KB

Celeste, Bailey is a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier, these dogs start out dark and gradually change to the wheat color. She has great eyes and loves to stare at you and give you kisses.

My dogs. The girl has a broken leg. Doin' fine though.

Great photos! We have a dog (GSD X Collie) named Charlie and we had two cats, Merryn and Bo, who were brother and sister, but the sister (cat in my avatar) got hit by a car a few weeks back and died :cry:

We have now adopted a new kitten named Lily and she's very cuddly and sweet.

Charlie and Merryn
    Name:  Attachment-14789.jpe
Views: 245
Size:  49.0 KB

Lily helping me with washing fabric for a quilt
    Name:  Attachment-14790.jpe
Views: 234
Size:  26.0 KB

Lily
    Name:  Attachment-14866.jpe
Views: 228
Size:  35.5 KB

Merryn and Bo
    Name:  Attachment-15037.jpe
Views: 226
Size:  53.6 KB

Charlie on the beach
    Name:  Attachment-15068.jpe
Views: 235
Size:  81.4 KB

Well I used to have two cats that were my babies. My husband is the greatest but while I was gone most of last summer caring for my terminally ill daughter, he gave my cats away. They wouldn't have anything to do with him and they needed frequent brushing to keep the hair down to a minimum. Soooooo, he gave them away...both to the same lady. He said they went right to her. They definately liked women the best. I still miss them every day.
    Shortly after I returned home, this dog showed up at our house. His feet were raw and he was very thin. It was obvious he was just a BIG puppy and very loving. We kept him, took him to the vet and got him healthy.I named him Jake Barker.(haha) He is outside 90% of the time but I let him in occasionally when he is clean. This picture was taken on one of those occasions.I also included pictures of my cats, Chester and Baby. I miss them every day. Chester was an18# lap cat...my big baby.....

Ditter

Baby and me
    Name:  Attachment-16732.jpe
Views: 226
Size:  57.3 KB

Jake
    Name:  Attachment-16733.jpe
Views: 235
Size:  75.5 KB

Chester
    Name:  Attachment-16888.jpe
Views: 230