Piece in the hoop.

Old 01-17-2018, 06:06 AM

Default Piece in the hoop.

I see that Embroidery Library has some new piece in the hoop designs. I would like to try these, but in reading the directions, it seems you have to make templates, cut fabric by the template and then "applique" it down. Have any of you done this? I want a pattern where you place the fabric on a sewing line right sides together, sew it down, and then flip it over, press the seam and then add the next piece of fabric, etc, not having to cut out shapes. Could the designs on Embroidery Library be done in the method? Thanks for you help.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:25 AM

Which ITH design projects are you considering? It depends on which one as there are many different methods for ITH projects.

Flip and fold projects give you the stitch line, tack down and final stitch so I would try to find one that works for your specific project. You would have to know which steps to add or delete for other designs.

Do you have software to make changes to designs?

Designs for applique are generally done ITH, no separate template needed usually.

You can make flip and fold right projects on the sewing machine too. Good luck!
Old 01-17-2018, 07:41 AM

Thank you. Do you have any suggestions for flip and fold projects?
Old 01-17-2018, 01:32 PM

The projects and designs are endless. There never seems enough time!

Flip and fold with JR. This one is easy as you just repeat the blocks.
https://www.anitagoodesignonline.com...-quilt-blocks/

More projects here too.https://swpea.com/
Old 01-17-2018, 06:18 PM

The method for its thst Embroidery Library uses is a bit confusing to me. There are better ways to do it than making those templates. Check google, etc. for better ways to,do,it - you can still use EB designs just in an easier way.

Sandy in snowy Mooresville, NC
Old 01-18-2018, 06:45 AM

Anita Goodesign has lots of ITH projects. I find they are easier to do than some others.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:48 AM

When I do those type of blocks I just cut a general piece of fabric the size of the one being placed on then after it is tacked with the first stitch trim it and then do the decorative stitch. I have done several if Molly Mine quilt blocks and it works very well. They take a little time, but turn out very nice.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:15 AM

I just made a ITH bag from EMB LIB, and the first time you make it, it is confusing- you need to really think through each step as you go. I suggest using a batik fabric so there is no right or wrong side, or non directional. When you get it down- you can personalize them and make them SO cute fussy cutting fabric and if you have software, you can change the quilting design etc. You can whip a bag out within an hour and a half!
There are many companies as stated by others that do have better instructions or offer tutorials on their web sites. They are addictive!! The only templates there are, are if you print it out in your software with your color changes- its not necessary- you can just cut the fabric larger than the placement stitching shows you and trim down. Make sense?