Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   "Camping Trip"...your Best or Worst! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22camping-trip%22-your-best-worst-t56457.html)

JJs 07-27-2010 07:17 AM

Sounds like I'm one of the few lucky ones whose DH HELPS when camping! I cook, he cleans up, etc....
That's one thing he has ALWAYS helped with - a camping trip - it might have had something to do with a madfit I might have had some time in the far distant past or something ... not sure I actually remember something like that - but it could have been.... possibly..... maybe....

buwahahahahaaaa

rwquilts 07-27-2010 07:22 AM

LOL! I'm sooo loving reading all about your stories good or bad with camping! I have a great DH regards camping, thankfully...I get things ready...food, sanitary, ulitarian, etc...he gets the tent and and all the stuff that goes inside plus dutch ovens, etc...we share the work...and with just the two of us, we camped soooo simply! Hot dogs...how hard is that to make a properly burned hot dog that crunches when you bite into it? We did splurge and cook peach cobbler in the dutch oven though...yum!

rwquilts 07-27-2010 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by JJs
Sounds like I'm one of the few lucky ones whose DH HELPS when camping! I cook, he cleans up, etc....
That's one thing he has ALWAYS helped with - a camping trip - it might have had something to do with a madfit I might have had some time in the far distant past or something ... not sure I actually remember something like that - but it could have been.... possibly..... maybe....

buwahahahahaaaa

Many years ago I learned to speak my mind and husband and kids all had chores and mom had some time to play as well, but that was after mom did everything and went home exhausted and none too happy! Kids learned to do a bit of helping without too much complaining as they had mostly playtime and DH learned to do some mighty fine cooking and cleaning! LOL!

jackkip 07-27-2010 07:32 AM

My idea of camping is staying at a hotel with a number in the name of it. Motel 6, super 8.... :-)

Up North 07-27-2010 07:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
When camping Children should look like this till bedtime!! :lol:

amandasgramma 07-27-2010 08:07 AM

We LOVE camping -- in fact, we're leaving in about 2 hours for a week at the lake! I'm taking some fabric for handpiecing.

My worst has to be this last May!!! We went on our yearly jaunt with friends. We got there a day early and instead of "rounding up the wagons", they parked in another area(4 campers)and blocked our view and basically excluded us! They did things totally opposite from the past....dinners not until 10:00 at night!!!!!! I can't handle the way it went and the people were even different! One guy and his wife are alcoholics and caused problems. We will NOT be going with them again -- we'll go to the same area, but we'll camp up a different arm of the river.....

littlehud 07-27-2010 08:21 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I did a lot of camping when the kids were small and started back up three years ago. DGD lives with me and I thought she might like it. She loves it. Cries everytime we leave the campground and wants to know when we will be back. Nearly every trip involves some kind of drama like setting up in the rain and strong winds overnight. But that is what makes it interesting. This last trip was the only scary one. We rented a fifth wheel at the KOA we stay at. There was a huge storm with 65 MH winds. I thought we were going to tip over. Yet at the end of it there was a beautiful rainbow and the rest of the trip was great. If it ever cools off we will be back again.

double rainbow
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70113[/ATTACH]

starting the fire
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70114[/ATTACH]

gotta have smore, check out that sunset
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70115[/ATTACH]

QBeth 07-27-2010 09:02 AM

We went "camping" ... once. I didn't know how much my significant other DIDN'T want to use a tent. After not finding a cheap camper, he drove over three hours to VT to borrow his brother's RV. Okay, I don't mind even though I like sleeping in a tent.

Being unfamiliar with the RV, he didn't put the jacks under the end. Everytime one of us turned over in the night, we went a rockin' and rollin'; glad I don't get seasick! :-)

The second morning I get out of bed only to land in a very wet soggy rug! Something sprung a leak in the night. Now, no water in the RV. That's okay. Ugh!

Best thing though... which he doesn't let me forget... it was almost 100 degrees with (felt like) 90% humidty that weekend. Blessed A/C worked just fine. I may become a believer!

MaryStoaks 07-27-2010 09:02 AM

We camped for years in tents with our 4 sons. I did all the work, they hiked, fished, swam and boated in inflateables. Now empty nesters, we inherited a little motorhome, only 20 ft.. I am so glad to finally have a bed,toilet, shower, sink, fridge and stove. We don't camp much, mostly use it for trips to visit the kids. Having a bathroom with us is a very big deal in my book!

QBeth 07-27-2010 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by MaryStoaks
Having a bathroom with us is a very big deal in my book!

Amen!