Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   "Gotta live to be 100"!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22gotta-live-100%22-t129642.html)

barbo117 06-11-2011 06:42 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Along with quilts, I just love birdhouses! As with quilting, don't know what it is but can't seem to get enough. See a design or object and say "wow that would make a cute quilt or birdhouse" and there we go. Thought you might enjoy seeing some of my birdhouse projects. The one on the pole in the garden was made early this spring from scrap wood that I had. It is quite large. Didn't use a pattern, just designed and built as I went along. I am tickled to say that each hole now has a wren family living inside. Some of the ones on the deck were made from purchased patterns and some were self designed. The 3 latest ones, the angel, frog and bee were finished last week as gifts for my grandson's teachers and bus driver. I designed these myself. They are all functional biridhouses protected from the weather for outside use. I adore how the bee turned out, gotta make one of those for myself! Also designed a ladybug that will be adorable. My problem is there just isn't enough time for all the things that I want to do! Received my new Quilting World mag today and there are 2 more quilts in there that I love and must have. Husband says I need to take a "chill pill". I tell him I don't have time. What I need to do is figure out how I can live to be 100 and still be able to quilt and make birdhouses. Any ideas? LOL

gunny148 06-11-2011 06:49 AM

George Burns said cigars kept him lining so long...Kidding aside. I 56 and a youngen but im looking foward to growing old. and quilting

AngieS 06-11-2011 06:51 AM

These are adorable!! Love these!

blueangel 06-11-2011 06:52 AM

Those are adorable birdhouses. I know what you mean. So much to do and so little time.

redquilter 06-11-2011 07:01 AM

They are wonderful. As for living to be 100 - keep doing what you're doing. I heard that God keeps us here as long as we have something to do. If that's the case, I think we'll ALL be around for a long, long time!

apronlady 06-11-2011 07:09 AM

Tell your hubby to stop raining on your parade. Keep doing all you can, while you can, when you want to! The birds and anyone having your quilts will love you for it!

eastermarie 06-11-2011 07:22 AM

Will the birds nest so close to the house? The little houses are adorable.

mommafank 06-11-2011 08:33 AM

First of all---everything is so adorable in your pictures. My best friend and I want to live to be 100 Plus so we can make all the quilts we keep seeing that we love. Maybe just having a passion is what it takes and it looks like you have a couple of passions.

amma 06-11-2011 10:26 AM

WOW!! I love ALL of your bird houses :D:D:D

Gramie bj 06-11-2011 12:59 PM

My grandma says eat when hungry, sleep when tired, and don't take sh-t off anyone LOL She is 101,and still tells me my stiches are to big! (she's right, they are!)