Pillows -opinions

Old 04-25-2015, 12:11 PM

Default Pillows -opinions

I am looking for new bed pillows. I have had 2 buckwheat pillows for about 20 years. I had really liked them ; but now I thing I need something new. I had such a problem sleeping last nite, everything was annoying me. I have neck and shoulder pain and headaches. I looked at some different pillow reviews online. Have any of you tried the "My Pillow"? It seems expensive. Got any good suggestions?
Old 04-25-2015, 12:15 PM
Power Poster

there was a hotel pillow talked about here that was supposed to be good. I have a small wheat husk pillow but would love a larger one. now using a semi soft foam one. my ear hurts if i sleep on one side too long and everything bothers me anyway. good luck.
Old 04-25-2015, 12:20 PM
Power Poster

I tried the foam contour pillow but couldn't get used to it. If feathers don't bother you, feather pillows stay nice a long time. I currently have a foam chip pillow that I make myself due to allergies. I don't over fill a muslin case so I can mold it under my neck and head to the perfect position.
Old 04-25-2015, 12:29 PM
Power Poster

I have a memory foam pillow with a bump on either side for side or back sleeping. it took about 3-4 days to get used to it.
I also have had 10 spinal surgeries. I have a 4" memory foam mattress cover also. I love the pillow. it gets a bit hard in the cold weather, but softens up in about a minute or two. I couldn't sleep without it. but give it a day or two t get used to it. It gives great neck support too.
Old 04-25-2015, 12:42 PM

Lynnie, where did you get your pillow?
Old 04-25-2015, 04:11 PM
Power Poster

If you have a Bed, Bath & Beyond near you, I'm pretty sure they have a return policy on pillows. (Ask to make sure.) If it doesn't work for you, you can return it no questions asked. They donate the used pillows to a homeless shelter.

We used feather pillows for many years and liked them. When dh needed a new pillow, we got a feather one for him (quite pricey!). It was a top-of-the-line pillow, but it bothered him from the first night. Lasted about a week. I believe the type of feathers used has changed over the years and it is harder now to find good feather pillows. He bought another pillow which I think is the down-substitute type, and that is working well for him. I wouldn't like it, though.

I think it was the My Pillow that my brother got. It didn't work very well for him. I got him a memory foam pillow for I think $35 at Sam's Club and he loves it! Got my sister a $20 memory foam pillow from Sam's Club and she loves hers too. You can check out reviews of the My Pillow at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Pillow-Seen-Qu...dp/B00990J620/
http://www.amazon.com/MyPillow-Class...dp/B00BC0SPIQ/
http://www.amazon.com/My-Pillow-Prem...dp/B007LLNMEC/
http://www.amazon.com/My-Pillow-Prem...dp/B007QDYN3E/

My pillow is an old feather one that still works for me. If I had to get a new pillow, I would definitely try one of the memory foam ones (especially as Sam's Club will take returns on pillows, I think). They come in different shapes too.

Dh started complaining about our mattress. We bought a memory foam topper from Sam's Club for about $100 and we both like it! Saved us from having to buy a new mattress. Same thing with my brother. He was all set to buy a new mattress and I convinced him to try a memory foam topper first. It solved all his problems with the mattress.

Last edited by Prism99; 04-25-2015 at 04:15 PM.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:15 PM

I have a memory foam pillow and can't sleep without it. We even have small ones for travel.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:36 PM

Sobel Westex might be the 1 nativetexan mentioned. I did order 2 pillows from them & really like them. Had an email from them that they are having 25% off pillows this weekend. Ordering code in SPRFLING15.
Old 04-26-2015, 02:18 AM

Thanks for posting about the Sobel Westex pillows. My DH has such a hard time finding a pillow that he can use, so I just ordered one with the discount code. He'll have a cow when he finds out how much it was, but if it's a good pillow, it will be worth it!
Old 04-26-2015, 03:54 AM

I just purchased new pillows after about 20 years with my feather pillows from http://www.thecompanystore.com/pillows/down-pillows/ I love them