Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   The "E" Cigarette (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22e%22-cigarette-t133160.html)

MoMoSews 06-25-2011 06:14 PM

I just finished reading another thread about quitting smoking and someone asked about the e-cigarette. I took Chantix and quit smoking 2 months after smoking, well forever. Die hard to the core!!! The one difference this time is I now use the e cigarette for that manual habit we smokers get. This device is a battery operated tool that emits an odorless vapor. Can be used anywhere, even in an office. Plugs into a computer or wall socket to charge. The filter end od the cig unscrews and can be changed. Each filter is equal to a pack of cigs. they come in packs of 5 filters for $14. They have nicotine flavor, vanilla,mocha and menthol oh and chocolate. I started with the full flavor and worked my way down to the vanilla or mocha with no nicotine in them. medical professionals say the amount of carcinogens is in the E compared to a real cig is 1 to 100. Far less than real tobacco. It is in liquid form with an atomizer in the filter. The hardest thing to get accustomed to is the weight of the battery. I only use the flavored ones with no nicotine. No odors, no coughing every time I laugh and my teeth are whiter. Yes there is still a cost, but much less than regular cigarettes. Eventually I will pass mine on to someone else, but for now I'm happy I have progressed this far. I am nicotine free. For advice on which brand to look into pm me.

Airwick156 06-25-2011 06:19 PM

Congratulations on quitting. I smoked four packs a day for 29 years and quit COLD TURKEY in January 2002. I wish that on no one as that was very hard to do. But I feel much better and I am sure you will too. Keep up the good work. Im rooting for you. :)

mythreesuns 06-25-2011 06:34 PM

My husband and I started the Chantix..and after 7 weeks for hubby and 9 for me..we are now smoke free. His last one was March 27th..and mine was April 9th. We still grave for one..at times..but the urge to NOT smoke is greater then the urge to smoke. I now enjoy not being tied to smoking.

Izaquilter 06-25-2011 06:35 PM

I'M A QUITTER! It will be 2 wks Tues since I have had a cigarette. I tried the E cigarette & it was OK. Just couldn't give up my real cigarettes when I was doing the E cigarette for some reason. I have a good friend that has been using it for close to a yr & she loves it. BUT you CAN'T smoke anywhere with them. She was at Olive Garden & this one table complained about it so they asked her to put it away. Just depends on mgmt I think. LOL She knew who complained so when mgmt was at her table she said she was getting ready to eat & "that girls crack & thong isn't all that appetizing to me when I'm going to eat" LOL so they in turn had to ask the girl to pull up her pants so her thong wasn't showing & the crack of her butt was covered! I'm fat & I just don't see how fat girls can think that is sexy! But she smokes her cigarette in the show, at the grocery store, you name it she smokes it. Her kids call it her pacifire & she does smoke that way more than she did cigarettes. Now I'm going to start nagging her to get off that since she was on me so bad about cigarettes. (she had every right to be on me)

mzmama 06-25-2011 06:38 PM

Congrats to both of you. I stopped smoking 17 years ago when I learned I was going to be a grandmother.

KimS 06-25-2011 06:39 PM

Oops! Sent twice.

KimS 06-25-2011 06:39 PM

I have the e-cig. and it did work but I failed. :-( Had some stressful situations hit and reached for that pack of cigarettes. I need to get back to the e-cig. and give it another shot.

meanmom 06-25-2011 06:41 PM

congratulations on quitting smoking. I have never smoked but I know how hard it is to quilt.

MoMoSews 06-25-2011 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by KimS
I have the e-cig. and it did work but I failed. :-( Had some stressful situations hit and reached for that pack of cigarettes. I need to get back to the e-cig. and give it another shot.

It's never too late! You won't be sorry.

Chasing Hawk 06-25-2011 07:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We quit June 16th, 2004.
Used the patch for 2 weeks and that was it.
With the money we saved we paid off one truck and have less than a year on my Dodge pickup.

A friend of ours uses that E cig, she looked kinda like Audrey Hepbern ...........lol