Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   "Congrats" to our Canadian friends on their Hockey Gold Medal Win (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22congrats%22-our-canadian-friends-their-hockey-gold-medal-win-t38220.html)

shaverg 02-28-2010 03:07 PM

I am so happy for you. It is great for your guys to win on their own soil. I felt I would celebrate no matter who one. We have so many Canadians that play here in the states on our teams. How can we not be happy for you.

I am sure we all share in your joy, and hey a Silver ain't too shabby. It was a great game. I am sure our team is proud of the Silver, I know all of us her in the US are very proud.

Chasing Hawk 02-28-2010 03:10 PM

:thumbup: :thumbup: good job. Now stop sending all that cold air down here. hehe

b.zang 02-28-2010 03:45 PM

Some guy was talking on the radio the other day about medal winning, and said that the happiest winners are the bronze medalists. According to his theory, the gold medalists are exhausted, the silver medalists feel like they lost the gold, but the bronze are happy to have a medal. It sure looked like that for the USA team. As sad as they looked, those silver medals were pretty nice!

shaverg 02-28-2010 03:53 PM

That might be true, I know our ladys were not happy with their silver in hockey. I was really disappointed when one of our gals said silver s--ked. I think most are so happy to be part of the Olympics, medals are nice but what a great accomplishment to just be able to compete. Like the guy from Nigeria (I think), the only athlete from his country. What a happy and humble guy he was just to be part of it all.

Hey, I love Canada, have been their many times and have spent many vacations, in the Canadian waters as well as Victoria, Whistler and Vancouver. I could definitely have dual citizenship, no problem.

Originally Posted by b.zang
Some guy was talking on the radio the other day about medal winning, and said that the happiest winners are the bronze medalists. According to his theory, the gold medalists are exhausted, the silver medalists feel like they lost the gold, but the bronze are happy to have a medal. It sure looked like that for the USA team. As sad as they looked, those silver medals were pretty nice!

Susy 02-28-2010 04:41 PM

Yes, we (Canada) did well but what a great game, the US sure gave us a run, no time to get cocky! Yay to all of our athletes from everywhere!

Baren*eh*ked_canadian 02-28-2010 05:47 PM

▌♥ ▌ GoLD Canada GoLD ▌♥ ▌
I almost felt bad for the American team, they looked so sad!
It's funny because in every other sport, all the medalists were super happy and celebrating, but in Hockey, the silver medalists were more disappointed than 4th place!

littlehud 02-28-2010 06:58 PM

Congrats to all the athletes and the medal winners. I am so happy Canada won so many medals at their home games. It was so fun to watch them all.

cutebuns 02-28-2010 10:38 PM

I am proud of all the athletes that participated. There was some truly awesome performances straight across the board.